Season 13 - General Discussion

I appologies I cant make this race and probably the rest of the season , I feel I need to take a break to charge the battery , all energy is going towards work and private life. I might still be able to visit David server just to stay in contact and som fun .

Sorry guys :(...

All the best at sepang..

Very sorry to hear mate and good luck for everything you're going to do.

I'm sure we're gonna see you again somewhen... ;)

Woo! Just had a close call with my DFGT. It would not respond when I plugged it into my PC, and I feared the worst. I was searching frantically around the internet, my heart racing then I noticed I had not plugged the power cord into the wheel :D

Laughing my butt off at my own stupidity :roflmao:

This videos are just great, there's a bunch of them in Peter Windsors channel. I fyou don't know who Rob Wilson is, he is a driving teacher. He has trained almost all F1 drivers on the grid, Räikkönen, Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel... So you kind of have to respect what he says.

Just a little tidbit, he says Hamilton and Kimi are the fastest drivers on the grid. He teaches them all with a regular car, some hot hatchback. Kimi took it out and did two seconds from target time on the first outing and steadily dropped the laptime. Lewis went out and was fraction from target and went way faster on the next lap. But in the end of their sessions (they were not in the course at the same day, of course..), Kimi was faster with his lap by lap approach..

Rob is a proponent of smooth, steady steering input, importance on weight transfer and having a properly balanced car in all conditions. That means making certain preparations before an action you know is coming; making the car balanced way before you brake or turn. He also says that there is no perfect driving line, you make it yours... We are using AI marked driving lines in Race07, they are NOT for human consumption (lol) Good example is Monza in the wet, that last turn driving line is meters off where you think it ought to be. So if you go thru a corner as fast as anyone else on a different line, don't think you are doing something wrong (except whe it's a question of safety, car behind has to drive it just like the car in front does)

Ye Peter is good also like the scarbs interviews I tend to watch a lot of these through season but especially during testing for my f1 fix.

Alonso I'm sure would have something to say on being the fastest :cool: well looking at todays race especially Alonso always seems to always get a car to beyond what you would think is actually possible also regularly, especially the difference so far this season with Kimi and Alonso.
I don't know if we will ever get better season for teammates than 2007 with Hamilton and Alonso it was quite special, maybe in the distant future we can have some kind of the 'F1 legends in there prime, The Clone's Championship' :laugh:

Hello everyone, im so sad i could not make it for last two races, and im afraid silverstone is a no go too. My pc is dead due to a bad electric management at my place, some voltage deflection i believe, so i need to buy an equalizer or something. Expensive **** thing...:speechless:Hopefully my G27 is ok.
Anyway service guys are in no hurry :mad: its been two weeks now and im going mad.
Such shame after quite good start to the season. I miss you all and that regular dose of adrenaline:cry:

I will update my sitrep as soon as anything change.

Have a good racing you all :thumbsup:

Also im going to buy a new car soon. What do you think, used up Alfa Romeo 156 1.6, year 1999, or "like a new" Renault Clio 2006 1.2 ?????:) i think i know the answer...

Its the fastest way to brake based on its easier to brake that way and not lose traction at the rear, however if you can use the extra engine braking by quickly coming down the gears and also not lose traction its going to be faster.

I think with race07 you can do this it seems to be relatively simpler and you can hammer down the gears slam on brakes and keep them on with little to no lock ups not making much if any difference just use throttle to control balance.

With rf2 being I think more realistic what this guy says comes into play more because if you come down gears to hard you will lock up rears, a lot like pulling a handbrake on.

Braking you have to brake hard then lift off brake pedal as down force comes off the car and also try to stick to braking in straight line to minimise lock ups, I can write this down no problems but putting it into practise driving rf2 is the most challenging part I've found and can make huge difference in tire wear. We cant all be magicians at making tires last 65mins like Jenson (aka April) Button.

ps. Get well soon! Jan's pc :laugh:

I know this isn't our cup of tea, so to speak but it would be great if just couple of drivers could join next friday mini event. Finally RD let go of the 80 minute format and switched to 40 minutes. I think i had something to do with this change, i've been asking for it at least two years now.. So i'm asking for a favor here, i promised to get more people in if they change it.. so.. It's a good race to down a few beers and just enjoy wheel to wheel racing.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/mini-friday-adelaide-friday-02-may-2014.86518/

Just had a look at prestoGP to see what times to aim for when I start testing. But it doesn't show any lap time for Silverstone. Didn't we race this version already last year?

Just had a look at prestoGP to see what times to aim for when I start testing. But it doesn't show any lap time for Silverstone. Didn't we race this version already last year?
Yes, not intentionally though (nor an accident, I just picked the newest). But I hope there is no good reason why we chose to race the earlier version 2 seasons ago. Do anybody remember? Any problems such as max 20 cars or similar?

I'll check. EDIT: Can't find anything wrong, max vehicles is set at 45 so that's more than enough :) GDB seems fine, max laps is set at 50, which is also enough.. Why they use that parameter is weird, have seen it often.. It's totally unnecessary value. Could it be that two seasons ago, we found the 2011 version too late? That rings some bells.

Last edited:
in season 10 we did race 11silverstone, the same as the servers are setted up. I remember very well, it was my first ever prestogp race and i made a lot of testing there. My RD profile show a picture taken there hehe :)

Reik, any lap in the 1:45 is really good, only a few went in the 1:44, which is more than excellent. :)

Nico, i can't recall any reason why this track version was chosen in season 10, but isn't it the actual lay-out? That itself is a good enough reason for me to pick this version.

Laps were recording correctly back then... don't know why no times are shown on the website. Can it be that the prestogp website as the wrong version of this track for lap recording??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back