Season 12 Race 7 BARCELONA - RACE REPORT

****ing hell! Sorry to swear but i was doing possibly my best race ever and my pitmenu was bugged. I told in chat after practice starts that i didn't get any fuel even when both of my presets had it. I go to pits, looking for solid top10 finish and what the f the game do: put on my short stint wet preset, 45l and wet tires... It wasn't activated! 62L and slicks was my first choice and 45L was my second in case i get damage. No wet setups were selected. By the time i got to pits second time, i was last and looking for one extra pitstop. I just saw red and drove straight to garage, ragequit. Bought two beers with my last coins to chill out after the race, i knew i had good racepace and good tactic. Now they are my consolation price..

My race engineer is going to be sacked. Never had this bug before, in fact never even heard of it. ffs, i'm miffed..

Had a good qualy, first a banker lap then proper hotlap. P10. Nice to be able to do these back to back.

Race was awesome, had great battles, mainly with Valter. He had low wings and great straight line speed. I was on limiter all the time. I had more wings so i could keep up or catch him during the rest of the lap. Tough and fair until, well, read the incident report.. Really sad it had to end that way. Was looking for a great second stint with little less fuel and then third one when i would meet the 1 stoppers again. That pitstop bug.. man..

Last edited:
qualifying - 2nd :)

good qualifying battle with sean, we traded times at the top and he came out on top, was a very exciting session.

race - 3rd

for the second race in a row i finished in a deserved 3rd place, i wasnt fast enough to take the win or even 2nd here, i got a very good start and took the lead for a few laps but wasnt long before sean had caught and passed me, i managed to hang with seans pace for a while until reik started pressuring me then passed me, the race was pretty much about being passed at diffrent times by reik, i managed to undercut him at the 2nd pit like he had done to me a the first, our pace was evenly matched so made for some good racing, not much side by side stuff but good pressure driving.

grats to sean and reik, thanks to nico and rd and also daniel for the weather.

cya all at the next race :)

Q 9th
Not bad

R 8th
Nice race for me, especially in 1st stint with Valerio. I made a mistake in T3 first lap so I quickly was last at the start, but made my way slowly (1-stopper) up to P8.
I really lacked stint practice on this track so when I started the race with 100l I had absolutely no idea if I could stop only once, but I had tweaked Sean's excellent setup to be more gentle on tires and managed to had almost even tire wear in front vs back, so the car was consistent along the stint and to my surprise,FL was still holding when I pitted lap 21 (about 43% if I remember). I pitted exactly at the same time as Valerio, almost running into him in the pit entry, but somehow my crew was faster because I went back on track before him. I wanted to pass him on track fairly but it was hard at the end of 1st stint because tires were tired. In second stint I couldn't hold Bob Miley for long since he had tire advantage, so I finished after him.

Congratulations to once again alien podium, you are incredible guys!
CU soon, next week in rF2 I hope!

Q 12/13 dont remember:)
R 9th

Great race ,at start i jump in 8th place and managed a my position until Valter catch me and after 1 or 2 laps also Kennet in both cases i had a freeze especially when Kennett pass me the strange thing is that only in this season happen this freeze and bad sound, however ahead with report:) I was happy good position for manage a good end of race, a bit of laps aloneand then few laps before pit back me Nicolas a bit of fear is come:D but after few laps Im relaxed because I could manage the pressure so go pit Nicolas was back brake for stop in mark point arrrrggg 1m and say 1m before PC freeze so when start again the car jump ahead just 0,8m:mad:
put reverse gear find green arrow etc. explain to Nicolas because you have pass me in pit:roflmao:.
after pit Nicolas was too ahead no more battles :( so run alone until I met Valter don't know how many laps but guys what fun in a sector Valter gain on me other sector I gain on him all the laps with this style until end only a fear think in penultimate lap or so freeze again I saw Valter in my tail and I think arrgg after this nice race now I freeze, thoughts lost place Valter hit me and ruined race both but nothing is happen so i save my position and finished irace both.

Congratulations Sean Reik David and all participants:thumbsup:
Thanks PrestoGp RD and Daniel was clement this time:)

CU on track

Q - not sure
R - 7th

My best and most consistent race yet. Struggled for a full week practicing and not getting it. Made a mad few clicks here and there on the suspension and all of a sudden it was smooth sailing. My only problem was coming round T8 and having to go on the grass then into the wall to avoid a car going sideways lol. That gave suspension damage and made my laps 2 seconds slower, possibly costing me 6th place, but no worries am happy with 7th and the fact that I managed a good consistent race.

Congratulations Sean, Reik and David

[QUOTE="Valerio Vinassa, post: 1721294, member: 9651"
Great race ,at start i jump in 8th place and managed a my position until Valter catch me and after 1 or 2 laps also Kennet in both cases i had a freeze especially when Kennett pass me the strange thing is that only in this season happen this freeze and bad sound[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same freezes too, cars were jumping around. From my perspective, it looked like server lag as my screen showed smooth picture. That is not to say it wasn't my system that caused those freezes all around me either, i did have that weird pitmenu bug all thru out the sessions. Guess i have to check couple of laps before pitstop to check if everything is ok, usually i have plenty of time to do that, now the battles were so close that i called pitcrew before the last chicane, they were on time.. So if we do a little bit of roleplaying, i called them so late that they accidentally took wrong tires off the rack :)

Q: 1st A close battle for pole with David, I managed to get a good 2nd lap which was just fast enough.

R: 1st 60 63 63

After the practise starts I knew I was losing out a lot to David and Reik, some adjustments in these starts I raised 1st and then also decided to lower fuel for 1st stint.
In the race start I lost out to David as I presumed but manage to just stay ahead of Reik, the next few laps I was chasing David I felt slightly faster and knew best chance would come into turn 1 and in my second go it I was able to stick the move.
After I got passed I was able to pull a small gap and through pit stops and further stints I steadily increase the gap slowly with David and Reik battling etc.

Grats to Reik and David well done to all finshers !

Thanks to Nico, RD, Daniel and PrestoGP :thumbsup:

Cyas in Monaco :thumbsup:

Grats Sean, Reik, David and all Drivers:thumbsup:

Q. 11th

R. 10th
Good start. Nudged lightly on Kennett before T1. It went fine. Kennett and I continued that battle until L10 T3. I closed the door on Kennett and got a push that made me skid off. P8 to P12.
L13, I get visual contact with Nicolai who is in front of me. It continues like that a few laps until he goes in for service. At the same time Bob Laube is chasing me.
L19 Bob Miley and I have a short duel.
L 20 Pitstop. I go out as 13th car.
L24 I watch when Valerio and Bob Laube fights for position in front. After a hard fight between them I end up behind Valerio. He had a problem with short freezes. I almost hit him at one point. He was freeze-braking like the way an UFO does moves on the telly. He takes the flag in front of me after 7 laps of close battle. Nice driving Valerio.

It is a blast to watch the replay. What you do not understand during the race is revealed. I think it's very interesting.

Thanks Nicolai, Daniel, RD and well done all Pilots:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years