1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 13 Race 2 SINGAPORE - INCIDENT REPORT

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

WAAAALLL:confused::D

• Like Like x 4
  2. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

TS 1960
    I dont know. Looked to me like Vince was braking for pit, but he held such wide line that he crossed the outer pit-lane line. I began to aim to his right but he went straight instead of left. Boom. I could have had more margins. Vince could have had more pit entry practice perhaps, or Im the one to blame.

• Like Like x 8

3. I didn't see reply yet, bit I think was my fault :(, I brake for pits, my tires was 55% no grip and take wide, let me see first the reply we talk as soon, sorry any way

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  4. Yeah, I have an incident, and I am not entirely sure who is at fault here, but I think it is most likely me being a tenacious moron.

2014-09-24_00001.jpg
    On lap four, we go into turn 5 (I think) three abreast. Minding the gap between us, but also taking into account for the race line, I try to give enough room for all through the turn. Being in the middle, it is very difficult for me.

2014-09-24_00002.jpg
    We make it through, and yes, you do see my car lower than before. This was because I could not see the car on driver's left that well and was afraid of driving them into the wall.

2014-09-24_00003.jpg
    Out of the turn, we all are pushed left by the centrifugal force of the turn. Still not seeing the car on my left, I am afraid if I run out too wide I will hit him. Doing my best, I try to maintain the middle line only to have @Tito Parisi wash up into me.

I am not blaming you for this, friend. I understand that you had nowhere else to go. Again, I accept responsibility for this, I was being a tenacious moron and should never have forced the matter in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  5. Small touch 1st chicance. Little tap on Peter's rear, he did a great job keeping the car on track. Sorry fo that Peter! That got me a bit off, i accel too much and car slide sideways. Had to lift up so Vincenzo had no choice but to hit my back. That cost Vince a lot of spots, i'm very sorry for that Vince!

As for my part, i blame my overstress in race starts for that mistake..... had my heart beating as hell. :(

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

No Sutil's to report:D

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 3
  7. No incidents to report :)

• Like Like x 6
  8. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

I just looked at my replay file to make a small vid of your incident, but... i dont have you on the replay peter, i see the incident but your invisible and also the positions jump
    from 5-7 when i switch cars, wierd one, thats twice this season im seeing (well... you know) invisible cars, think it might be time for a full wipe of my skins and start again, something funny going on.

when nico puts the replay on mydrive ill sort a vid out for the incidents in this thread :thumbsup:

edit: when i use 720p resolutions some cars are invisible on my replay, when i use 1080p and my eyefinity resolution the cars are back, i think its trying to tell me to use 1080p videos lol

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  9. I do not know if this is the case here, but if you watch a replay from start and follow a driver that leaves the server mid race, you'll be able to see him until the point he leaves. However, if you now rewind a bit you'll experience what David explains above.

EDIT: Server replay is availeble at mydrive now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks David for putting in such an effort!

Here's at least something:

• Like Like x 7
  11. No incidents to report

• Like Like x 8
  12. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

my incident with kurt......

regards my incident with kurt, it was unfortunate but i think kurt done the right thing, he stayed where he landed didnt make any unpredictable moves at the last minute, i couldve paid more attention to the track map and noticed kurts blue dot, unfortunate incident, sorry kurt for damaging your car, wasnt much i could do :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

nice one peter, i eventually made a vid thanks to nicos info, that was the problem, never noticed it before but thanks nico :thumbsup:

regards the incident, i dont think theres much you couldve done, vince did slow down a bit too much too quickly but in his defense unless youve practised singapore pits quite a bit their a bloody nightmare hence why i mentioned it before the race.

unfortunate racing incident i think here, both had no time to react once vince's decision to go into the pits was taken.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nelson and Tito's incident.......

I think youve been a bit too hard on yourself here nelson, you gave room, you stayed on a predictable line, I think the only way to avoid this is that tito stays tighter to the inside, his trajectory and speed is taking him into your path so either a small lift or more steering to stay tighter wouldve helped, the small error in judgement had rather large consequences on this occasion though.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Agree with David. Had just stopped spinning after the wall hit, there was still smoke in the air. I knew David was right behind so I had no time to react before the incident, I just stood still, fortunately, David could continue to flag. Poor start this season without fuel in Italy and without tires in Singapoor whats next ????

• Love Love x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

a good result at suzuka kurt thats whats next, with fuel and tyres :thumbsup: just having some bad luck, weve all been there, and always remember at times like this... its sean and peters fault ;)

• Like Like x 5
  17. So it was Sean who put that invisible wall up at pit entrance. Thanks a lot Sean (alias turbobricky)

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Hey Bob

Would be handy if you could find it on a replay so we can see exactly where it is...for future reference:thumbsup:

Jim

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

No hardcore incidents to report. Only some light touch here and there.

• Like Like x 6
  20. No incidents to report :)

• Like Like x 5