SEASON 15 RACE 7 -INTERLAGOS- RACE REPORTS

Very good quali. Found a couple of tenths at the last minute by switching Dino's setup. Thanks to him. Managed second just behind Dino. 1:13.643, three tenths off pole.

Thank god for all those practice starts and whoever pointed out the launch control on this car. I had a great start and led for the first 7 laps but then I cocked it up at the last corner of lap 8 and I blocked the road for Turnbull which relegated him down one position and me three. Sorry to him for that. My tires didn't suffer too badly from that but David's did and I managed to catch and pass near the end of the first stint. The second stint was pretty uneventful. Just trying to bring down the gap to Artyom but the gap didn't change very much by the end and I finished in third, 8 seconds behind Artyom ahead.

Well done Dino and Artyom and thanks to the organizers for a great race.

Last edited:
in quali i did my pb and I'm happy for this but the race is another story, at start of race for about 10 laps I have a good feeling with Mark, April, Nicolas, and Phil with good pressure from Martin overtake, wheel to wheel really fun but for tyres no:D. I strained until lap 14 FL 28% and I did first pit then other 2 :sick:. I had a good feeling with car but cost me much in tyres.

Congratulations Dino Artyom David and all us:thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was so much fun.
Qualified P7 and after T3 managed to be in P5.
I was still P5 after 37 laps but soooo much had happened.

Tim McIver launched a strong attack but I managed to defend.
I had 32% on FL when I stopped at lap 23.
After the stops it was Sean who was on the attack. I had to go defensive a few times and his great attack into T4 resulted in the best side by side action I have ever had or seen in RF2.

The story of "the battle"
After a couple of attacks that I was able to repulse Sean got good run out of T3 and I went to the middle to inside of the track, offering only the outside. Sean went for it big time and made it work. He got past me under brakes and I had no choice but to leave room.
However he ran ever so slightly wide and I was able to get side by side in the run up to Ferradura (T6).
We both competed through the turn, neither wanting to pay the heavy cost of dirty air, and into the braking zone for T7. Leaving room we managed side by side. Exit of T7 I had the inside and was able to get a good exit and at the entry to T9 had track position. It was a five corner battle!!

Lap 37 I made a slight error and the oversteer took me off the track. stalled engine-game over.

Till that point it was a great race for me. pushing the lamborghini engined Minardi, looking after tyres.
Happy to be about 40 sec from the lead after 37 laps and racing in such a good group of drivers.
Thanks all!!

That must have been the best, most exciting, most action packed race of the entire season! That was awesome!

Most of the race was spent challenging @Tim McIver and @Sean Greenlaw. One clumsy accident and pitting for tires 1-2 laps late were ultimately my downfall. But that's why there's always a next time, right? :D

A great one to come back to after sitting out at Imola. Thank you everyone who showed up to make it a spectacular race!

Qualifying - 4th :)

PB when it mattered, good enough for 4th on a track I've been slow at since we started with ASR.

Race - 4th

Happy to stay in 4th for the race, could've been a bit better as my pace seemed to be there or abouts with the leaders, the small incident with David ment I had to pit a bit earlier than I'd planned which meant the 2nd stint would be a long hard one (no funny comments) and it proved to be, tyres were shot in the end but happy to finish 4th after DNF last time out at Imola.

Grats Dino, Artyom and David C, and grats all finishers ;)

p.s So happy to see a good turn out it makes everything worthwhile and the racing is much more exciting, hopefully we can keep that up :)

As a newby, it seems that a race report is part of this league protocol.
Having never sat in one of these cars until the day before this race it was nice to have setup. The concept of safety, consistency and fun is appealing.

Started last, which I think was a good idea. I wasn't going to race as it was my first with you guys, thanks for the encouragement to have a go regardless. Your test starts were entertaining to watch from the back!

Went too long before changing tire's so I had a spin on each set. The 2nd one stalled the engine. I tried to time the stops so you guys wouldn't have to get around me. I should have reviewed the allowed AIDS as I believe that auto clutch probably would have helped in a strange car. Been racing cars lately that have starters, so forgot these wouldn't.

Will keep a watch for the future, as your concept has appeal.

Cheers

Stephen

Last edited:
Q: 6th

R: 8th and out of fuel just made it lol

Made a poor start and lost couple places I think, then on though was some good racing. Mostly with Tim April and then David which was quite nice battle like David said :thumbsup:.

I think I was a little slow in straight line but made for some good racing making the pass extra hard next time don't spin out please :laugh:

Grats Dino Artyom and David C(DC) :thumbsup:

Thanks Presto David T and everyone for turning up more people = more fun :notworthy:
cya's next race :cool:

Q: One very nice attempt on the last lap, seems to work out often this way this season :)

R: I wasn't really sure if the lower downforce version was that smart here over the distance, as I remember from the testrace how incredibly annoying it was with dirty air and how difficult it became at the end of the stints.

Start was not so great, with the car rolling backwards before starting uphill it was not that unusual though. Had to slot in p2, before I drove to close to David into t3. With this corner beeing especially annoying with no downforce I lifted too much and David T. slipped through as well.

I was content with driving around in p3 until the meeting of the Davids, which led me and Artyom right through the middle of the incident.

The rest of a race was kind of a deja vue with having Artyom right behind me trying to find enough gap to finish the race in front.
I managed to get a bit of gap before the pitstop, but I more then lost it with a too cautious pit-entry.
What saved me was Artyom closing on some cars which had not stopped yet :D

In the end it all worked out :)
Grats for the finishers and for the better turnout on the grid and hooray for my second Presto GP title :whistling:

I'm not sure we are crowning a champion just yet are we?

Theres 2 races to go, Dino is 61 points ahead of Artyom and its 50 points for a win (worst results calculated) even without worst result the points are still within 100 with 2 races to go, it may be unlikely but stranger things have happened, remember last seasons first 2 races Dino :D

are we being a bit quick here guys? Artyom still has an outside chance

EDIT: maybe not if a dnf then becomes worst result? someone work this out coz im useless at maths :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years