SEASON 15 RACE 9 -SPA-INCIDENTS REPORT

Slight tap to @Peter Decker at T1, sorry! (No harm done.....I believe?):whistling:

Big apologies to @April Dillon on last lap as she had gained 1 sec a lap on me with my completely shot tyres (didn't pit). After going side by side during the previous corners, in my mirrors I thought you were further away. While breaking on the limit of my grip I took a shallow line and thought it would hold you back until the straights coming up, at least!!
WRONG!!:thumbsdown: After watching replay, it was bad driving on my part. If I was to defend I should have done it earlier, OR arriving at the corner I should have stayed out on the outside of the corner......my bad!:notworthy:

incidents me and Tim lap22.
for me Tim was ahead a bit of meters then I jump on air then Tim is back me of meters:O_o: all is happened in about 1,5sec. maybe lag
Im sorry Tim I saw the replay and only in replay I saw the hurt. Along the race I dont see nohting I feel only the hurt i imagine some incident but I see you back on me so I continued the race,in quali is happened a strange thing also at Raidillon I take a invisible object and jump on air I see the replay but under my car nothing.Anyhow Tim I must give you a free overtake I can in next season if you like?:D

snap-1.JPG
snap-2.JPG
snap-3.JPG
snap-4.JPG
snap-5.JPG

I should be apologising Vale, you got caught up in my 1 freeze per race. From my perspective it was also about 1.5 seconds of me lagging then reappearing in contact with you. No driving error from either of us, but I should have tried a couple of things David suggested to fix the problem. I'll get onto it before next season.

I had one other incident which resulted in the loss of my front wing and front right. It was very much due to Vales dirty air through Eau Rouge, I should have expected the dirty air would be right behind his car.

Two incidents. One which @Mark Breslin already mentioned, no hard feelings there. :)

The other was with @Nicolas Rouge. I don't feel like I did anything wrong, and I've not heard anything from him which I guess means he doesn't either. :p So, outside opinions please? :)

I think this is a racing incident. IMO the only way to avoid a contact at eau rouge is to either concede the spot or to go really off track. I saw this incident live fomr Nicolas's car and i was like.... oh **** this will be trouble.... Indeed :confused: I have to say that from his view he was aiming much more left than the normal racing line then i thought... it might pass... :( I was wrong. I see in your video that you try to stay as much possible on the inside, but at this speed its impossible to keep a tight line there. As your car was a little bit ahead, its hard to blame you. But on the other hand, I'm sur Nicolas couldn't see you from his cockpit and didn't know you were a tad ahead.... So i'll call it racing incident for these reasons. Hope you agree with me... cheers! ;)

Racing incident ? Come on !!

The guy already drove half his car on the grass even on the downhill to Eau Rouge, pulled his car completely off the track (over the white line and full on the kerb) just before Eau Rouge, and violently turn his machine on April who is on the racing line ?

And it's a racing incident ?

You've lost the common sense, Maldonado's dirtiest moves are nothing compared to this one...

And just like it wasn't enough he didn't even let April to get back to her position...bullshit !

Anyway, like I've said many months before, that Spa version is just ****, Eau Rouge is so bumpy...
Don't stick with it for the future guys, it's not serious.

well thanks for that :O_o:

If you don't agree with Steeve thats fair enough but don't come back here and start calling people's input bullsh*t, Steeve is first to give his impressions of what happened now lets let Nic have his turn before we start calling anyone " worse than Maldonado", and by the way have you even tried FSR Spa? well if you had you'd have noticed that Eau Rouge has been fixed and isn't bumpy anymore.

but like I said, thanks for that ;)

Ok, my bad, it's FSR version !! One more reason to have a better control of the car through it.There is no need to test it for me, I know it's a better version !
And sorry but this is a dirty move, nothing more, nothing less ! Whatever I was not here for several weeks, my judgment ability is 100% clean.

You do what you want in PrestoGP, after all (like find I'm funny while I'm just telling the truth...).

It is not a comeback, just a message.

You obviously don't get the Presto way to settle incident's, Nicolas hasn't even had a chance to reply to the incident to give his thoughts, and theres no rush as its that time of year when folk can't be expected to be checking the forum, he will get to it, he always has and always will, Nicolas has always been an upstanding member of Presto and I expect he will post an explanation and apology when the time come, I'd be gratefull if you didn't reply to our incident reports unless your participating, as you say we do what we like in Presto so your input at the minute isn't needed :thumbsup:

To me it looks a ambitious move from Nico, to get side by side would be difficult but I would also say amazing for both if it worked :thumbsup:.

I think he goes wide at the bottom as he is attempting to take a wider line through eau rouge. Like I said ambitious, should have waited and probably best way to avoid would have been to wait until the straight :thumbsup:.

Nico is indeed no way like Maldonado he doesn't drive like Maldonado, Nicolas gets his drive here on talent alone :whistling:.

So, outside opinions please? :)

I'm of two minds on this one. First of all, let me say that I watched the replay from the cockpit view of both drivers. I don't find overhead views particularly helpful because neither driver is experiencing that view.

On the one hand, Nicolas cut the entry to the corner so any overtake would have been illegitimate in my view. He should have lifted off and let April have the corner. He left enough space to his right for April but not that much space. Cutting it very close, but I think he should have abandoned the overtake anyway.

On the other hand I think April would have been wise to keep a tighter line through Eau Rouge. Using more of the corner than you need to in that situation is asking for trouble.

On the whole I'd have to say a racing incident. Nicolas probably a little more to blame than April but neither handled the situation perfectly so just forget about it and move on I'd say.

I'm of two minds on this one. First of all, let me say that I watched the replay from the cockpit view of both drivers. I don't find overhead views particularly helpful because neither driver is experiencing that view.

On the one hand, Nicolas cut the entry to the corner so any overtake would have been illegitimate in my view. He should have lifted off and let April have the corner. He left enough space to his right for April but not that much space. Cutting it very close, but I think he should have abandoned the overtake anyway.

On the other hand I think April would have been wise to keep a tighter line through Eau Rouge. Using more of the corner than you need to in that situation is asking for trouble.

On the whole I'd have to say a racing incident. Nicolas probably a little more to blame than April but neither handled the situation perfectly so just forget about it and move on I'd say.
I agree 100% what you say :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 393 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 263 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 253 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years