1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 14 Race 7 Austria - Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Peter Decker, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Now we have our server up, lets fire away some setup tips shall we? :)

I've heard commentators say this considers to be just slow short corners and long straights. Dont know if sector 2 and 3 is that? Maybe Malaysia setups could be good to use? Ive tried mine and ticked +1 front and -2 back wings, feels a bit more responsive in entries. But dont like some nasty bumps in some exits. Maybe someone has magic tricks to handle those bumps for the rears? :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Since no one responded yet, but some seemed to like my writing, I guess I'll continue! ;)

About brakes: I had 80 kg at Canada which burned the brakes. At Austria, as been said, higher temps will be reached at 2 places but less overall wear. Im playing around with 90kg+ force now. Did someone know how to check the brake disc thickness in motec i2 pro? I cant find that channel :(

3. Right foot and steering correction, I honeslty don't see anything else because a higher ride height can smoothen the car on them but is also useless for the rest of the time.

I don't know for Motec, in fact I haven't install Motec since rF1 two years ago !!

Concerning the track it's beautiful, very wide and I like that, nature around makes an excellent moutain atmosphere: a much better version than RaceRfactor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

I haven't been on for any practise yet I have been busy with work past week, Ill be starting with setup used last race and go from there probably :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Here is my SETUP

Crazy track this is, even faster than the other version we drove last time because it is much wider at some places. We're already more than 2 sec faster than FR 3.5 were in 2013 :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. Absolutely right Dino ! Concerning strategy I think we can stop..or run all the 60 min without tires changes at the condition that tire pressure is correctly set and race is clean, without lockups and spins.
    Absolutely no tire/engine/brake issue that time for me on race simulation.

Really one of the greatest track in rF2.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium Member

Well that's my bubble burst!!..........their's me thinking I was finally getting to grips with this car!!!! (and RF2)..:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 3
  8. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

I had some practise last night tried my Canada then Dino's, Dino's was way better over tricky bumps at t2 for me so I'll probably just stick with it this race I may not get anymore time to practise anyway still at work as i type lol.
    T1 and t2 though were tricky to be consistent, I get thrown around t2 at the bumps going to be tricky in race for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. I tried again Dino's setup: not good for me but it seems that it's better than mine...

I think I will get back to a high front ARB: with 431kg at the front I have better sensations on the brakes and corner entry.I also stay around 2.5° for front camber which helps me on fast corners.

For Turn 1 my tip is to take a wide line and clip the apex -without kerb- at the last moment and also stay out of the outside kerb.

• Beer Beer x 3