SEASON 16 RACE 9 - COTA- INCIDENTS REPORT-

Nothing to report in race one, apart from the large desyncs/lag moments. But I think everyone experienced them. There is one thing I need to flag up from race two though.

As I alluded to in my post-race report, there was a bit of a silly move from someone. Didn't lose too much from it, but I felt it still needed addressing. :p I was sizing up the car ahead and aiming to be late on the brakes and make it stick, as I had done before. My move was a calculated risk, the insane mega-lunge on both of us was just not on.

I have a moment through T10 which puts me on the defensive for T11, which allows the car behind a nice DRS assisted slipstream. However he pulls out early and the drag batters his car, meanwhile I'm still in a great tow with DRS. I commit to the lunge into T12, expecting the car behind to fall in behind. He does not. Whether he missed his braking point or tried something too adventurous, who knows. I saw this in my mirrors and instinctively straightened the wheel up to avoid getting T-boned. This does mean I bang into the car ahead and get spun out, annoyingly. Unfortunately contact was inevitable, it was more about cushioning the blow and trying not to get wiped out or wipe out anyone myself.

I forgive you (whoever it was, I forgot :p) just make sure you learn from it, then it isn't a mistake. :)

TL;DR: Don't try to out lunge someone going for a lunge, it will just end badly. :)

That was me, and yes I got over adventures. I did make the corner tho :whistling:.
But honestly, this was way too risky and a classic dive bomb move which is very hard to react too with two other cars in the corner.
I will post my other incidents later.

Edit: forgot to say sorry for my move, so sorry for that. Honestly what are we doing here, sim racing and trying to have a good time doing so and my move was dangerous and could have ruined the race for all three of us hadn't it been for Kyran's evasive action. I did get over adventures there, sorry. Normally I am always too careful this time slightly too aggressive.

Last edited:
Race 1
Slight contact with Martin Bulgin in Lap 1 and Tom in lap 5 (I think) after he lost control over his and went back to the racing line where I was going, but nothing big.
Martin Floeck cut into me in lap 7 before the S curves, I was left of him, with a car width space in-between and my front wing was at level with his back tyres and he clipped me turning into the first corner of the Ses. I managed to avoid a full spin and lost no position so it was not a big deal. Just that my tyres where even worse after that, my wheel started to wobble hard on the long straight :O_o: . But there were only a few laps left so I managed to get to the finish.

Race 2
Lap 3 I think, as already mentioned by Kyran I tried to smuggle myself by on the inside by easing off the brake slightly earlier to gain the position, however I blocked the exit of the corner and Kyran did not commit to the corner because I was on the inside and Martin, who could not know I was there crashed into him.

I pitted in Lap 14 together with Valerio, we exited the pit really close, I was behind him and bumped into his back as I misjudged the cold tyres and was keeping an look out for Nicolas who was just coming up T1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back