Season 12 Race 7 Barcelona Setup Thread

It's time for Barcelona. Got nice trackguide from Rob Wilson and Peter Windsor again. I won't embed them as there are tree parts so go and watch them in Youtube and subscribe while you are there. edit: damn, RD forum software did it anyway... well.

Part1:
Part2:
Part3:

The track is bumpy and turns are long. Tire wear and temperature is a huge factor, won't expect any one stoppers here (but you never know..). Also F3000 aero is most likely going to be set very high without any preference on oversteer/understeer. The most demanding circuit on setup but there's not a lot to gain with these cars but lot to loose. Fastest laptime might not be the fastest way thru the race ;) Smooth, dancing on throttle, patience and some amount of sheer balls are needed.

Made this and why not share it here.. It's releveant.. The importance of delta time and it's position.

RuJ1zdN.jpg

All F1 drivers have it. It's one the most important pieces of if not they need and they need it often.. It would be situated elsewhere if they wouldn not need it.

I got a xd.ini that has delta, just above the steering wheel in F3000 (uppermost two seating positions, after that it starts to block wheel, it's transparent window so it doesn't matter if it's even lower, but i doubt many use very low seating positions as that does not affect center of gravity.....) It's for 1980px wide resolution and 65-75 FOV. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju6a95dmrn1wio2/XD.ini.zip

It's easy to change only Y axis if you got 1980 resolution in you monitor (triplescreeners, you are so fortunate that figure out yourself, grrrr.. :devilish:) The X axis is the hard one but it's correctly centered in this. So if you like to change it lower or up somewhere, it's easy to just change Y axis.. If it's not perfectly centered, let me know (it's calculated but it could be possible to have 1 pixel error as one has to guess the XD delta time window width...).

Make a backup from you xd.ini before installing mine to Race07 root folder (Steam\steamappa\common\Race07)

I thought everyone already used xd along with the delta, I prefer to use mine in left bottom corner of middle monitor, so its not always in view.:thumbsup:

Here's my ini file for XD.

Will hopefully have some practise tonight if Nico has time to check server's cyas on perhaps .:barefoot:

Attachments

• XD.ini
    3.7 KB · Views: 266
I wish I had a delta display on my screen. I'm personally just nervous about adding more and more plugins to my sims, especially one that doesn't really support plugins like R07. :(

Been using it in rF2 lately, my first time using something like it. And it's definitely great to have.

I wish I had a delta display on my screen. I'm personally just nervous about adding more and more plugins to my sims, especially one that doesn't really support plugins like R07. :(

Been using it in rF2 lately, my first time using something like it. And it's definitely great to have.

XD definitely, it's easy to install and runs as dll, takes basically no cpu time what so ever...

There is clearly something i don't get at Barcelona. When i do my very best lap, i am still close to 2 second slower than Reik, David, Sean, even if i use their setup. I am usually within 1 sec from these guys. :( I look at seaosn 10 videos and i am using the same line as David and Dino.

Is there any tips i missed that can help me go faster out there??:unsure::unsure:

Thanks

A few parts are quite crucial to lap time, like tight t3 with smooth steering to get full acceleration, then again tight t4 to get power on. Full speed t9 and then a good exit from the chicane.
A lap here is quite hard work though I was on last night and only was able to get down to 30.1 older pbs must have been really close to perfect lap I wasn't quite getting t1 as good as I remember though so will hopefully improve slight over next practises.

Here's setup I used last night if you like made from my silverstone, but will still be having a play around to find time I think, also my old pb was set with Reik's Reik-a2bad1 setup :thumbsup:

Attachments

• q2014 8.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 323
For now, i see the impossibility to go under 1:31, so yeah, i guess you should stay with the setup that gotcha under 1:30 :)

Thanks for infos, i will try to pay attention to t3 and t4. I am already full speed at t9. But i really don't see more than .1 gain on each for me. I guess this is just not my track....

It is tricky Bob but doable. I wont get this 100% of the time its all about getting the turn at just the right time, to early or late and I do as you say and start to understeer off and will hit kerb to much. A slight confidence lift before turning in will help make it more consistently and still carrying just about same speed.
I'll make a new vid of my current best. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I never doubted it was doable, just not doable by me, the same way T3 is not possible for me at the speed you go without the back losing grip and spinning out no matter what line I use. I think it's a reaction thing and the fact I have the reactions of a sloth on valium.

What i found was that for in order to make T9 full throttle, don't try to take it on full throttle.. It could a confidence lift but somehow it's so much easier when the attitude is "right jab and good left hook rather than give it all at first punch", don't know how to explain it cause that's the image i have in my head.. not a lot to gain by accelerating thru the entry so i lift a little but no so much that speed drops. I do have "Couldthart throttle", ie there's some extra travel.. I think i lifted but actually i still had 100%, he used that setup.. Something to do with the mindset i guess..

There was a nice tip on those videos i posted, on T1 to look forward and then turn. Stops from going to early in to it, that gives nice and smooth T2 where to continue to T3.

I never doubted it was doable, just not doable by me, the same way T3 is not possible for me at the speed you go without the back losing grip and spinning out no matter what line I use. I think it's a reaction thing and the fact I have the reactions of a sloth on valium.

It's the same like Maldonado proved in qualy there. :p Once you leave the racing line, you loose grip and might spin or have to lift. Ingame it means you need to drive T3 and the opening T4 tight enough to make use of the best grip. Too much to the outside and it becomes very slippery.

I never experienced this effect that much in other corners. But nevertheless this rule applies to any place at any circuit. So hold the racing line mate. ;) :thumbsup:

Btw, I'm sorry I can't give any setup or video input here. Due to much work and real life stuff I only had one short offline session a few days ago to get the feeling for the track. All I can say my latest silverstone setup feels good and made me quickly drive a 1:30:6xx. Not more time to improve actually.

I didn't save my PB lap in the ReplayData section but maybe there's the related setup and maybe a vid in the old preparation thread from 2 seasons ago(?)...

Hope I'm not too slow for this event.

Hello!

First that all thanks! for setups guys, for me no time to built setups, this is the reason I do not share a copies setups here.. I always use setups from Aliens, especially from Reik :thumbsup:, this time I used Sean's setup, really nice setup, I improved my time and yes is possible full throttle on T3, on T9 5 gear lift a little bit the throttle before entry if is possible too

again thanks setups and see you at Barcelona ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%