Season 12 Race 7 BARCELONA - INCIDENT REPORT

Opposite here, Valter. I found the side mirrors just showed too much sky, and every now and then showed nothing behind me. I ended up ditching them for the virtual mirror during FP, as I couldn't find a way to pitch them down.

Some games use a little arrow pointing where the closest car is, that would be awesome. The blind spot is pretty huge, thus i tend to line up behind someone immediately so they don't need to stay off the racing line if there's no need for it. I feel if i stay on the blind spot i'm abusing our safety rules in my favor and that not fair (and will ultimately lead to decrease in safety..). Also often if i stay in the blind spot it will slow us both down, better to show where i am so we can go faster.

Incidents will happen, there's no way to stop them completely. And not all of them can be agreed. We have lost members before because how we solve incidents but i do support this open discussion. The only other way is an independent judges and it' not any better, it's often worse.. Then you cannot agree to disagree and continue on, then it's penalties, grudges that linger on for long time, resurface in the heat of battle and then quitting. In the end, it's split second decisions, going with the gut and the only way to learn is to carry on. From what i've seen now driving outside Presto, my racecraft is multiple times better now. Just the skill of how to avoid running out off road or squeezing thru gaps that are not there, it gives one the opportunity to keep the pressure on, keep the fight alive. It'll surprise those who are used to being pushed off, they even often react like they are certain that it's going to be a contact. When it doesn't happen, it's a surprise that can be used in my advantage...

It takes few races for the new guys to settle in, what i see in Tito is pretty much what i saw in Alberto too when you joined. Had to keep a little bit more distance, now i can drive as close as with anyone else. This system is based on trust among drivers and you have earned that (and Tito is right on the schedule too, i leave a little bit more room but it is closing up as expected..). If you hadn't got it, there would not be so many posts asking you not to quit.. Compare this to one huge incident thread from season 5 (or 6.. 7? with F1 and my fellow countrymate..) there were very few asking for him to stay in the end...

Luckily this was the last of week-apart races, this one was pretty tough on all of us.

Last edited:
Same incident like David.

I closed up on Nelson at the last chicane. I was afraid David could get into my slip stream so I was too much in a rush to leave this section. That made me slightly touch Nelsons rear before he had a chance to move over (not sure if Nelson lifted instead of going on as quick as possible).

However I take full responsibility for this, because it's just my bad luck to arrive at a slower driver there. It's not my right to move you over. Instead I should accept the following driver gets a chance to make a move on me. That's racing. So I'm very sorry Nelson and please don't feel under pressure once I appear in your mirror again. :thumbsup: Just drive as fast as you can until you decide to give room in a safe place.

Didn't even feel anything :D If anything, I did not get out of the way in time. To be honest, I feel like I might have been a little sloppy at letting the quick guys by :redface:

I have a button on the steering wheel for rear view camera. I will have to practice the safety rear viewing more. Problem is, I have only limited time for driving during the spring season. Usually one stint to check setup and then the race night practice session. If a new unknown track is added to the calendar I am in serious trouble. The winter time is better for my simracing, it's not so much to do outside the house, but a nasty blizzard can of course change that fact :)

I have a button on the steering wheel for rear view camera. I will have to practice the safety rear viewing more. Problem is, I have only limited time for driving during the spring season. Usually one stint to check setup and then the race night practice session. If a new unknown track is added to the calendar I am in serious trouble. The winter time is better for my simracing, it's not so much to do outside the house, but a nasty blizzard can of course change that fact :)

Well, if you live anywhere near Swedish east coast, that ain't gonna happen.. We are being hit with unusually warm column of air from the south-west and western Finland just received hail and thunderstorm warnings (it's 50/50, the unusually cool sea might curb some of the energy but then again it might just make it worse).. They say it's "late june weather, not late May".. 3rd warmest in 100 years.. Yeah, climate change ain't happening.. It went from 3 layers of clothes to 1 in 3 days, 30C outside.. A lot of energy heading this way, it means..

Rear view is a skill on it's own, i use it a lot. It's my bottom left thumb button on the wheel, always been (even back-in-the-gamepad days it was left shoulder bottom button.. About a year ago i installed RBR and found that i was trying to look behind even there.. ;) It gives a bit wider view to the back right/left corners since the car model is not visible.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back