Season 12 and future: Platform discussion

Hmm, MAK has 1994-95 CART mod... One does not need to test if it's well done, seems interesting thou.. Just downloaded and installed, let's see.. Not gonna do any report like above..

EDIT: man oh man.. I'm pretty sure that once you guys try that 1994-95 Indycar CART mod, season 12 will be raced with those.. Exactly what the doctor ordered, wings that actually cause drag. More grunt from the engine, appropriate grip levels. http://forum.mak-corp.com.au/downloads.php?do=file&id=29

Last edited:
the cart mod isnt for me to be honest, if i remember right its only 4 gears and slower than a week in the jail to get to 100mph, i tried it around a year ago while we were thinking about season 10 platform, i didnt even bring it up because i felt it would be a backwards step.

i think with race07 we probably have the best 2 cars available to us anyhoo, the f3000 and the mmg mod, we also have formula rr too so theres no much point trying to dig out other race07 mods when the 3 we have fit presto perfectly.

regards rf2 side of things im doing alot of reading on it and how its performing in other leagues and test leagues, ill post my findings soon on it.

I think you're thinking of a different mod, David-- that Cart mod, the '94 cars have 5 gears, and the '95 cars have 6. I'm sure we can limit the selection to '95 quite easily too. I remember having a lot of fun with that mod, so would happily drive it if Presto adopted it.

rF2 has a nice range of things to choose from. Mak Corp have released a Formula 3 mod which is very good. On top of that, ISI have provided the FR3.5 (which is about GP2 speed), and their own Formula 1 cars to go along with the Marussia. Their Formula 1 stuff has DRS (I know), but no KERS. And again, Mak Corp have a Formula 1 classics mod floating around, featuring an early '90s Mclaren. So we have plenty to choose from on rF2.

I think you're thinking of a different mod, David-- that Cart mod, the '94 cars have 5 gears, and the '95 cars have 6. I'm sure we can limit the selection to '95 quite easily too. I remember having a lot of fun with that mod, so would happily drive it if Presto adopted it.

your probably right, dont know what im thinking of then that only had 4 gears, oh well, ill install them and have a try sometimes soon, right now im practising f1s from the 60s, then mmg, then renault 3.5s and the odd f3000, im overloaded by cars, i feel a mental breakdown coming :laugh:

i think the best idea for the rf2 test would be to use one of the isi cars, like the f2s or the r3.5s and if we are going to stay with it then build up slowly to the fisi or marussia in a couple of seasons or even another f1 mod anyhoo thats farther away than is worth thinking about at the moment.

just a thought though, did we have any plans to change the car in season 12 race07? wasnt everyone happy to stay f3000 or is that a topic for discussion that needs started? nico?

Last edited:
:) Yeah, Indycars do go up to 300km/h and more in oval setup. But these cars are just brilliant, i'm forgetting that not-even-properly-finished mod in favor of something truly beautiful.. No install problems, everything works, sounds are just lovely and handling is hard. If something, i'm reminded of 1980 F1 and current F3000 in steroids. I've tested 750bhp F3000 and it wasn't far from this. It is a handful, no tire warmers, takes a while to get to grip and speed. Wings cause enough drag to allow different tactics, only 20 steps which i think is this time definitely positive thing. Had some tows from resident AIs and you can base your entire race on high downforce, passing in traffic.. Or low downforce, passing on straights.

Took me a lot of laps to get even close to limits, sligthly powersliding out of corners is really the fastest way around.. And you can't turn a lot when accelerating, all the way up to third gear it can spin out.. Braking is old school, twitching, changing with a blib, keeping revs with throttle. None of that slam 100%, downshift freely.. This doesn't allow skipping of gears, at least without manual clutch (or auto-clutch, it actually might help..) Who dares wins. Tires are lovely, just enough grip and none of that different slip curves, just brutal old sticky slicks that can take a beating. Soft/medium/hard/wet, no intermediate.

I think i'll download some classic US citytrack, these things are totally lunatics on bumby surface.. Detroit 1988...

About going over to rf2.

It is easy to install and set up.

The general feeling is very good. Driving the Corvette reminds me of my boyhood, sliding the Amazon on the bay's ice :)

FFB is strong and good with G25. Feels in my opinion similar to Race07.

You can configure the pitstop as you wish and run the formation lap, which is an added bonus. (If it's like in rf1)

The opponent's cars graphics are better than my budget type of screen can show. I only look at the track and opponents anyway, so surroundings is of low priority for me.

rf2 tests.
I'd rather not buy rf2 if we're not driving it at least one test season in Presto GP. It would just lie there and take up space on the disk.

good post valter :thumbsup:

we are around 6-7 weeks before the new season is due to start to coincide with the start of the f1 season, i think everyone agrees race07 takes care of itself, barring any last minute changes, we will be running f3000 in season 12, hopefully nico can confirm that or not, once/if its confirmed ill do a sign up thread and calender soon for that.

we need more input on rf2 side of things though, how many of us actually have the game and who is willing to race in a test season? if the numbers arent there or intrest then theres not much point in carrying on with it, it would also mean people dont buy the game then not actually use it.

can all who has rf2 and are willing to test for a season please put your name down...

1. David
2. Sean

I'm in for the race07 season

I assume it will be F3000 based, (the indicar sounds nice too, but I have not tried it). I tried the MMK mod twice and I don't enjoy it, the thing I like the most about f300 is that you can overdrive and still hold it (lose time, but just a bit). Those MMK I could not, and the gear shifting killed my fingers, it's all way too fast for me.

I bought rfactor2, but I do not even know if my license is still valid. This should indicate how much I (and my G27) liked it :thumbsdown: I am definitely out of that other league.

Yeah, that indycar, while it's just pure FUN, it's too frickly and we would have 100% increase in DNFs.. It is too unpredictable and powerful. Not that i would be objecting if others really fell in love with it, i got no problem increasing difficulty level (more dnfs = more points for me, in my head )

Would really like to do a fun race with them at some point but it has to be modern, FIA grade A circuit with plenty of run offs.. ;) Still looking for few alternatives but it seems that F3000 is still the best option. There's not a lot of supply between F1 and F3000, where i think we should go. GP2 most likely would be the perfect target, too bad none are available (we could always make our own but it takes about a year to get a versatile, balanced mod suitable for competitive racing and that's without actually modeling anything, single chassis open wheeler takes at least a month to get running from me..)

Last edited:
1. David
2. Sean
3. Richard
4. April
5. Nicolas
6. Nicolai
7. Dino (but: it isn't really a test for me, I know my opinion already since I tested the mentioned cars already inside/out)

Also I would advise you guys to do this after season12 and not during.

1. David
2. Sean
3. Richard
4. April
5. Nicolas
6. Nicolai
7. Dino (but: it isn't really a test for me, I know my opinion already since I tested the mentioned cars already inside/out)
8. Valter (If it gets a full test-season in rf2, Formula1 sim, I can run rf2 and skip F3000)

can all who has rf2 and are willing to test for a season please put your name down.

I do not mind to test rF2 for a season, I understand that we run one platform only during the season right ?
I have the game already but it still as I downloaded it the first time, no tracks or cars added .

1. David
2. Sean
3. Richard
4. April
5. Nicolas
6. Nicolai
7. Dino
8. Valter
9. Anthony

8. Valter (If it gets a full test-season in rf2, Formula1 sim, I can run rf2 and skip F3000)

that would be what we want to avoid valter, the main sim is race07, preferrably everyone will participate in season 12 race07, the rf2 part is the test so i wouldnt like to see anyone sit out season 12 of race07 at all, if thats what people had in mind then it wont work, we need all our race07 racers, racing race07 :)

I understand that we run one platform only during the season right ?

that wasnt the plan that was posted, the plan was to run an rf2 test league side by side, but on an alternating week during season 12, we really dont have time to test it fully without cancelling a season of race07 so this test either gets done during season 12 or in the off season before season 13, but if we do it during off season i hope we manage to get some decent numbers to make it an informed test. :)

ill try to make some things clearer on the rf2 test......

the test seson would NOT be a full season, 5-6 races maximum
the test season would NOT be hugely competative, we would only be testing/practise
the test races would be every 3-4 weeks
the test will be run as close to race07 format as possible to avoid the need for lengthy practise
help will be available for setups, ffb tips, game setup.

the test will be as easy going as possible, theres no need to feel obligated to turn up, theres no need to feel you need to practise every day to be competative, thats not the aim, we could even look at it as a series of fun races organzised every month, whatever way we look at it its only going to be some races between a few of us, maybe upto 10-15 folk, once a month testing out a future platform.

i'll still be putting most of my efforts into race07 practise :) but i feel this would be both enjoyable and informative to us as a group.

Running less rF2 races means we can also leave more space between races, in case people want the extra practice.

One thing that probably makes things more familiar to our F3000 days is some of the cars only have one slick tire, the FR3.5 included, which simplifies strategy, and makes things more like how they've been in Race 07 this past season.

Would there even be points to win in the rF2 races? It'd probably be more appropriate for testing if not.

Thanks David , it is more clear now.

If you want my opinion i will suggest to do the testing during off season , first we all be fully focused on season 12 and second it is boring when we do not race end of season so at least we have something to do between seasons and might get full grid !

Regarding testing , to get better feedback on the platform i feel it is more helpful to pick max 2 good tracks and do the suggested races on them , it is easier to understand the new physics of the cars when we race more than once on the same track with the same setup etc..

All help regarding setup etc will be much appreciated for sure :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back