1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 2 Archive

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Andrew Holmes, Jan 27, 2016.

Will You Attend

Poll closed Jan 28, 2016.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 11.33.13.png

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. This is the Teams & Drivers thread for the TNGTC’s second season. The Teams & Drivers line up can change dramatically through the course of a season, so drivers are advised to keep updated. If any changes are made, the drivers involved will be tagged in the announcement.
    Teams & Drivers.png

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. This is the Thursday Night GT Championship News Column; this is where you come to post news for Season Two.
    News.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. This is the Season Two Points Table for the Thursday Night GT Championship. Here is where drivers can check their statistics and their place in the championship.
    TNGTC START.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  5. HOLMES: "Proud To Be Champion"
    Merc.png
    @Andrew Holmes of GWAH GT Team has spoken out after the final race of Season One. Holmes sealed the championship in fine style at the final race of the season at Le Mans, France. He took pole and led every lap of the race to finish 1st by seven seconds. Here is what Andrew had to say about his campaign:
    "It's been a rollercoaster season hasn't it? Yeah, it's been a long old season, and I'm very proud to be champion of this sport. I've had a good set of people around me, including my team-mate Gareth. He's been a great help this year, so I'm happy to have done him proud."

Speaking about Season Two, Holmes had this today:
    "I'm not very happy with my car for next season, it's not my type of racer. But, I will do my very best to get back in contention and hopefully defend my title."

Season Two starts in Australia with round one on the 5th of Febraury. The Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit will not be a true reflection of everyone's pace , so we may have to wait for Dubai to see where the teams are.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is the Season Two GT3 Stewards' Office, where our stewards @Rob McEwan and @Jonathan Seekings reside and make decisions on any incidents in the GT3 Division. If you wish for a decision to be made, simply post your complaint using the following form.
    Drivers Involved:

Video Footage (Range):

Describe Incident:

7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Hello Everyone With Season 2 closing in we decided would be great to have a test run so to speak of our new race layout and also to see where everyone is compaired to the rest of the field i would Hope That all Drivers that are able to should attend as there is valuable information to learn from this before Bathurst next week Look Forward to seeing all the new teams there tonight

8. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

10. What circuit?

11. Guessing Bathurst

I dunno if I can make it, probs going gym instead, you should of made this post like yesterday or something

12. Not my post buddy, @Adam Morris' post.

13. Yeah I know it was, I just replied to yours and his in one quote

14. New wheel ordered, today fanatec just have to get back to me with a delivery date and I'm set for the season, fingers crossed it arrives in time I paid express so hopefully early next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Good job jay

16. Bathurst.png

The Circuit

The Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit is a very challenging circuit; close walls, bumpy, and high speed. The circuit is a place synonymous with the V8 Supercars series, and it is now home to the opening round of Season Two of the Thursday Night GT Championship. The 3.86 mile long circuit will test the drivers to the limit, and with twenty turns to worry about, the cars will be put through their paces as well.

Season Two
    There have been many changes to the championship since Season One; there is a new race format over the course of race day. Now, race day again begins with a fifteen minute Qualifying session. This decides the grid for the Feature Race. The Feature Race is around thirty minutes in length. After this, there is another ten minute Qualifying session, in which all but the top five of the Feature Race can Qualify. The teams have also changed between seasons; if you wish to see these changes, simply follow this link to the Teams & Drivers thread.

Season Preview
    A preview of season two, presented by @Jonathan Seekings, @Adam Morris and @Ben Milden.

Setup Guide
    Here is @Adam Morris presenting his season two feature, Setup Guide. Enjoy, watch and learn!

Press Conference
    Q:
    Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
    Q: What are the main benefits of the car you have?
    Q: What are your main aims for the first race?
    Q: Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Press Conference
    Q: Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
    Yes, very happy with @Gareth Williams as my team-mate and I could be happier with the car.

Q: What are the main benefits of the car you have?
    Good turning, very variable on set-up.

Q: What are your main aims for the first race?
    Survive, spin less than three times and hopefully score 10 points over the course of the two races.

Q: Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result?
    Probably the Sprint Race.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Press Conference
    Q:
    Are you happy with your team-mate and car choice for up-coming season?
    I got a better car than teammate and I hate the car :(. Will give it everything this season to have a good one.
    Q:
    What are the main benefits of the car you have?
    Brilliant in the rain.
    Q:
    What are your main aims for the first race?
    Score atleast one team podium, hopefully win if wet.
    Q:
    Which race over the course of the day do you think will deliver your best result?
    No idea.

• Like Like x 1
  19. *race date 4th of February not 5th*

20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Threads look much better @Andrew Holmes good job. Just a small mistake sprint qualifying is 10 minutes not 15

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.