season 5 race 2@ Monza- setup discussion

Thanks for all the setups posted here and for an interesting discussion. One question I have has to do with toe in/toe out (negative toe in).

Most or all maybe of the setups posted here have toe out front and back, as does the default setup. I know toe-out (negative toe-in) is usual at the front and I understand that it is to give better turn in. I heard previously that a small amount of (positive) toe-in is normal at the rear to stabalize the cars on the straight, similar to normal toe-in on standard road cars.

What is the thinking behind using toe-out at the rear in your setups?

Hi Reik, the msg I sent out was not for you, but for everyone in the community, I felt like there was some competition with the set up thing, and I agree with all what you said and believe it or not I’m not expert in set up at all, I gather information from the team (Aqua Vista Racing) and I put together a set up to suit me and hopefully to suit someone out there in the community. As I mentioned before if we keep sharing the set ups, than we becomes better drivers and that will give us clean race less accidents, less frustrations. About strategy, which most of the times makes the race, there are few way,
1- Super soft tyres first stint (18 laps), soft tyres second stint, but you need to put more tyre pressure so the supper soft can last you 18 laps,
2- Medium tyres both stint
3- My strategy, Soft tyres first stint (19 laps) soft tyres second laps
Good luck to all and thank you for sharing the information.

Where can I find the race distance? I don't see a Monza race topic and I haven't received anything from Mr. Race Director (who almost banned me due to a mix up last week). And just to be clear, is 1 pit stop mandatory or 2?

Where can I find the race distance? I don't see a Monza race topic and I haven't received anything from Mr. Race Director (who almost banned me due to a mix up last week). And just to be clear, is 1 pit stop mandatory or 2?

If you are missing info from the race director then maybe you should email him and inform him about it. If you do not know the race length then you are missing other information as well :)

need?:) PrestoGP Race Calendar Season 5

Attachments

• calendar 1.jpg
    calendar 1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 226
  • calendar.jpg
    calendar.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 197
A bit of info on my setup "mr b race#2" if anyones thinking of using it (unlikely:rolleyes:), firstly it comes with super softs, don't use these, I have done 1/2 distances with softs and they hold up ok, although I have increased the tyre pressure +1/2lb,

plus the fuel will only get me 20 laps so will prob need increasing also, I might lengthen 7th gear a tad and I think 3rd is too long

I see there is a 1/5 chance of rain! will anyone gamble on more wing?

Jim

need?:) PrestoGP Race Calendar Season 5

Valerio, it's allways great to see guys helping each other here at RD. But in this case i think, Nicholai wanted to let the guys find the required informations themself.

Of course it's ok to ask any question about little things, you aren't able to find out at the moment quickly. But to ask for the essential things depending on the league (event conditions, rules), shows that some aren't as prepared (informed) as they should be!

I wouldn't be surprised to see few drivers driving close to the pit wall in the race. But maybe i'm to pessimistic on that. We'll see...

I wouldn't be surprised to see few drivers driving close to the pit wall in the race. But maybe i'm to pessimistic on that. We'll see...

The race Director was ment to deal with this through a "drivers meeting" before the race. unfortunatley it seems that time is running away from him. A drivers meeting will however be introduced from round 3. In this meeting the spesifics of the tracks will be discussed and drivers will agree on what is ok and what is not, much like what they do in real f1.

For this round an email only hours before race start will have to do. I think it will say something like
-no cutting on any chicane or corner
-two wheels on track on s/f straight (if we had a drivers meeting we might have agreed on to stay to the left on the s/f straight, but since this never happened I feel the only fair thing is to stick to the black and white rules)
-only one lane change (can be harder to defend if you start out on the inside lane on the s/f straight

The race Director was ment to deal with this through a "drivers meeting" before the race. unfortunatley it seems that time is running away from him. A drivers meeting will however be introduced from round 3. In this meeting the spesifics of the tracks will be discussed and drivers will agree on what is ok and what is not, much like what they do in real f1.

Yeah, very good idea. I think it would be easy to open a thread before every event, where everyone could mention his experiences about tricky things he knows from the past. This would result in a sencefull discussion and only need to do, is to update the first post with the main reminders and, if necessary, additions to the normal rules. So everyone can have a look at post Nr. 1 to get all the infos...

btw: My post above was meant ironical, because it's a basic RD rule to have at least two wheels inside the withe lines at all times. So everything's clear for Monza (i thought)!:wink:

BUT: I know there's a place at Singapore, this rule needs an addition...:rolleyes:

-only one lane change (can be harder to defend if you start out on the inside lane on the s/f straight

I think it doesn't need to be that strict. I'd like it to sound more like "no weaving and unexpactable maneuvers on straights"...:confused:

I think it doesn't need to be that strict. I'd like it to sound more like "no weaving and unexpactable maneuvers on straights"...:confused:

The changing lane rule is an universal rule for all racing under FIA as for as I know (am about to take my real life license ;) ), and the only reason for changing lanes more than once is to make it even harder (and more dangerous) for the guy behind to make a pass.

This rule has always been in place at Presto, but we have never needed to hand out any penalties for this, even though we have had occations where drivers push the limit.

The most important for us is that everybody behaves in a predictable and clear manner. This means a clear choice of line (not in the middle of the road) and only one change allowed. This makes it easier for the guys behind as they know where the car ahead will move if it moves.

But to "meet you half ways" Reik, I think at the end of the day both the way you would write the rule (no weaving or unexpected behavior) and mine (only 1 lane-change) would result in pritty much the same. If you change lane twice it is starting to look both unpredictable and like weaving to me :)

Practical example:
If you chose to stay on the right side of the s/f straight at Monza, and then move to the left after the s/f line, you cannot move back to the right to block a passing move. So if you have moved to the left the guy behind now knows that the right side of the road will be clear (predictable).

sorry, was busy, here is my setup.
Don't know if that's anyones cup of tea, but I like it. a lot of fun to drive with it and as I said, 1.19 flat possible with it.

BTW @ Reik : I didn't mean my setup is better than yours, I think it is equal but for a different driving style. i like it to turn more. Your setup with my driving style seems somehow sluggish.

Attachments

• test 4.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 220

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline