SEASON 16 RACE -HUNGARY- INCIDENTS REPORT-

2 incidents:

1 with Tim, made contact at the second last time, well I think we did, looked like your car shot forward and you had a little slide, from my end I wasnt even close but I knew somethign had happened.

1 with Sharjeel while lapping, didnt know what side Sharjeel would pick going into the fast right, preference wouldve been to pass before or after this turn, it didnt work out for us and we made contact, no harm done to me.

No problem, Valerio not your fault I should've gotten off the throttle when I initially saw you lose traction. I was initially going to speed around the outside of you but looked like you were gonna go wide when you got some tire spin when entering track so I then went for the racing line instead but you were able to get the spin under control and I couldn't brake in time. I'll try to get off the throttle earlier in the next situation.
Had a lot of fun! My previous longest race distance before this was about 30mins so I'm more than happy with where I finished :)

All 3 with Sharjeel Riaz.
I was comming up to him, tried to overtake him, but no chance.
I also blowed the horn often !!!
The 1st time the only way was to push him away,
this damaged my front wing a bit.
The 2nd time I had to do a hard maneuver,
with losing some rubber.
The 3rd time I blowed the horn I think 20s,
then I pushed him away.
Sry but I found no other solution !!!

The 2nd time was when I had the out lap after pit,
and Artyom was in the pit, so I almost lost P1!!!

So Sharjeel PLEASE watch the mirror and let overtake !!!

Thank you :)

Martin F.

Sorry my incident report is quite late, but there were a few things.

L8 TS705 - @Mark Breslin ran up the back of me. Maybe just missed the brake mark or its possible there was lag? I got minor suspension damage.

L11 TS992 - I was a bit more frustrated by this one. @Mark Breslin had been following closely, we were racing for position (4th). I made a slight mistake which allowed him close and pull out, as we went around the fast left hander I lifted to maintain the inside and leave him room. Mark stayed completely on the power and thus completely left the track. On my replay his car is at least 2 car widths outside the white line. I presumed he would give back the position, he did not. It's possible it was a sync issue and Marks replay tells a very different story. I'd be keen to hear from Mark.

Finally, I won't list all the laps and timestamps, but lapping @Sharjeel was a complete nightmare. At Presto we try and be understanding, relaxed and welcoming but Sharjeel should not have been in that race. I have watched his race in fast forward, he was not prepared and was not safe. We don't require every driver to be super fast, but there has to be a reasonable level of safety and an ability to let faster cars by safely. We have taken to trusting people when they tell us that they are well prepared. I don't want to see anyone banned or sanctioned, we're not into that, but I would like to see Sharjeel post some reasonable times on the practice server before entering the next race.

Sorry Sharjeel, don't like to have to call people out, but if your mentioned in almost everyone's incident report there is a problem.

And to complete my whining and whinging, could I please have some points for this race @April Dillon ? Thanks!

I promise my next post will be positive and nice.

Tim.

Last edited:
@Tim McIver I know that the last race was kind of nightmarish for me. Hungary isnt my forte and probably my troubles and everyone else's were compounded by a flurry of unending corners and sweeping turns. I felt gutted for Mark Breslin and apologised to everyone who had issue with me that race but from what I know about this league everyone has been forthcoming to help and let you develop, without getting aggravated about incidents that happen on track. This isn't the first time I have been on Presto GP which from my prior experience has always been very welcoming but if your rallying cry to burn me at the stakes gathers enough support, I'll withdraw if that pleases you.

Hey @Sharjeel , I've got no interest in burning anyone at the stake and you are quite right about Presto, we definitely want to do whatever we can to help people improve. I do honestly hope you stick with it and we can enjoy many Presto races together in the future.

We've all had incidents on the track that we regret, I just don't think you made your mistakes on the track. You just weren't ready for this race. I don't remember seeing you having logged any times on the practice server (I'm happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong). Watching your first 10 laps or so on the replay I don't think you stayed on track for a whole lap even once. That's not to say you're a bad driver or not good enough for Presto, it just means you clearly didn't know the track well enough to race on it.

There's no way you can let people lap safely if your 5 seconds off the pace and haven't got brake markers. I know I'm sounding way too harsh again, and I know you did apologise to Mark, but there were so so so many more incidents you should be reporting in this thread. It's part of Presto to own your mistakes. In fact, to describe them, tell us what lap they happened on and suggest ways for us to avoid this happening in the future. I've been a bit lax with my incident reports lately, but we should be reporting any incident where we make contact with another car, whoever's fault we think it was.

I sincerely hope you stick with us and we can live on to happily race another day. Just make sure you get on the practice server and do some laps, lots of laps. Find a consistent pace that you can keep to for 70 minutes. See you on the track.

Tim.

@Tim McIver

can't remember exactly but its after i'd made a mistake and dropped back behind you and Mark B, we were coming to the 2nd last turn, you went inside, i tried to stay wide but a wierd jump happened from you and i knew that it had been me touching you even though there was a clear gap, also if you remember last time at hungary you done a disappearing act under the bridge between turn 1 and turn 2, this time it wasnt so much a disappearing act, more just a flash of your car at the exact same spot.

@Sharjeel

Please take what Tim says as advice rather than him getting on at you, I myself had a few problems lapping you, I can attribute that to lack of practise and the nature of the track, I know from past events here and at other places that your a fair driver, we'll put it down to just a blip and bad day at the office :)

Lets all try be a bit more prepared for next race :thumbsup:

EDIT: Sharjeel is correct in that we at Presto are very relaxed and welcoming, we are prepared to tolerate the odd mistakes and bad races, if incidents happen accidentally then nobody will ever be asked to leave or burned at the stake (well except maybe Sean for causing a global fuel crisis, notice fuel prices have dropped since Sean hasnt been racing? coincidence? hmmm), seriously though, we have a gap of 2 weeks between each race this season, please everyone use that time to be safe on track, you dont need to be fast in Presto but our main focus is always safety ;)

Last edited:
Sorry my incident report is quite late, but there were a few things.

L8 TS705 - @Mark Breslin ran up the back of me. Maybe just missed the brake mark or its possible there was lag? I got minor suspension damage.

L11 TS992 - I was a bit more frustrated by this one. @Mark Breslin had been following closely, we were racing for position (4th). I made a slight mistake which allowed him close and pull out, as we went around the fast left hander I lifted to maintain the inside and leave him room. Mark stayed completely on the power and thus completely left the track. On my replay his car is at least 2 car widths outside the white line. I presumed he would give back the position, he did not. It's possible it was a sync issue and Marks replay tells a very different story. I'd be keen to hear from Mark.

Finally, I won't list all the laps and timestamps, but lapping @Sharjeel was a complete nightmare. At Presto we try and be understanding, relaxed and welcoming but Sharjeel should not have been in that race. I have watched his race in fast forward, he was not prepared and was not safe. We don't require every driver to be super fast, but there has to be a reasonable level of safety and an ability to let faster cars by safely. We have taken to trusting people when they tell us that they are well prepared. I don't want to see anyone banned or sanctioned, we're not into that, but I would like to see Sharjeel post some reasonable times on the practice server before entering the next race.

Sorry Sharjeel, don't like to have to call people out, but if your mentioned in almost everyone's incident report there is a problem.

And to complete my whining and whinging, could I please have some points for this race @April Dillon ? Thanks!

I promise my next post will be positive and nice.

Tim.
Sorry its taken so long too reply, had to watch replay to get facts.
Firstly @Tim McIver, apologies for lap 8, I had forgotten about that!!!:unsure: I would love to say it was lag.....but I can't!!:thumbsdown: I did hold back too make sure you recovered, so much so that it allowed Martin Oconner through (until his incident a few corners later).
As for lap 11, I have to concede after watching the replay, you're right. I should have given the position back.
At the time I panicked because from your mistake I thought I would have been in front before the corner, not by the side of you! Not knowing if you realised where I was, I went wide to prevent a possible collision and coasted off/onto the track expecting you to come back past. As you hadn't, I assumed you were ok with it.:whistling: Watching the replay I can now see that you didn't pass because of the slow speed from the tight line you took for the same reason .i.e to avoid a possible collision.
So hands up, my bad.!!!:notworthy: (No assumptions next time!)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%