SEASON 15 RACE 1 - HUNGARORING-RACE REPORTS

Q; Last, didn't expect much more tbh
R1: Brakes failed (40% ducts, 55.5% bias)
R2: Brakes failed again (10% duscts, 55.5% bias)

Thanks for posting this on discord @jego
Even tho result were **** I had really fun, tight and clean racing :D
First time I've given this car a proper go and wow, I'm sold!

Anyone got tips on how to make the brakes last? They failed both time with only a few laps to go.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123974811?t=02h42m09s

Nice evening event, big fun in both races:thumbsup:
Im started with a problem in paddle for lift gears think microswitch is gone, no time for training a new button so along the race randomly I lift for put 3th gear and go in 4th like happened at start race2 im glued on grid at green no gear or better 3th gear, anyhow 2 nice race great and very long fight with @Martin Vindis was really nice battle until him lost the brake we was in last laps so I see him fault the chicane i pass and waited for your recovery I wanted to play the final lap:D but Francisco was back me I tried to defend me but i was too on tyres so my choice it was finish the last lap.In race2 big fault at start and started last i recovered a bit of gap and meet again Martin hard fight again:D then some good and very very nice turn together/paired with @Tom Lombaerts there is no much room here we did well mate:) a quick meeting with @Vlad Dogar, in conclusion a fun race.
Congratulations Podium and all us and thanks organizers:thumbsup:

Q: Was good for me, P5.

Race 1
Started P5 and got past Vlad Dogar when he overshot a turn and also Artyom when he went of track. I finished P3 in a not so exciting race but the battle behind me was interesting to watch in the rear mirror. I almost crashed because of that in one of the last laps. :whistling:

Race 2
I almost completely blew the start.... I did not pay attention and pushed the throttle when I was already in First Gear, I thought I was in neutral. So I jumped forward a tiny bit panicked put in reverse though about moving back and realized that the start lights were already on, I managed to get away and stay in P10 until to end of turn one when Martin kicked me out. :(
I spun out and spun again when I wanted to re-enter the track. :sick: So was I think 10 seconds behind.
By lap 5 I had caught up to the pack in front of me, who were fighting for positions. After some nice battles I gave too much throttle in T13 and spun out behind Vlad Dogar in P12. That put me back to P13 with a fairly big gap to P12.
Lap 11 had me closing up to the pack again.
By Lap 17 I was in P8 overtaking Martin Vindis who overshoot T1 and Vlad who crashed out after some battles.
I was closing in the gap to Valerio who pitted in Lap 18, I pitted the following lap and left the pit-lane in P11.
Then a few lonely laps, until to lap 26 when I closed up to Tom, who went wide somewhere. By then I was in P9 due to others pitting. While fighting we overtook Mike Bell. In the end I got past Tom, we had a good chase and finished in P7.

Overall it was a very exciting race and good battles, I had a very hard time getting past people thought, never got a good enough exit onto the start finish straight and other spots were very slippery off the racing line.

Great to have Presto League back and thanks for hosting and organizing guys!

Qualifying - Pole :)

Happy to start season 17 with a pole position, didn't manage to get close to my PB with being nervous as hell!

Race 1 - 1st :)

Started well for a change, not like the practise starts where every time I lost the lead into turn 1. This time I powered away and held onto the lead, I think there was maybe a small tap from behind from either Francisco or Martin but I still held on and within a few laps had opened a big lead. The car didn't feel much different with this fuel load compared to qualifying loads so I just kept putting in decent laps and by the end had a good lead.

Race 2 - 1st :)

Started well again from the back and made up a few places round turn 1 and on the rest of lap 1. Had a few passes in the race thanks to others mistakes and DRS use on the straight, other than that it was quite difficult as always at Hungary to pass anyone. The second stint of the race for me was just keep doing laps the same as I had been and hoping if I lapped anyone it would be easy, mostly it was very easy and the new guys coped admirably. Near the end I came across a fight between Johannes and Tom, I tried to stay back to allow them to fight but noticed that within half a lap Artyom had caught up by 1 second so I had to find a way past, Obviously to them enjoying their fight it wasn't ideal but they did what they had to do to allow me past without too much time lost. (Sorry to Vale who I noticed while lapping you went off track and when coming back spun and lost a place :( , it was a bad place to catch up and maybe i should've waited until the next clear straight)

Had a great first 2 races and hope for many more to wrestle the championship from Artyom, no doubts its going to be a good long season :) grats all finishers and see yous at Magny-Cours :)

@Martin Vindis, great to hear that you enjoyed it. Hope to see you on track for the next race.
Regarding the brakes, I have never have it happen to me, but were you checking the brake temps? In your video there does not seem to be a HUD item for the brake temps. Are you sure that you loaded the correct setup, because this really should not happen especially since you had the duct at 10%. Mine was at 40%.
Also for some reason the livery of my car is wrong in your stream. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%