1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 12 Race 9 Montreal Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Nicolai Nicholson, May 30, 2014.

1. I just opened the Montreal-server. I wasn't able to log on to NoGrip (password troubble) but luckily I had the track on the server already. To avoid any chance of track mis-match I uploaded the track I am using on the server to mydrive (under the folder "Misc").

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Ok cool, thanks, will use that for my download :)

3. isn't it race 9?

4. I download the track from mydrive and it doesn't work. When i try to log on servers, after entering the pw it tells me: Incompatilbe game version.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Steeve

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes, same here. Tried other F3000 servers (100mbit..) and no problems. edit: tried on my own server, using the mydrive version, works fine..

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. same here Incompatilbe game version.

• Beer Beer x 2
  7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

yeah same for me, i think its a corrupted download of broken version of the track.

i suggest you uninstal all versions of montreal you have in, instal the montreal_gp (working) this link at mediafire...

http://www.mediafire.com/?f8b5zmd14dfsg

nico can sort it out onto mydrive when he gets a chance, when i try it says not enough space.

ive put a server up with it atm until nico sees these messages and sorts the servers :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. What kind of laptimes are we aiming for? I got under 1:26 but i feel there's lots to improve. Did my offline practice, first in Time Trial to find the lines and braking points, then practice without tire wear and fuel consumption to have multiple hotlaps in a row. Specially that last session felt really good choice, it's a mix from my old heavy fuel load to have several attempts at once but still having a lighter car to be able to attack corners and gain knowledge.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

No idea atm on laptime, will be on for some practise tonight around 8/9/10 bst :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Also added this video from last time in Montreal back in the day of mmg with 1 of the things that made Vale Famous :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. I reopened the servers with the track from David's download 3 posts above :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 7
  11. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

managed a 1.24.0 so far, times probably alot lower than that, say high 1.22s for race day? something like that anyhoo id imagine.

• Beer Beer x 2
  12. still dont get in "you need the expensionpack" ??

edit: restarted now it works.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Here's my what used tonight, I made from Monza setup managed a 23.7 I think.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  14. high 22 would be 2 seconds faster than me, so i really wish this is too optimistic ;)

I feel like driving home hehe :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    i have huge internet probleme at the moment. monaco wasnt just a fluke as it seems. my connection disconnects on a regular basis without anything i can do about it. sometimes i have pings up to 200-300.
    i am already in contact with my provider and i hope they can sort it out until wednesday next week.

i will be out of town from friday until tuesday. so i hope i can have the whole tuesday evening for training with a working internet connection.

and as if that wouldnt be enough trouble already, my new wheel needs to get repaired since i have some issues with the ffb motor. it probably wont be there for the next race but my old one is already on my rig again. so that wont hold me back.

will be around in the next days to test how my connection works.

cu online
    julius

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  16. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

That's not good news Julius good luck :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doing 25s pretty solid now, no chance on 24s unless it's 110% perfect lap. Used Seans Monza setup as a base too, only raised wings by 1/2 clicks respectively. Also raised diff locks a lot, 35/35/2, feels fantastic to drive. A bit sliding on the rear with my driving style but it won't spin out that inside tire so easily. It will not suit all drivers, only for those that like to go sideways ;) And no jerking on the diff when going from brakes to power with symmetric power/coast. It has a tendency to push out on the slower turns, so rotation needs to be done fully before applying throttle. Tire pressures are a bit high but there are lots of straights, i might need to lower it to get a bit more heat on those round black things.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Hope to get in some laps soon, too, to give some input here. Can't wait to drive this quick track. F1 was a blast already...

• Like Like x 3
  19. I finished my first practice :) my pb 23.9xx, I use to setup orj. Sean Greenlaw, Kennett Ylitalo version (35/35/2). I made small changes: wing 18/20 - diff. lock 45% - steering lock 19. Thanks for setups.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Nice to meet you Suleyman. 23:9 is very fast. gratz. I might try higher diff. lock too, seems to work good :) thanks for your input.

Steeve

• Like Like x 2