Season 18 Car Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
What car would you like to use in season 18?

The poll will close in 1 week and is open to Presto members and prospective members. If you dont have any plans to join Presto Season 18 then please DO NOT vote.

I will refrain from voting, partly due to having no experience with the FR3.5. I will say, however, that while the FISI was fun, I felt it was a little too much of step for me personally right now. Either that or you have only aliens in your ranks. Admittedly only aliens who seem to spin out all the time :p, and leave me to scoop up the rewards, but still.

I would be more likely to join if the FR3.5 was used, but nothing is a given, so again, I shall not officially vote.

my own thoughts about the fisi are its very hard to get used to in the time frame we have before season 18, i tend to lean towards r3.5 again and for the forseeable future, everyone was used to it and we all have setups that can be used, the fisi would take so much time to learn the tyres and the setup side.

when we choose a car for the league it should be based on a few criteria like safety, ease of use, attendance levels, and longevity. with the fisi i see safety as a problem as with higher speeds becomes a greater risk of incidents. i also see ease of use as a problem as its not easy to set up and the time to learn how the tyres react to diffrent things. with attendance levels i see some who might give up easy if they cant be consistant enough or if they crash out within a few laps as the damage to the fisi is much higher than r3.5. and longevity includes all 3 of the above, are we willing to put the time in if the attendance levels fall? is everyone willing to put the time into setups and tyres?, i know i cant promise that i can right at this time. we need to think long and hard before we make our decision because we cant switch car every season.

like always i will race with whatever is chosen but i hope that the people who end up dissappointed that their choice doesnt win the vote dont decide to leave or end up putting in less time due to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%