SEASON 16 RACE 2 -SILVERSTONE- INCIDENTS REPORT-

I have 3 incidents to report.. Nothing too serious, luckily :)

Race 1, first lap, was hit from behind in T4 by Steve Combey. Someone in front of me almost lost control of his car so I braked just a little earlier than usual. Racing incident.

Race 2, in the middle of the race, contact with Jordan Nelson in T3. My fault. I catched him and braked too late. I gave him a push, gentle but enough to send him out of the racing line. Sorry.

Race 2, in the middle of the race, contact with Ari Antero in T4. Probably my fault, I overtook him by diving to the inside. At least it was wheel-to-wheel and in slow speed when we made contact, so it wasn't that bad.

Race 1 - Incident with Heiko

on lap 10? while closely following Heiko and Georg through s1, they both had an incident at T3, Georg was turned around and I managed to avoid, but Heiko seemed to slow right in front of me, I was unsure wether he was waiting for Georg or not so I went to the inside of T4, I think we had a small touch at T4 and Heiko started to spin which took him in front of my car, I didnt know what to do so just kept going. Will check the replay and make a small vid on this.

Race 2 - Various

small touches and wheel bangs throughout the first half of the race, mainly caused by bunching up under braking and being hard to follow closely with the dirty air. I had one pass where I had to pull off track as it looked like the person I was passing was turning into me, this ment I may have been off track while making the pass.

EDIT: to add video

Last edited:
R1:
Lap 1 S3, i lost the racing line so i went out the track trying not hit anybody. when I came back to track i hit Peter Derek. sorry, but i cant avoid you.
https://goo.gl/photos/myUTnPrg5LyyUJbv9

R2:
Lap 13 S3 i have a touch with Ari Antero trying to overtake him. I think this time is not my fault... At this point the position was mine so the racing line too. Ari used all the track and didnt let me enough space.
https://goo.gl/photos/YfZanbZ83NNrTLo49
https://goo.gl/photos/segsmi2BH3QrSeae6

P.D.
I´ll post better videos one I learn how to do it...

I had a real problem judging the distance of cars behind me. I think the FOV was wrong for my virtual mirrors. Lots of times it would look like a car was 2-3 car lengths behind me when actually we were still side by side. It caused me to run April off the track on one of the practice starts and meant I couldn't confidently defend my position. Will have to try and figure that one out.

R1:
Lap 1 Turn 1. I got shunted from behind into the first corner. Not too sure who it was but it was a red car. I am happy to but that down as a racing incident though.

R1:
Lap 1 S3, i lost the racing line so i went out the track trying not hit anybody. when I came back to track i hit Peter Derek. sorry, but i cant avoid you.
https://goo.gl/photos/myUTnPrg5LyyUJbv9

R2:
Lap 13 S3 i have a touch with Ari Antero trying to overtake him. I think this time is not my fault... At this point the position was mine so the racing line too. Ari used all the track and didnt let me enough space.
https://goo.gl/photos/YfZanbZ83NNrTLo49
https://goo.gl/photos/segsmi2BH3QrSeae6

P.D.
I´ll post better videos one I learn how to do it...

Did you flollow this rule corner before to get the position to overtake me?

"Cutting
We at Presto are fairly strict when it comes to cutting and running wide to gain laptime, we understand the occasional mistake will happen and if it gain's you any time a slight lift is all thats needed to give the time back, Our rule's are 2 wheel's within the white line's at all time's if there are no white lines then the outer edge of the curb is the track limit."

ok, you are right. i won some speed going a bit wide at the exit of the corner before, but on previous laps i was a bit faster than you. I tried to overtake you several times, and you defended position in a very aggressive way. In Silverstone is very hard to overtake, and this time i achieved your side at the brake point, so i expected from you a bit of space to avoid collision.
Maybe I won time cutting the prev turn, but this not allows you to close me the door on this way.

Did you flollow this rule corner before to get the position to overtake me?

"Cutting
We at Presto are fairly strict when it comes to cutting and running wide to gain laptime, we understand the occasional mistake will happen and if it gain's you any time a slight lift is all thats needed to give the time back, Our rule's are 2 wheel's within the white line's at all time's if there are no white lines then the outer edge of the curb is the track limit."

ok, you are right. i won some speed going a bit wide at the exit of the corner before, but on previous laps i was a bit faster than you. I tried to overtake you several times, and you defended position in a very aggressive way. In Silverstone is very hard to overtake, and this time i achieved your side at the brake point, so i expected from you a bit of space to avoid collision.
Maybe I won time cutting the prev turn, but this not allows you to close me the door on this way.

I looked replay from beginning. Before incident in lap 13 you are never in any position to overtake me. I don`t see that I defended my potion in any time. When you are not following rules you should not claim others if the don`t. Right?

I had a real problem judging the distance of cars behind me. I think the FOV was wrong for my virtual mirrors. Lots of times it would look like a car was 2-3 car lengths behind me when actually we were still side by side. It caused me to run April off the track on one of the practice starts and meant I couldn't confidently defend my position. Will have to try and figure that one out.

One thing I like to do to remedy this is to run with the car visible in the mirrors. Having the rear wing and wheels in the mirrors is a great reference point for how close others are, but sadly this changed a few months ago in rF2 and I'm not entirely sure how it works anymore.

I may see if I can contact someone from ISI about this, or just see if someone on their forum knows how it works now. Because I'm missing the depth perception in the mirrors that gives, and maybe it'd help you too.

@Anton Valle Gonzalez @Ari Antero There's two incidents here; one track extending, and one contact during an overtake. You'll probably be able to work this out easier if you keep them separated.

Rules are rules, and it is important that we keep things fair all the time. But one infraction doesn't mean the rules suddenly stop applying.

We talk about these things together, work out what happened, make sure we walk away from incidents smarter than when we end up in them. I won't weigh in on this just yet, I want to give you guys more time to sort this out, but I do want to make sure you're both on the right track to figuring this out.

@Anton Valle Gonzalez @Ari Antero There's two incidents here; one track extending, and one contact during an overtake. You'll probably be able to work this out easier if you keep them separated.

Rules are rules, and it is important that we keep things fair all the time. But one infraction doesn't mean the rules suddenly stop applying.

We talk about these things together, work out what happened, make sure we walk away from incidents smarter than when we end up in them. I won't weigh in on this just yet, I want to give you guys more time to sort this out, but I do want to make sure you're both on the right track to figuring this out.

I´m complete agree with you. There was two separated incidents.
first off all, I want to say that I reported incidents because is mandatory, like i read in rules.
My intention was not to hurt anyone. I know Ari Antero from races in other public servers, and I know he is a fair, fast and clean driver. i have nothing wrong to say about him.
I admit that I won time extending the track limits, it was a wrong move from myself. I´ll try don´t do it again in future.
hope you can understand me correctly, because is difficult to me write in english.

R1 L1 T4. As Rikard mentioned, I went in the back of him, sorry Rikard mate. I thought I spun him out but thankfully he saved it and lost a position, and stayed ahead of me. I was glad you didn't spin.
R1 L1 T6. Collision with Anton Valle.
R1 L1 Esses. 'Collision Royale!' Complete with back flips, with a stationary Peter Decker. Uh! Can't be helped! Back down to 18th.

R2 L9 Copse. Serious collision with Heiko. It maybe that I am due some serious blame here, or maybe not. If these incidents get reviewed by Presto I would be interested to hear what the verdict is, purely for future reference, not because I have any hard feelings about it. It was most likely a race ending situation for us both, as it turns out I got very lucky and went into a big drift, shredded the tyres up, lost a few seconds but kept running. Heiko was not so lucky and was in the wall and lost his nose cone.

The way I feel about this is, I was in front, copse is flat out, but copse is not a corner where two cars can take it flat out and side by side. I knew Heiko was there, I definitely knew I was in front and I was, I knew one of us was going to have to lift, and I didn't feel it should be me. I give it careful consideration, it was a tough decision but I decided to turn in and take my line, I gambled Heiko was going to lift, that didn't happen and we have serious collision. The nature of the corner was key in my thinking. I felt I was in front, but in that corner if I give space then I automatically lose the position despite being ahead. If it was an different and easier corner I would have given the space, certainly.

I often think of things the other way around, maybe I am wrong but I think if I was the chasing car, I am thinking I have got down the inside, but not enough, and it's copse - you can't get the square through the round hole if you know what I mean, personally I am thinking if I don't lift at that point I am going to lose the front end of my car. That's my thinking, but I am not claiming for sure that I was correct, however it gets judged by Presto will settle it correctly for me.

I had a very similar scenario in same race with Valerio Vinessa actually, again Valerio down inside, but that time Valeria was 100% alongside, we was totally level, and we both lifted, Valerio lifted on entry, I lifted and went wide and give space, we both lost speed to do that and there was no contact as a result.

Well, it was a serious incident, I know Heiko and raced him many times he is a great driver and I was absolutely not happy to see him go in the wall. If I am judged to be at fault I will take it on the chin! I hope no hard feelings.

Last edited:
Incident with @Juan Palacios
Completely my fault I just approached to fast and got to close into t4 and touch rear left making him spin, really sorry Juan:( I was thinking of waiting and I think Alex Woitala was right on my rear also felt like he was waiting as well, so I decided to drive didn't want to cause blockade at that turn.

Couple small tire bumping i think other than that rest good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back