Season 13 - Weather

Ok so now Monza is out the way its time to bring the weather elements in, @Daniel Hansson ....do your magic please :)

regards Peters suggestion, I think we need to discuss this a bit more before we decide, To be honest im still a bit lost as to what you mean with the 4 stages of weather, Can you try explain exactly what you mean again try make it a bit easier to understand though (for me at least :) )

Hehe alright, I did not necessarily mean 4 stages.

My point is to generate weather where maximum difference between lowest and highest rain intensity is not greater than, say maybe 20-30%.

One simplification could be 4 stages for certain intervals of rain intensity - though that could mean it would be easier to know the weather almost from start of races for every participant since we, in the case of using pre-defined "stages", then could know how much dryer/wetter it will be.

I dont know how the weather-God @Daniel Hansson generates the weather, but maybe everything could be made as is has been, just that the max and min-levels could be a bit closer to each other?

Hope this makes any sense now :)

just that the max and min-levels could be a bit closer to each other?
I know what you mean and I too can find it frustrating when the race starts wet but rain ends shortly. The on path will dry quickly while the off path is wet and remains so for the rest of the race (more or less). If it were only a few laps I would not mind but rather see it as spice.

On the other hand, I am very found of the uncertainty/naturallity of the weather. It is very fragile and it is easy to get in a mode where one start guessing what Daniel might be thinking during the race (unnatural). Eg. if the race starts wet I might assume/guess it will stay so for the rest of the race.

I hear what your saying Peter. But I'm with Nico, I would hate for the weather to become more predictable. If we were planning to stay with Race07 long term it might be worth a rethink but I'm still hoping this might be our last season with it, in which case I would prefer to suffer the offline dryness negative and continue to use the system that has server us so well. I thought last seasons weather was the best we've ever had (though to be fair that was probably just because there was more rain than ever before!)

RF2 and realroad will solve this problem very simply without any need for a complicated new system. Looking forward to some rain!

Forget the different "stages" or "intervals".

Think of it this way. Race starts at whatever wetness. It can then rise from 0 to 100. Only thing is that is will not drop more than, say 20-30% so off-path doesnt get that unrealistic.

This way, you cant predict how wet it will be, you will just be sure it will not dry up that much as before.

Wouldnt it be fun to at least try? At a practice race or so? (Hail to Peter now, cmon :D)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%