SEASON 12 Race 4 BAHRAIN INCIDENT REPORT

Home from easter holiday :)
@Tito Parisi @Alberto Casado @David Turnbull @Kennett Ylitalo

To be honest I have not read everything that has been written here, but I have looked at the video's and read the first posts and skimmed the rest.

First of all I commend Alberto, you have indeed the right idea about this thread. The incident is as you say not serious, but it is still important to help define how we race to avoid incidents. Also posting the videos is a great service to the league :thumbsup: Lastly I admire your general attitude to the league, we need more drivers like you who doesn't need to be in front to find a motivating challenge. I mention this because I am afraid you will do as Bob Luneski, disappear from the league after not finding support for his view on the contact with Julius in a club race some weeks ago. Stuff like that is discuraging.

Thumbs up to David and Kennett as well for taking time to help out. It is usually an ungreatful task (at least in my eyes) to try to lend a helping hand in this thread :) I really wish more would get involved, it would be much better with many objective and succinct viewpoints to an incident video .

My immidiate feeling after watching the video is that I don't see Tito doing anything wrong. I see a race towards an area where one will have to give in. Kind of a gentlemans dare-game. It is a bit hard to explain, but I'm guessing if we look up similar situations with other drivers we will find that one will have to drop out of the battle, usually around the second apex. From the top of my head it is similar to entering Maggots at Silverstone and the 4 apex turn at Istanbul.

If I am to attempt to explain in theory I have to say as David that you both need to drop greatly in pace to go side by side through that whole section, but it is very unlikely that it will happen at the same time; thus the first that drops in pace will likely find himself behind the other. Tito looks to have a slight upper hand in that battle.

Remember, I always try to give an objective and neutral opinion, but it is not necessarely correct.

Last edited:
Well balanced comments Nico. :)
In the end we all want to have fun and have some kind of competitive racing :thumbsup:, accidents will happen, portion of blame can be debated, but as long as we remember no one is out to do harm.
If we can learn what could have possibly been done to avoid such incident it may be avoided in the future, the close racing battles can continue, the spoils will be enjoyed :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back