Season 13 - General Discussion

hm, maybe the last 24h before race we could have password again - now people are putting the practice server in quali mode, and serious q-practice is sort of impossible with public racers around :(

I just thought of this earlier today, but maybe that TSV fellow who joined the race was one of the new comers and they were unaware of the real name rule or something. Just in case new guys do not know, it is a must for you to use your real name in the servers. :)

I think what Peter originally was asking for is our practise server's to have our password, as with alot of public people on its sometimes difficult to put in serious practise.

Last edited:
I don't see Melbourne on the PrestoGP timing page(s), am I missing something??
Thats right, an error that David spotted that I haven't corrected yet.... I'll get on it :thumbsup:

I think what Peter originally was asking for is our practise server's to have our password, as with alot of public people on its sometimes difficult to put in serious practise.
Now that we have a not-ingame-track it will be different. But let me know if it is still a problem.

Last edited:
Oh, okay thank you David, I thought I had heard somewhere tyre wear was really bad here. Guess I heard wrong.
I think that the difference between the least and most rough track does not seem to be very significant (here at PrestoGP). Bottom line is that I agree with David, both strategies should work in all races, it is just a matter of which will be quicker (or wiser strategically).

Personally I am surprised about 2 stoppers getting tyre warnings, I didn't get them when I did 19 laps on the 32 min server. But then I'm not the fastest dude either :)

Also I am surprised that with 62 min race 90% are 1 stopping, 3 minutes longer and 90% are 2 stopping. Makes me think we shoudl have gone for 63 minutes instead :) (is it too late to change?)

Last edited:
its never too late to change, with the upcoming tracks that might actually be an inspired idea, places like shanghai, sepang and the way you wear the tyres by hard turn ins and high traction zones causing lots of wheelspin, it could give a perfect balance, but just to throw in another idea, what about a track to track basis, nothing else changes, only race length, 63 and 65mins? :whistling:

but just to throw in another idea, what about a track to track basis, nothing else changes, only race length, 63 and 65mins? :whistling:
Personally I am a fan of same length for all races. It is much more simple and I like the variation that each track creates. What I want is a race length that makes 1 stop slightly quicker on some tracks, and the opposite on others. At the moment it seems that magic balance is somewhere between 62 and 65 minutes. But it could also be that Istanbul was a particularly 2 stop friendly track. And Jim's stellar preformance on 1 stop do raist the question how much slower 1 stop could be.

To complicate matter further it can also be that what strategy that is theoretically faster depends on the driver.

I personally don't think we need to change the race length.
I struggled with tyres but I also had a huge amount of understeer when the race started for some reason and that just compounded my tyre issue that was with the front tyres.
But I look at looking after the tyres a good challenge as in we went to x2 tyre wear so that we will get more variety in pit strategy which is what we now have pluse if your setup is more aggressive on tyres or such doesn't that hurt tyre wear?
I think that everything is good as it is at the mo personally.

IMHO, Istanbul is not the best place to measure tire wear. It's bumby and requires good grip due to the compromises made on aero. When i pitted, i could've easily staid on track for few laps longer in Monza or Spa. Didn't yet have undriveable car and i did no tire saving at all, pushed pretty hard on them.

I'm pretty sure that Istanbul just is 2 stop track, few minutes more or less race lenght and there won't make a difference. Just like things should look like when having sample size of 1 ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%