Season 12 - Small tweaks

that would be good peter but is that a limitation of the game? most likely kennett will know.

i dont think you were here at the time but barcelona in season 10 was quite funny with the on and off path wetness, seemed like the drying line was made by some guys on a tandem bicycle :roflmao: we were all weaving all over the straight and other places with the crazy aquaplanning :D

Yeah, I got a sniff of that at Monza - the last maybe 5-6 laps looked the same. I was P4 and got a better exit into start/finish straight and slipstreamed Reik soon after turn exit. Frustrated grew on slicks when car wobbled and weaved real bad as soon as I tried to actually pass Reik. So last laps I pushed him forward instead to defend from Dino behind :roflmao: In last lap, Reik over shot it (the hand from above?), I got his place after all. :D

I'm up for some more weather this season :) . Should we tweak it, or leave it as last season? Do we want weather from the first race or wait to the second?

Yes please, Daniel! Maybe 1st could be dry to give ppl a stable experience-giving start (myself very included ;) ) :thumbsup:

Tweaking the off-rain-path-never-drying would be super to get as good as possible (I guess limitations in race07 restrict possibilities pretty bad tho)

Nothing one can do about off-path/on-path wetness.. :( Only thing that speeds up drying is low humidity and high ambient temperatures. But then on-path dries faster too... We haven't raced in 33C yet ;)

The drying line is formed from AI wetline and it is often different than human wetline just to keep them idiots, meaning AI of course, on track. It's more round, uses less track edges but from own experience, can have slightly or totally different line. Monza is good example, the way AI takes corners is not the fastest way..

Note, anyone can do this.. Go offline race, put heavy rain and few AI cars and follow on race monitor where they drive. That's the dry line. I haven't, there already too much i know, some things are better as a surprise.

Nothing one can do about off-path/on-path wetness.. :( Only thing that speeds up drying is low humidity and high ambient temperatures. But then on-path dries faster too... We haven't raced in 33C yet ;)

Ok, so, low humidity (controllable? depends on sunny/clody weather?)
And hig ambient temp - how high to make a relatively big difference?
Higher temps of course alter some things - as long as the philosophy of the league is kept (always have the same temp to lessen prep time, right?), maybe it could be considered to raise a bit?

If the gain is significant enough it is possible to raise the temperature permanently. However, it is not a dream scenario as it makes the servers dependent on a weather file at all times. One consequence of this is that we cannot have a weather practice server at the same time as we have the dry servers open (as all servers are using the same weather file).

However, it is not a dream scenario as it makes the servers dependent on a weather file at all times.

Ok I see, sort of, I guess, since I dont know much about how the server applications are working. :)

Could we have one standard weather file for dry at the decided temperature? In time for race the file could be switched perhaps?

To explain: A server can be set to the following scenarios:

Default weather dry (the temperature we are used to)
Wet weather (the temperature we are used to and a constant % wetness of my choosing)
Changeable weather. If it is set to changeable, it will use the weather described in a weather.txt file. (the one Daniel makes for us).

Only changeable weather allows me to have a different temp. than default. Therefore we cannot have both a wet and dry server open at the same time if we use a different temp. than default.

Ok, so it comes down to the question whether we could make the rain practice server to be some sort of separated instance or not, otherwise no rain practice server, correct?

You can use two or more weather files but it's too much of a hassle and it's VERY easy to use the wrong one... Common practice is to use just one custom weather and i think it's the best way for us too...

To make your own custom weather file: download weather generator for gtr2 (nogrip has it). Make your sessions, draw new curves and export to my docs/SimBin/race07/.. /LOGS. If i recall right, it makes the file read only by default so the game can't overwrite it. Then start the game and use it in offline race/practice. Don't bother using 2 race format cause you have to then edit it manually... Use a bit longer session lengths in the generator than in game. It isn't critical to do that, the last weather condition in the file is used and it just stay static if it runs out of time..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back