SEASON 14 RACE 1 MALAYSIA INCIDENT REPORT

The one on trackmap (where the little checkered flags appear next to each drivers name as they finish) is correct. The real question is, did you think you finished in 10th as the results indicate, or in 7th as I thought you did?

When I saw results table I got surprised but also recall how angry I was in that last part so I didn't pay any attention to how many that passed me, nor my actual position. I raced until my in-lap started, so whoever passed me after my trackmap showed chequered flag I didn't see as competing for position.

Lap 10, Last corner @Martin Oconnor pushed me off the track, could of been lag??? I take I wide line to get a good exit but Martin decided to dive up the inside from over a FULL car length behind me.

It was close between us but there were a few times when I thought you were going to wipe me out :( Just remember if you're behind you need to pick your braking points

Apart from that great racing, shame you had a disconnect

I don't want to be the grumpy guy...

but this isn't okay Martin. You can't be the guy normally bumps wheels, whether its light or not. We're racing open wheels cars. In Presto the aim must always be to avoid contact at all costs. Perhaps you were just speaking tongue in cheek, but if you do a bit of light wheel banging, then there needs to be a report here that seeks to avoid it happening again.

Sometimes i feel i need a lawyer that checks my text before i post here :confused:

My native language is not english, so it could be that some sentence will understood wrong, sorry for that :p

I allways try to avoid any contact :cautious:
But in action this happend and will happen again ;)

In my post i meant that some banged me and i banged some other, no major accidents happend.
These where normal racing accidents for me.
And i m sorry, i have not the time to analyse every wheel bang with videos :whistling:

PS:
The "wheel banging" is often used from a pro driver from austria (Alexander Wurz), he is here often tv co-commentator of F1 races (i like him).
He is using this expression when he`s happy when some action with advanced level is going on on the track ;)

Martin

Watching the replay I have to agree with me letting Dino through sooner.
However, this is only due to realising the subject matter of what has been mentioned above about the distance/view the mirrors show.

If the blue flag penalties woudn't be that massively over-sensitive, they would have been a possible solution.
But it's the right thing that the blue-flag penalties are beeing turned off, knowing that I once got a blue flag penalty after only a couple of seconds of blue-flag warning, with letting the guy pass safely on a straight while costing him zero time in the whole process.

There is one thing I want you to learn from this thing and it isn't neccesarly the thing with letting the guys behind you pass earlier, even though that would be the right thing in most situations too.

What was the main problem is risking so much on one of the most difficult parts of the entire track in a situation where nothing can be gained but everything can be lost for multiple guys.
In q I lost the car in the exact same place also by going full throttle there as quick as possible and getting on the curb while also opening my wing early. But while beeing lapped there is no possible gain by going full throttle as fast as possible there.
Even if you followed someone relatively close for a position, that guy statisticaly would have to make the same compromises when he gets lapped too.

I hope you get what I meant :)

I also thought the race was over when it was apparently not

Hey, I have a doubt about that too ! A few seconds after the "0.00.00 left" message appeared, I ran out of fuel, exactly in the fast left-right corner in the 3rd sector, so if I could have been able to complete that sector, it would have been the checkered flag for me.
But it seems that one or two more laps were completed by all of the drivers after that ! Was the race longer than my offline simulation ?? :cautious:

So, maybe thetime finish criteria isn't good, it's not very clear for everybody ! When it's laps finish criteria you know the fuel load to engage for the race, because you can calculate it by yourself and it's not a question about when does the 0.00.00 warning appears ? Will I have to complete another more lap an run out of fuel ?
Will I cross the finish line at the right moment to trigger the checkered flag for me ?

It can be talked !

I also thought the race was over when it was apparently not. Last lap I almost ran into Dino who was very slow so I though it's over, it was his outlap.

An incident with M. Breslin lap, entirely my fault exiting final turn. Sorry
It wasn't my outlap, I was driving around heavily damaged.

If you catch up to someone who has finished his race, it's 100% certain that you have too, logic doesn't allow anything else :D

The rFactor2 standart hud shows the current lap of the leader and trackmap shows your personal current lap.
And if you are in any doubt, look at the standings screen of trackmap: If the leader has the chequered flag next to his name, he has finished the race and you are 100% sure to finish too, the next time you cross the line :)

Hey, I have a doubt about that too ! A few seconds after the "0.00.00 left" message appeared, I ran out of fuel, exactly in the fast left-right corner in the 3rd sector, so if I could have been able to complete that sector, it would have been the checkered flag for me.
But it seems that one or two more laps were completed by all of the drivers after that ! Was the race longer than my offline simulation ?? :cautious:

So, maybe thetime finish criteria isn't good, it's not very clear for everybody ! When it's laps finish criteria you know the fuel load to engage for the race, because you can calculate it by yourself and it's not a question about when does the 0.00.00 warning appears ? Will I have to complete another more lap an run out of fuel ?
Will I cross the finish line at the right moment to trigger the checkered flag for me ?

It can be talked !

If you can somewhat guess the average leaders laptimes, you pretty much know the maximum possible laps per race. Than you have your maximum too, because you are at most doing the same amount of laps.
If your race simulation nets you 1 lap less, it doesn't hurt to put 1 extra lap in, unless you know for a fact that you are getting lapped.

1 extra lap of fuel never really hurts actually

The race isn't over till you see the chequered with in rF2, forget what you see on trackmap or other plugins..keep going till you see the flag lols...the final lap is always determined by where the leader is when the clock hits zero, always has been. When in doubt always take an extra few litres of fuel :) I generally fuel the car to allow for an extra 5 mins of racing to be on the safe side.

Something i forgot: When i pit, i had @Nicolas Delamare pitting in my pitbox. As he was refueling + changing tyres, i had to wait for about 5-6 sec behind him, even if he had like 15-20 lead on me before he pits.

I was very confused when i arrive at my box, was asking myself: "Why is he still here when he was leading the race before the stop, 15-20 sec ahead of me". So i thought maybe its a glitch and his car is stuck there instead of garage. So i ran into him (hoping he was ghost but was not), few seconds later he left and i could now pit. Sorry for bumping you there. You will see it in my race report video a bit later.

It really sucks to have to share pit box without ghost cars in pits. Can ruin someone's race badly (I'm safe to say it cost me 2 positions).

For that, i would also make it PROHIBITED to refuel. Doesn'T mean it can'T happen anymore, but chances are less, and waste of time will be less too.

Is there a way to know who is sharing the box with you before the race? That way, the guy in front have the advantage, if he enter, its the responsibility of the guy behind to make 1 more lap before coming. But you got to know with who you share.....

Does it Make sense?

Is there a way to know who is sharing the box with you before the race? That way, the guy in front have the advantage, if he enter, its the responsibility of the guy behind to make 1 more lap before coming.

a side driver name in rF2 XD plugin:) there is a "P" when someone is in pit

But you got to know with who you share.....

this is a good point Steeve:D

orry for bumping you there.

I've seen that in your video, but in fact it didn't moved me at all and my car wasn't damaged.But you're right that is an absolutely disturbing problem ! How can huge box like Sepang can't virtually welcome about 12 cars pitting in the same time !! Ah, that game !! :laugh:

a side driver name in rF2 XD plugin:) there is a "P" when someone is in pit

Can I know that plugin name ? I don't have any plugin installed, just basic UI, basic HUD, it starts to be not enough from here on in !!
Definitely an experience-collecting race, like someone said, and hopefully and entertaining one ! But China race will be a different one :sneaky:

I've seen that in your video, but in fact it didn't moved me at all and my car wasn't damaged.But you're right that is an absolutely disturbing problem ! How can huge box like Sepang can't virtually welcome about 12 cars pitting in the same time !! Ah, that game !! :laugh:

Can I know that plugin name ? I don't have any plugin installed, just basic UI, basic HUD, it starts to be not enough from here on in !!
Definitely an experience-collecting race, like someone said, and hopefully and entertaining one ! But China race will be a different one :sneaky:

TrackMap is the plugin: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trackmapplugin-32bit-64bit-by-fazerbox.3400/ :thumbsup:
Tips: to easily move around the boxes, when in-car: press, hm, I think it is shift+space, or alt+space, or ctrl+space :D, press enter twice (I think) and you can move around the boxes with mouse, (de)activate with enter and select with right-left-arrows. :)

My incidents-compilation. As usual I maybe show a little too long clips, I'm working on keeping them short, but see them all as a teaser for the upcoming race report compilation! or something...

1a) Start: I tap Arty into David. Both lose speed compared to me. I tried to be in Dinos slip as long as possible and thought Arty was behind me when checking my mirror. Incident due to the judging of mirrors. Will be better onwards! Other than that: notice T2 behind me when Arty gets reaaally close to taping David and spinning him around like David on me later in the compilation.

1b) More of a side note - notice Arty puts in a gear and moves the car. I wonder if that makes difference for take-off reaction for the auto clutch for example or sth else?

2) Lap 4: Delamare came from far back and hadn't even reached half up my car at turn in so I gave almost no room except run-off area inside curb. However, I feel this is not a totally clear case. In real F1, I understand it as a must that inside car should be almost totally beside the outer car to have right to the racing line - what do you guys think? Other aspects? It is important to get this clear in the beginning esp. of this season so all know what is expected I think. What are your comments @Nicolas Delamare ?

3) Lap 6: David a´la Delamare but he was closer already from breakpoint. I was not taking the wider line compared to Delamare's case because of that, but once again - should I have done that anyway? Feels like we have agreed David caused the tap and also let me pass the seconds after.

4) Lap 7, T1, Bomberman: I had some real adrenaline flowing there and totally forgot to think about the brakepoint :( So I panicked and just slammed the brakes to save Dave. It was a pretty nice save though, wasn't it? :) I'm not too sure you turned in in front of me in a bad way as you said - you were almost a full car length ahead of me and I should have been able to manage that.

5) Lap 24 T4: @Phil Shillitoe had a slide-moment and maybe was a bit distracted so the mirrors became a bit ignored there ;) Became a pretty close call to the grass.

6) Lap 33 T4: @Steeve Fournier was well up half my car on inside. I gave just about enough space for him to use the inner curb as many do, I thought. If Steeve would have not moved into the middle at braking, his corner line could have been kept narrower. I think I could have 1) picked a little wider line or maybe just 2) picked a wider exit line. Or do you guys think I kept the outer part of racing line enough? On my end it lagged as in the vid, but is seems Steeve was launched straight after the curb and the lag made it a super bounce just from my front wing? Very unfortunate ending of such a battle as well as lost places for Steeve. :(

Peter,

3) lap 6, everything was made correctly from your side, was David's fault, that's why he let you pass by. I think you did nothing wrong there.

4) What a save, very spectacular!! :)

6) lap 33: Indeed its looks there was some lag on both of our replays. I think you could have gave me a few more inches, like the lap before when role was inverted, i took the turn wider than you. But i definetly should got slower before attacking the kerbs, to avoid the "catapult". :) We could've race like that till the end, who knows ;)

What are your comments @Nicolas Delamare ?

On that incident, you are not guilty at all of course, I controlled my car well but as you say, that maneuver wasn't enough clear from me (and I hoped that kind of maneuver disturbed you at that moment), and you took a very clean and fair racing line :thumbsup:
Besides, when I saw that I touched you, I was immediately looking at you to see if you was spinning, in order to let you pass :D It's the first thing I think when I touch somebody !
And because I knew that overtake was risky, I was waiting for a little contact which could send me on the inside kerb !

So total control and fair driving in any cases !

In reply to Peter......

1. I can see why the mirrors again played a part, your moving over to cover Artyom and that slight clip is what caused a shockwave through Artyom into me.

2. It's clearly just a case of Nicolas going in too hot, he tries to avoid at the last minute by then it's too late, thankfully no spin's.

3. My fault, thought I was further alonside than I was, should've taken a tighter line into the turn.

4. I think you missing the braking point slightly mask's that I clearly moved in front of you during braking, That's a no no in real life F1 rule's, like I said I thought I was well past and wouldn't need to worry about you being on the inside, If I'd taken a normal straight line who know's your late brake might have worked and you'd have got back past :) good save though :thumbsup:

5. Nothing of note, Phil had a moment, stayed out the way when you were passing.

6. I think even without the lag moment Steeve is still a bit too fast to take that turn on the inside, you notice the understeer towards apex and the only way to go is wide on exit when the lag happened, Like Steeve mentioned a little more space for each other and if Steeve took it slightly slower then both would've got through no probs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back