SEASON 16 RACE 10 - INTERLAGOS- RACE REPORTS-

Q: last rows but i did my pb:)
Race1: nice battle with Francisco and Vlad in final part of sprint race and I was defending my 9th position but in last laps no more front tires and lost my place:( but was fun battles.
Race2: a mistake in lap 1 so until pit a bit alone but in second part of race i meet Tom we have engaged a nice fight until end sometime a bit hard but with many fairplay.

Congratulations Artyom the Champ;)
Congratulations at us for this championship and hurray PrestoGP:thumbsup:
a big THANKS to David and Peter for the organization the server the time etc...;)

stay tuned on forum and see you on server for some nice speed event just for fill the time from here to the next season:D

Qualifying - 3rd :)

Was expecting an exciting Qualifying session and turned out to be just that, some great times from everyone, grats Martin on the pole :)

Race 1 - 2nd :)

Started well enough and held onto the leaders, with them fighting up ahead I knew I'd get a chance at some point, It eventually came into turn 1 where I got a run on both due to slipstream and DRS, this is where the incident with Martin occured :( a shame because it was really looking to be some good racing in those last few laps. After the inccident I managed to hold onto 2nd till the end, grats Kyran on the win :)

Race 2 - 1st :)

Knew I had to win this one to keep the pressure on Artyom who had a good result in race 1 so my main chance was for him to either DNF or come lower than 10th which realistically wasn't going to happen so I just got on with what I had to do.

Race started and I managed to pass lots of cars and at the end of lap 1 was fighting for the podium places, by lap 3 I was in the lead and held it until I pitted on lap 14, Kyran stayed out and I knew I'd need to pass him and Troy at some stage to take this win. I got by Troy within a few laps but Kyran was still bit away at this point, I kept pushing on and finally caught him on the very last lap and passed into turn 4, it was a big relief but looking at the times and seeing Artyom in 4th I knew it was all for nothing, regardless I enjoyed the race and win :)

Big congratulations to Artyom for the Championship win, its very deserved :) You've been a consistant challenger for the last 3-4 seasons and I look forward to more battles with you in future :)

grats all finishers and for all who kept turning up, even with numbers lowering towards the end as always we still managed to have some great races, I'm happy with all the improvement shown by the newcomers and hope you all stick with us for the fun races and whatever Season 17 holds :) We will be back!

Race 1
Started from p9. Gained one position and managed to overtake Tom at the end of the first lap. So down to p7. Tom tried to attack back at Turn 6 lost control when he backed out, he hit me on the inside back of the car and we spun out.
I skidded sideways through half the turn and made a almost a complete 360 spin when April hit the front of my car (luckily her car did not seem to have taken damage)
But yea, after that I was dead last and my tyres were massive messed up. On the long straight I had to hold my wheel hard for the car not to spin out by itself.
I managed to take P12 from Tom however as the race continued the flat spots and slipperiness got worse and worse. Had a small mistake in Turn 10 and Tom overtook me and that was it for me on lap 8.
Kept on fighting and took the position back one lap later, but the struggle was hard. I lost so much time in the middle sector as my tyres kept overheating and where already down to 40% wear on the left side.
On lap 13 I spun out then in the last corner and went off into the grass to find my self far behind.

Race 2
Started on p4. Had a very bad start and lost two positions and was even down to P9 by lap 3. After two spin outs in front of me I was down to P7 by lap 11.
I entered the pits on lap 15. My pit limiter button decided not to work so I was confused and overshot my parking spot. Left the pit in P10. After everyone in front of me pitted I was down to P6. Valle Gonza overtook me in lap 20.
My concentration was fading already and my mind was drifting off.... So next lap I spun twice and was back to P9....Someone spun out and I ended up in P8.

Not a very good last race for me, I did not have much time to practice the track and had difficulties concentrating through the last race.
Anyway, was great fun and thanks for the organization!

Last edited:
Qualifying: P2 :confused:
Crazy close session, couldn't quite hook up a lap as good as I did in practice so I had to settle for second.

Sprint: P1 :thumbsup:
I managed to avoid the dreaded 'Webber' start, allowing me enough of a slipstream from Martin to protect my position from David into T4. Once it had settled down we all starting running away from the rest of the field in a tight group. It took a slide from Martin for me to get right on him, using DRS down the pit straight I took the lead into T1. I realized quickly that I'd managed to pull a five second gap to both of them by T4, which didn't quite add up. Seeing the incident now it's clear what happened. :p From then on I just pumped in low 18s with no real pressure from behind to take win number two! :cool:

(I'm sure I clouted someone while I was failing at donuts post-race, I know they joined in but I do apologize! :x3:)

Feature: P2 :cry::confused::x3:
So. Damn. Close.

With David making exceptional progress through the field compared to me, once the order shook out a little I knew I had to try something different. I closed up to Troy on several occasions, but never had a good enough launch to make a move. A quick glance at the condition of my tyres and the laps remaining allowed me to hatch a cunning plan. 'I don't *need* to pass Troy right now, if he's able to stay ahead then the pace must be good.' So I decided to do what I'd never done in one of these races before, but that others had done to great success: No stop strategy engaged. :sneaky:

David pitted, win condition number one. ☑
Next I waited for Troy to pit, surely he must pit soon... right? Wrong. With the halfway point long gone, I knew he was taking the tyres all the way. With David now back up to third and fast approaching, I knew I had to get past and build a gap if I wanted to win. Which is exactly what I did, though it was unbelievably difficult and utterly incredible racing.

QQNhiou.png

I got an excellent run down into T1 and made it stick. Troy got a nice exit coming off of T3 and armed with DRS fought back into T4, ever so slightly outbraking himself which allowed me to get an unreal launch and go for the cutback. Side by side up the hill, it was a battle of sheer will. Who would blink first? Honestly I think neither of us did, but around the outside of T6 is probably the sweetest move I've made in a while.

Win condition two, overtake Troy. ☑

The tyres were screaming at this point. Good to make the end comfortably, but I could feel the drop-off coming. David made short work of Troy with the fresher tyres and soon started chasing me down. I held my ground for what felt like a lifetime, staring at the gap of 1.7 seconds and wondering how on earth I was maintaining it. At this point with two to go I genuinely believed I could win, but with one lap to go the tyres really gave in. A scrappy lap allowed David into the DRS range and despite holding him off into T1, it was pretty dead set that I'd lose the lead into T4. I tried to hold the outside but the superior traction was too much. Well driven, David. An excellent win. :thumbsup:

CX7Xk2c.png

This season was awesome. I have to thank @April Dillon for dragging me over here, I never would've given this car a second chance otherwise. I'm glad I did. :x3: Remember that when I return for Season 17 and start being annoyingly fast again, that it's her fault. She did this and you should direct all your blame on to her.

Massive thanks to @David Turnbull and @Peter Decker for keeping things running smoothly. I hope the latter of you appears on track more often, I lament not racing you properly this season.

Oh, and third in the championship? Bwoah. Amazing. :cool: Congrats as well to @Artyom Aslamazyan on a well deserved championship! See you all next time.

My debut event in the long-standing Presto GP championship. :) It was a little bit tricky to hop into a formula championship at the finale seeing as everyone has more experience with the car and they know how the events/races go. So this was a big unknown but it was massively fun and I'm pretty happy with the result (bar my spin during the sprint race). I will most likely be back for a full-time seat in Season 17. :thumbsup:

Sprint race: The closest finishing gap I've had in over a year (or 2?).

Feature race: 2 excellent battles. First with April and then an on-the-edge fight with Kyran for the lead!

I had a fantastic debut experience with Presto GP. I really enjoyed the racing, the pace is fast, and the fighting is clean. Thanks to all of the organizers!!

So... I do these quick-cut style highlight videos of my races, here's the one from yesterdays event, enjoy! ;)

Quali
I ended up P7, i was happy with my lap buy i was hugely surprised with the amount of pace the front runners had. In practice i was only 1,6 seconds off the top time and i didnt expect the pace diffirence to be so massive.
Race 1
I made an alright start, managed to just follow along. On lap 2 i braked rather early for turn 1 wich caused 2 cars to go down my inside wich completely caught me off guard. First one was Johannes, April Dillon was also there but i failed to recognize her in time and turned in on her wich made her lose an adittional position. Sorry!
Later on that lap i was trying to take back the position from johannes but i tried an overtaking move in a corner that a move really wasn't possible.I should have backed out earlier but instead i bumped into him causing both of us to spin. His tyres were absolutely finished but mine were still ok, he rejoined ahead of me and we had some good battles wich then ended in him spinning off the track on his own.
Sorry to April Dillon and Johannes melichar! indicent report will follow.
Race 2
I made about an average start but johannes in front of me completely seemed to have missed it, so i gained a position. In the middle sector however the 2 cars in front of me collided resulting in a spin. So i had to hit the brakes to avoid contact. Wich is when david and troy decided to take advantage and get past, i was caught completely off guard and i think we can be lucky i didn't cause an accident.
Then it wasmainly defending from the faster guys that started behind me. I was quite happy that i had the pace to atleast put up a fight with guys like arytom and kyran.
On lap 14 though, disaster struck. on the exit of t4 i ran wide and lost control, and lost my front wing. I limped back to the pits. Luckily it was right in the middle of the race distance so it ment that i got new tyres pretty much at the ideal point.
Pitting with me, was valerio and i exited the pit lane right behind him and we had some great battles throughout the rest of the race. We were fighting for the second to last place, so no one was behind us. I had some slight hopes of catching cars in front but that pretty much ended when i bumped into the back of valerio in t4. We both span, i ofcourse let him past again. But all chances of catching cars were blown. I did it again later on, I don't wanna say that it was his fault ofcourse, but he seemed to be suite slow through that corner.

After all, this might have been one of my best races, because i finished both races and had great battles in them. This season has been quite the learning experience for me. After the disasters in germany i did lots and lots of practice wich helped me know the track better, i made the mistake a few times to onlt really do short runs, wich ended up in quite a few indicents. but the last few races i feel like i've been quite a bit faster than before. It's just that i still have a few offs in most races.
Anyway, thanks for providing some very competitive races this season, it definetely played a huge part in providing the experience i have today and i'll most likely be back for next season if nothing comes up.

Q: P1 ... I was quite happy .. it was so close ... very thrilling for me :)

R1: Great start with leading some laps, but then Kyran took my P1 ... I did too many small mistakes.
While battling for P1 I had an accident with David (sry again David) :(
Then I was sandwiched between David and Troy on P3 for some laps :thumbsup:
Finally David and I crossed side by side the finish :)

R2: Good start ... I come to P4 (I think) ... :)
But then I made a mistake ... spoon and lost the front wing.
At the box entry I was too fast without the front wing ... so I lost the FR wheel.
Trusting that the mechanics solve these problems I go further and pit :geek:
But they did`nt noticed I have only 3 wheels ... fully flabbergasted I canceled at the end of pit lane :D

Grats to podiums :thumbsup:

Grats to our new champ: Artyom :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It was also great to see the rookies become better an better over the season :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers of theses great events :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cyas
Martin

My debut event in the long-standing Presto GP championship. :) It was a little bit tricky to hop into a formula championship at the finale seeing as everyone has more experience with the car and they know how the events/races go. So this was a big unknown but it was massively fun and I'm pretty happy with the result (bar my spin during the sprint race). I will most likely be back for a full-time seat in Season 17. :thumbsup:

Sprint race: The closest finishing gap I've had in over a year (or 2?).

Feature race: 2 excellent battles. First with April and then an on-the-edge fight with Kyran for the lead!

I had a fantastic debut experience with Presto GP. I really enjoyed the racing, the pace is fast, and the fighting is clean. Thanks to all of the organizers!!

So... I do these quick-cut style highlight videos of my races, here's the one from yesterdays event, enjoy! ;)

Nice video and great driving!
I would not be able to drive at all with the FOV you are using :confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back