SEASON 16 RACE 8 -SUZUKA-RACE REPORTS

Q: P9. Was good enough for me, I could have been little faster but well. I was happy with P9 as I struggled real hard in practice to get a decent time.

Race 1:
Was lucky not to hit anyone in the start crash, but spun out as my left rear tire was on the green paint when I accelerated out of T1. Ended up P10 after that.

I had a better exit in turn 14 in lap 3 and had a go at Valerio. It could have been a big crash as he had to go wide and I lost traction through the corner 15 because I went of the throttle because I wanted to leave space in case Valerio was still next to me. Valerio was clever enough to go wide to avoid such a mistake that I made. :) I was then able to overtake him on the straight finish line.
(Link to Video of it)

In lap 5 Francisco Valle spun out in corner 13, so I was down to p8. I had to take evasive action to avoid not crashing into him, so Valerio was suddenly right behindme again, I managed to pull a gap again however.

Lap 9 Anton Valle spun out in the Hairpin Corner 11. Little blocking occurred when he returned to track, I don't know if he wanted to make room or did not see me because he went right into my way. Had to brake to not crash into him. But after all no biggie.

Race 2:

Started on P6 and was in P4 after the first two corners, Tom took the corner 13 too fast and had to go wide so I was down to P3.
Lap 3 I went past Cosmio on the Start Finish straight, so P2...felt like this was going really good, as in all races before I had either spun out already or someone knocked me off the track :p
In Lap 7 I closed up to April Dillon and also Artyom passed me in the last chicane. I did not give it much fighting, as my left front tire was already looking out of shape and I know he is much faster anyway.
Lap 8 Nicolas Rouge tried to pass me on the outside of the hairpin but he went little wide.
I had a bad exit out of the last chicane onto the straight and Bulgin and Decker passed me. Bulgin had to go wide in the first corner so I passed him again. P4 still...
Lap 9, little too much gas out of the hairpin, almost took a spin into the barrier and Bulgin and Nicolas went past me.
I pitted in lap 14 in Position 6 and left the pit in P8. By Lap 21, due to others pitting I was in P5 and that's where I finished.

Overall I am very pleased with the results. I expected to be much further back because, as mentioned already I really struggled to get to a decent pace on this track. However during the practice before the race I managed to get a good feel for the track and it all worked out well. In both races I managed to gain one position.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
qualifying - 2nd :)

thought i had it at the end only for peter to pop up with a super fast time, grats peter :)

race 1 - 3rd :)

started well enough but into turn 1 touched the kerb and it sent me into a tank slapper, managed to hold the car and stayed in 3rd just in front of nicolas rouge, had a good battle with nic and eventually managed to get past and hang onto 3rd until the end.
race 2 - 9th :(

well... not gonna say too much about this terrible race from me, everything that couldve went wrong, did. i caused incidents, was involved in more incidents and spun out so many times i forgot half of them (so i made a vid :) )
probably my worst attempt at racing in a few years, cant remember ever being so bad since weve moved to rf2, that is all due to hardly any practise which hopefully wont happen again.
grats to peter and artyom on the race wins, grats nic rouge for the great pace in both races, grats all finishers and see you all at cota :)

Race 1 : 4th

Race 2 : 3rd :)

My best race results so far, happy with the podium in race 2 and nice battles with @April Dillon @Peter Decker and @Artyom Aslamazyan and some others. I had a great setup I think, with even tire wear (almost the same rear & front), and very consistent and safe, and fast in straight. In race 2 I though about pitting before the end, but that probably would've cost me more time than not pitting.

CU at COTA!

Race1 i was hoping in something better anyhow good meeting with Martin B., Johannes, April and Vlad in last laps. Was fun everytime at 130R have someone so close and brake at end of the days at Casio chicane because inside the brain a tiny voice say ...hold the position hold position brake late brake late......... :D

Race2 ugly start lag at T1 :O_o: with Vlad not so fun like race1 a bit alone along the race and after first laps always or too ahead or too back for some fight, just a meet with Anton.
Along race1 I had seen that I was slow as maximum speed "ergo" have to work on wings but I do not want to risk to find a different machine in race2 im a eats tires:) (this is the statement for the press in truth I have forgotten:roflmao:).

Congratulations at finishers:thumbsup:
see you at next

PS.This is exactly what I meant David:geek: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%