season 5 race 2@ Monza- setup discussion

ok, short post from me...

here's my so far "quickest" setup, based on Jeres setup. Needed to adjust small things to make it suit my style. With this setup, i made a 1:19:002.

I also post a reworked version of my earlier posted setup here, because Alex liked the 1st one and might want to try this 2nd one now. with this setup i made a 1:19:2xx...

Attachments

• Reik-F1 e.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Jere-Reik-F1 a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 277
Hi Guys, here I have my Q & R set up, you need to tune it to your driving skill.it wont disappoint you. Good luck

Attachments

• aqua_vista_racing_turbo_q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 233
  • aqua_vista_racing_turbo_r.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 205
hi guys.
i've been busy for a long time,now i have some free time and just rejoined driving :)

really thankx to all the guys who share their setup,it helps so much considering my lack of practice :doublethumb:

Thanks Joe ive managed a 1.19.2 so far with your q setup, it feels very stable and is great under braking, the race setup enables a really quick race pace to be had too, thanks again.

Dumb question, did Denis cheat to get his 1.18.5?
I didn't test much .was busy with iRacing and Virtua Ferrari but I will do some laps after watching Monza Qualy and check if I can contribute something to the setup.

Ok, tried Reiks setup and I find it kind of boring to drive with it. The car seems heavy with it. I will post my setup once I get home from work. The only thing i used from his setup is the front toe, everything else is different I think.
Did 1.19.5 with it and on next lap was suddenly .4 seconds faster in sector 1 which surpised me and I messed up the following right hander, so 1.19 flat easily possible.

so 1.19 flat easily possible.

I can only dream of being that rapid, at my age I'll have to be satisfied with just "consistent"

Interesting thing with the Monza track, I find the difference between low fuel qualy and race setup not as big as at most tracks, maybe 1.5-2 secs? instead of 3-4?

Here's my race set as it stands atm, it's a modded version of Joe's q set, I will race with something fairly close to this I think, maybe with med compound tyres to be safe and a bit more rad opening, but I'll see how it goes

Jim

Attachments

• mr b race#2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 261
Ok, tried Reiks setup and I find it kind of boring to drive with it. The car seems heavy with it. I will post my setup once I get home from work. The only thing i used from his setup is the front toe, everything else is different I think.
Did 1.19.5 with it and on next lap was suddenly .4 seconds faster in sector 1 which surpised me and I messed up the following right hander, so 1.19 flat easily possible.

I'm curious abour your "quicker" setup... :redface: Would be nice if it makes me quicker, too. :cool:

When i started testing here, i made a setup based on Spa and it was quiet nervous. I managed a 1:19:2xx. Then i took Jeres setup, made only slight adjustments and felt the same thing like you. It feels stiff, but i was surprised to make a 1:19:002 with it. From that point on i didn't find any adjustment, that made me quicker...

I now upload my latest setup wich i've done my PB with. It's based on Joe's last posted "turbo-q" setup with some changes from me. Thanks to all sharing theire great setups here.

With Joes setup i had to adjust steering lock of course and move brake balance much more to the front. I wonder if Aqua Vista has such a different driving style or if it depends on other controller settings, but i can't drive a balance with 54:56 :rolleyes:...

Attachments

• AquaVista-Reik ab.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 243
Hi guys
Last season we all straggled with set ups, last season was disaster for me, some drivers
were very very fast, and some drivers very slow including myself, there was no balance on the track which I believed caused a lot of accidents and frustrations. The idea with set up thread is to give all drivers the opportunity to understand how the set up works, to give it better race, and to have better communications with all drivers, and it’s not to show that my set up is better than yours or quicker than yours, my set up could suite some drivers and be the worst for some others, the idea is to share all set up so we can improve our driving skill for better race. Example, I tried Jere & Reik set up, I liked Reiks more than Jere, it doesn’t mean that Jere set up is not faster, it just didn’t suite my driving skill, and I learned few thinks from Reik set up which I changed in my own set up & it did improve my driving, this is what I’m talking about to share and improve our driving skills. Thank you all for sharing the set ups.

(...), and it’s (this thread) not to show that my set up is better than yours or quicker than yours, (...)

I think i understand what you mean. Sure it looks a bit like a competiton about best setups and best lap times, but i didn't want to let it look like that. :)

I just wanted to let the communtity know about the setup which i used for my so far PB. And i just find it fair paying you the respect to mention, that the whole base of it was your setup. :wink:

And i think, if i tell about some changes i had to make, reducing steering lock in general (because of different controller settings) and moving brake balance much more to the front, could help some other drivers making their conclusions.

And i wondered if the break balance of 54:56 gives you a special car behavior to suit your style, because for me it's not driveable. This is a point how i could eventually improve my style. And if a not so experienced drivers reads or discussions about such things, he can get an idea of our styles and may be better judge, if he takes your setup, my setup, or an other one...

Finally i like the talks here much, much more than the talks we had before about setup secrecies. :)

Btw: If someone (me included) says, that one specific setup here is the best, then he'll ever mean "the best for himself" and not the best at all. Because there can't ever be the one and only best setup.

hehehehehehe.... I guess not :)

I allready noticed in the past, that some drivers use a brake balance, which tends more to the rear, than i could handle. Then i wonder if they can handle it better because their controller, in this case the brake paddle, allows them to give a more sensible input.
I use a black Logitech Momo FFB wheel. Would you say a G25 gives me better opportunities to controll the car closer to the edge?

I allready noticed in the past, that some drivers use a brake balance, which tends more to the rear, than i could handle. Then i wonder if they can handle it better because their controller, in this case the brake paddle, allows them to give a more sensible input.
I use a black Logitech Momo FFB wheel. Would you say a G25 gives me better opportunities to controll the car closer to the edge?
I have modified my G25 with this load sensor http://www.apelectrix.com/. It is expensive, the price was equivalent to 40 beer here in Sweden:) The brake pedal reacts to force not like the original wich sensors the position of the pedal. I think it's easier to brake with a pedal that reacts more like an irl brake. I didn't get any more speed with this mod but the feeling is more realistic. In the setup I use - the original settings done by Peter Marshall for Spa, I have brake balance 59/41 to start with.

First of all, I am no expert. I use Joe's setup now, and at one stage I tried to push more brake power to the rear in order to enable me to have more front grip when I turn into the chicanes. I did not notice a big difference in "the feel" but my lap times went in the wrong direction so i quickly went back to 54/46.

For me the brake balance is a choice between front grip at the turn-in point (more to the rear) vs. shorter braking distance (more to the front). Of course I also need to be able to handle whatever balance I end up with. I have the same wheel as you Reik, in my view that does not make a big difference.

I think I will try out more front brakes as I was faster with 54 instead of 53, so maybe I'll be even faster with 55? Time will show :)

At another setup-note, now that we are so open with setups I'm thinking we can seperate between setup and strategy. So, the last changes one make in terms of pure race strategy (not to get better lap times but eg. different gear ratio to more easily overtake on straights) in my mind would benifit from being "a secret". This is not because I have a good idea what I will do, but I am considering a setup for optimal lap times vs. setup for passing in slip-stream vs. setup for long stint and lots of fuel to avoid traffic. Some secrecy around this spesific topic I believe would create a more colourful and exciting race (so we all do not have eg. the same top speed).

I hope you don't misunderstand what I mean, because I am the biggest fan of setup-openness, but if you see what I mean with the difference between setup and strategy then I think you get my point. Any opionions on this?

As and end note I would like to say that I have not tried too many different setups although i might have said in this thread that I would do so. As a matter of fact I have only tried Joe's and Anthony's. The reason why I am so reluctaint to try many different setups is that I had such a troubbling season 4 that I am afraid of losing the good feel I have obtained this season.

I have modified my G25 with this load sensor http://www.apelectrix.com/. It is expensive, the price was equivalent to 40 beer here in Sweden:) The brake pedal reacts to force not like the original wich sensors the position of the pedal. I think it's easier to brake with a pedal that reacts more like an irl brake. I didn't get any more speed with this mod but the feeling is more realistic. In the setup I use - the original settings done by Peter Marshall for Spa, I have brake balance 59/41 to start with.

How long have you had this Valter? my brake pot (ex clutch pot, I swapped them with the first pot went) is shot and I was going to order one of these right now, but it seems he has taken it down and the contact(submit) doesn't work

PM me if you have another contact for him :)

Jim

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years