Season 12 Race 10 A1 Ring - INCIDENT REPORT

One incident in turn 1 with @Nelson Ullinskey for me. Braking for turn 1, he got caught by surprise by Bob Miley in front of him. Nelson came to a near complete stop when he hit Bob, and I then bumped into him from behind as I wasn't expecting this either. Dunno really what to make of it.

I got away without damage, but did you Nelson? You'd left the server before I had a chance to ask.

No incidents in the race but in qualy. Someone spun in front of me in T3. I was doing green and with that pace i was about to do that sub 1:20 after all. I expected that since his lap was totally ruined, he would yield the driving line, he was on the left side and i tried my best to show myself up in the mirrors before going to the right and taking the line.. But.. He went on the line, braked earlier and i hit his rear: went off because of it. Was pretty furious, expletives were muttered, better not repeat them here... Not a big deal in the end, that projected 1:19.8 was two places up. Can't understand the decision to continue a lap that was totally ruined, personally if i mess up a lap i would yeild to who ever was close behind even if it was my one and only attempt. well., it could be that he didn't see me in the mirrors after all, i tried to show my wish to take the line. Noticed in the race that i took T4 the most right as i wanted fully settled car before T5, that same situation repeated but then again, it was race and i didn't expect anything else but people defending their position.

One incident in turn 1 with @Nelson Ullinskey for me. Braking for turn 1, he got caught by surprise by Bob Miley in front of him. Nelson came to a near complete stop when he hit Bob, and I then bumped into him from behind as I wasn't expecting this either. Dunno really what to make of it.

I got away without damage, but did you Nelson? You'd left the server before I had a chance to ask.

Nothing you did, April :). I think the T1 thing was simply early race jitters and stuff like that happens. No big, we all survived :thumbsup:.

What did go wrong for me was a draft coming off of Valter's(?) car five or so laps in. I was following closely, and with the draft I guess I lost down force thus grip and lost controlled which I then ended up hitting the wall :mad:.

No one was at fault for either of these incidents except for maybe myself :unsure:. As frustrating as this race was for me, I still want to do next season with you guys :thumbsup:.

One silly incident caused by me. :(

In the end of the second stint Guus closed the gap to me and made pressure on me. I defended well into the second hairpin but slightly got power oversteer in the Exit, which made my car turn back to the inside of the corner.

It felt like I could controll and catch it by just reducing power. But the loss of speed made Guus hit me, who was up to pass me on the inside allready before I could finish my catching move.

I'm very sorry Guus, that I tryed to catch it, instead of smashing the brakes to straighten the car immediately. It's clear that you would've passed me unharmed on the inside then. So that's why I waited and let you pass me after that contact.

Luckiely we didn't receive damage but we lost ~ 5 seconds. :unsure: I'm very sorry mate!

Incident with Nicolai, last turn/final lap, me going in the inside, wheel to wheel contact => Nicolai in the gravels.
Same as the incident we had in Istanbul, once again I never felt the tap (I would have stopped to let Nicolai pass me), but I think I left enough room for him. What do you think guys?

First of all the incident doesn't bother me, it was a small price for all the close racing I got to have the previous laps :) And I only dropped from 8th to 9th.

I have looked at the replay several times, and I do not feel I am doing very much wrong. Nico's car is at all times out of my sight. I leave sufficient room at apex and aim to exit wide (optimal), iow I aim for my front left to hit the white dot that is the start of the curb. This means I will gradually move my car from the off-racing line position at apex to on-racing line position at the very exit of the turn.

It could be that I turned in too much or too early, in other words that I didn't manage to execute what is described above well enough. But I would be interested to hear what people think, about my theoretical breakdown of my role and the quality of the execution.

As always, this is my view that I hope (but cannot be certain) is objective. My interest in the incident is purely theoretical.

PS: It is important to look at the aim of my car before contact, as the contact pulled my front inwards :)

i think that nicolas maybe went in a little too hot, nicolas entry line and speed is only going to take him to 1 place, where you are, similar happened with me and tim back in mmg at the same turn, tim left me room, i went in slightly hot then the rest is sync history, then again me and sean managed to get through the turn side by side last season, i think its one of those ones where it takes both to be on exactly the same wavelength for it to work in high speed, on this occasion i think nicolas entry speed and line needed slight adjusting to avoid the space you have taken at exit.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%