Season 12 and future: Platform discussion

but with a game with such a massive potential of real racing simulation comes lots of practice so I am afraid that the gap between the top 5 and the rest will be more that 5 seconds :geek:.

Hehe don't worry, that's not my experience at all
But yes, you need practice, especially in the beginning^^

Also about the setting up FFB part ect.
I have it shockingly close to default with my G27 :D

The only setting I altered that was not inGame is a setting about camera shaking and that's not even really an important one.

Did we watch the same clips? It's adequate, at best. On the second clip the road looks nice, that i admit. Also car models are better looking, possibly the least important thing. Having to set up wheel etc for hours is a definite red flag, like i've said in rF2 forums, it ain't good from the box. But i'm sure that those things can be fixed, just like it is with rF1.

Replays lack details in rF2, especially when they were not recorded with high-fidelity replay-setting. Something I personally only do if I plan to record a vid, because it let's the replay-size grow a lot :)

Even that highest setting is missing a lot details from actually driving:
Example of high-fidelity replay:

Setting up your wheel takes a couple of minutes and you will find your preferred settings over time when experiencing different cars.
Note that rubber building up on the track, giving you more grip over time also changes your feel for the grip in the force-feedback.

I prefer race07 ffb in a couple of aspects, but you can still get good ffb going with a G27 for example.

RealRoad feels it is not ready yet, i got the same "it's ice" with fresh track, it's exaggerated

RealRoad works accelerated atm, i.e. everything happens much faster with it. Should be normalized quite soon.

Yes fresh track is ice, because it simulates a never used green-track without any rubber. Yes I think it's a bit exxegerated too, then again, why drive on a green track?
You drive around for a couple of minutes, preferable a group of AI too and you have a lot of rubber on the track; even moreso as long as it stays in accelerated state.
Simply save your realroad-file ingame and you can now use the current state of the track as a startingpoint for the future, never having to drive on a green road again ;)

You can set the server up to start with certain realroad states ect., even different ones for different sessions.

Also the community seems to have some elitism, the kind we have at BF or even worse, ARMA. In simracing the worst bunch are probably in iRacing
The community are the guys you are racing with on the track, ergo we are the community.
No elitism here, just discussion.

sorry just to get a few things clear here, when i said id spent hours setting things up, that was my choice, you dont need to spend that time if your happy with it out of the box, i spent a long time setting race 07 up the way i liked it so dont take my comments of rf2 settings the wrong way, like dino theres plenty of people happy with it at near default settings, i just wanted slightly more.

kennett, you really need to see the game with decent settings, saying the graphics look crap because you need to run it on low is very misleading for others, your system specs just make the minimal recommended and if i remember correctly only some of your system meet that requirement, now i get the fact everyone cant suddenly upgrade their pc but to make sweeping statements like graphics are just drivable, has to be set to low, when you havent seen it looking like its supposed to then i dont know if i can take your critisisms seriously, sorry thats just the way i feel about this and theres no elitism from any of us here in this discussion, we are only trying to help you less experienced with rf2 understand that theres a great game under some of your misconceptions.

I already have rF2 ,I bought it last year, I turned it on couple of times , it kept asking for updates where I had no clue what to do , so I turned it of and never played it again .

Based on Sean, David and Dino experience with rf2 it seems the game is great for sure, I do not mind to move to rF2 but we definitely need have a PRESTO THECNICAL & SUPPORT DEPERTMENT that is willing to educate and guide poor people like me on daily basis on how to run this game to the optimum.

I am sure we are going to have the support form the more skilled guys in this field , but with a game with such a massive potential of real racing simulation comes lots of practice so I am afraid that the gap between the top 5 and the rest will be more that 5 seconds :geek:.

anything i can help with anthony id definatly try, ive already offered to help anyone who has problems with something, im not all knowing of rf2 and its settings but id help based on my own settings and experience, ive always tried to help anyone in presto who needs it and that wouldnt stop if we moved to another game, id still help where i could.

regards the update thing anthony, thats mostly been sorted now the launcher program auto update feature works, just click check for update, if theres a new one, it will download and instal automatically greatly simplifying the process for people not as technical minded.

nobody is saying rfactor 2 is bug free, its like any other developing game, bugs will be found, then sorted in either a newer build or at a later date, you just need to read about what isi has planned for rf2 in the coming years to realise their a group who are making this for it to be purely the best SIM not to please any masses.

When I say try harder Alberto, I mean try harder to understand the game not go out and try to drive harder lol or do many pointless laps in frustration lol, spend some time reading about rfactor 2 and what it has to offer with options you get and whats involved/different before you jump in go out and drive and decide your driving on ice and its impossible and give up, when its not, its actually quite easy to drive car fast and near to limit.
I can throw isif1 and f2s around just like I did with mmg and f3000. However trying to go beyond this limit is extremely difficult just as it is in rl and I tell you a fact driving the clios feels almost exactly like driving my track cars in real life even though they are pulsars and 4 wheel drive but the turn in and understeering feel is really accurate with feel of a actual road to, its only ever going to feel more and more like real life and not like driving on a track that all the way round feels same tarmac. For example a f1 driver and car cant go out on a green track with cold tire's and thrash it lol it would be like on ice :rolleyes: and he would no doubt say this is **** and give up. You don't have to take my word for it either though listen to Luciano hes prob better to judge as ive never driven a f2 in real life....

Like Dino said tracks are green get some ai out let them do laps if you want then go out you have things like saving the grip levels after session etc, so if wanting to go on for quick practise etc, the whole rubber on track thing is new to most also with the tires temps and if jumping straight fast as you can your only going to be spinning. Also steering degrees with lock combos and the few settings for ffb can make feel different for g25/7 owners I know Dino and David will help you guys there but theres also a lot of advice on isiforums.
I use default ffb and 2 or 4 filter with csw with 450 with higher lock from 270 gtr. I used to use 270 in rf2 as well to start with as using the real life degrees etc I found it difficult to drive and still do why im only upto 450 degrees this is mostly personal preference though.

I also think from my few races rf2 will actually be a leveller in performance to front guys from rest, id expect pretty much everyone who drove in presto quite well to be within the top couple secs each race and will actually cater more to people who are steady, consistent, can drive to the grip available and react better to changing conditions.

In one 40/45 club race im sure Dino never pitted, I pitted 2 and other guy 3 in top 3 at end and was no more than about 5/10 sec gaps at end I just got passed p2 last lap with Dino winning.
The videos I shown were old 1s I made at the time and just to show how easy the cars are to push upto limit and how much fun can be had. If you guys want to see how good it can look check the isi forums also a problem with youtube showing graphics smooth.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2872-rF2-screen-shots/page239

I'll Make a server and leave it on for the weekend ill have to update to new build out yesterday with some fixes, performance boost and chassis flex physic's etc and also a new demo not sure what you get with demo maybe just same.
I would also say haven't drove the corvette as its not my style so it maybe give alot wrong impression I think they should have went with clios and f2s really, you can always buy and if still convinced you hate it just get refund its deffo better way to get good idea.

If anyone got idea what would like ie fisi Silverstone and f2s Sepang or something else ? I'll make a small vmod and add it here for dl aswell as setups but for me defaults also pretty good just add some wing, most races ive found default tire settings last the longest. Atleast then guys with rf2 can have a go on it.
Gotto go out cyas later :thumbsup:.

I think we should start focusing on Season 11. I admit I get demotivated to see everybody so interested in next season when this haven't started yet. We haven't even agreed on a calendar, and attendance on the servers have been at a all time low considering we are at the start of a season.

I think the best thing you can do to make a season 12 successful is to make season 11 a quality season.

I think most of us are and were focused only on s11 and people who been around longest were also probably fine with even another possible race07 season anyway, even if with different motivation levels from some. I think most would still race in presto because its great place to be anyway and after this depending on where everyone or other games are at at and is probably the best idea to.
Rf2 still really awaiting a full season track pack/mod and all made with new real road style really, but there is enough tracks + track conversions atm, also then we get to see if Assetto is indeed going to be good enough in December, like Reik I hope they do make a good sim just the demo was lacking real ffb but never know what will come.

I was and others were mostly just trying to say that what Kennet said about RF2 wasn't quite correct and needed some more feedback with people who have the full game and have done quite a few races/practise with and have it running well.

Last time we had big change in the was when we went back to the f3000 and people who mostly wanted it now either aren't around like Peter, Marko and Kennet who thinks everything is fine apart from the platform for next season, when like you say we should just concentrate on s11 :thumbsup:

Anyway here's a vmod and silly race07esk setup ill leave server up most likely wont have time to go on if I do most likely race07spa anyway :thumbsup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p6g2engmcrnyck/Presto Fun times.rfmod

Attachments

• fisi q.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 187
EDIT: I see that my good intentions are interpreted wrong-
I'm very sorry for suggesting anything.

Request /close. delete, burn this thread..
It wasn't meant that way, nor was I thinking of you in particular. It was just a general observation that drivers didn't seem to have the same pre-season focus we are used to. And I know too well that the only way to make a season good is to make sure that all participants are motivated throughout the season (as motivation is needed for sufficient practice and high attendance).

I agree with Nicolai, it is easy to be carried away when you see and read all the sweets that the rF2 can offer and a person will lose motivation easily when comparing things to the current platform , he meant we do not start the season on the back foot..

it actually happened to me yesterday late after work , I got tempted to release rF2 out of the grave when I was reading David post that the auto update was fixed , I had some free time and instead of spending the time on practicing spa race I could not resist to go and launch rF2 and tried the formula "something" for few laps , I have to admit it felt much different compared to race 07 but I quickly turned it of , I did not want to get stuck there and lose the motivation for next week race...

we still have lots of time to decide on the future platform , so lets give this season our best to enjoy it max as usual :thumbsup:

Race07 F3000 are such fun cars to drive. I even heard David saying he prefer to lap around Spa in these over the MMG. In season 10 i think everyone agree that the side-by-side battles were incredible fun, from the front to the back of the grid. IMO, fun beats everything, beats speed F1 can give, beats the "better" level of realism RF2 can gives, though that doesnt mean there would not be such good battles in RF2, But we now have a season setup that suits pretty old computers and therefor, more possible participants. So lets focus on season 11 for now is my call.

That said, I tried RF2 last week when servers were down and i felt exactly like all new guy to this game, its like ice at first feeling, then you need to learn to steer using the throttle and brake at the same time and after i found that, it gets nice to drive. Feeling is good, i like the FFB better than race07 (after some adjustment), there is a good potential in this plateform i have to admit. Worst part is the lack of tracks, or is it just me that can't find more tracks?!?! Anyway, i see the futur in RF2 just like Sean David and Dino said, but we are now in the present hehe :) And even after getting some fun in RF2, i still LOVE the F3000.

After a long consideration, i think this discussion was necessary to visit at this time. It's pretty clear that we are limited to only one option in the future:rF2.None of the other titles, current of upcoming has what we need. Tracks will come, cars are already there. I trust that optimizations to the graphic and physic engine will be ready when we need them to be (fingers crossed). And i think all of us could benefit from more accurate simulation, most of us have driven over years with gMotor2. It's been sweet but i think we need more accuracy in the future.

Why was this good to do now? Well, picture this. Season ends, everyone takes a break. We return and find that platform is absolutely necessary to change.. What then? Many drivers would have to upgrade their gear, some of us are pretty effing poor so making those decisions are not something everyone can do in a month.

Now we can anticipate, prepare for the change and we know what kind of gear we need. Nothing has been decided and i'd be happy to go for season 12 with Race07. Most likely we can't delay this forever, userbase is at the lowest and it's not gonna grow.. Now that somekind of preliminary round of reviews and opinions are out there it's much easier to switch when it's time. No one can say we didn't have enough time to prepare ;) Not even me..

Race07, still.. But mods and tracks can be searched thru if there's something interesting. Won't oppose rFactor1 either, my ex-home team went back to rF1 and they are enjoying them selves better than ever: there's a LOT of versatility for tin roofers.. Also has the best open wheelers in the world. Race07 is in usability best second option. It may even have new releases, GP2 class or classis both sounds good alternatives. It's a good thing we have solid, good season with so tweaked regulations that there's always proven concept to fall back to.

This version of PrestoGP works like clockwork. What version would that be, v532.12314551g :laugh:

My performance is worst in rF and high power modern open wheelers, then Race07 open wheel but i enjoy this level of grip/weight/downforce a lot. Better at Race07 with high powered classic V8 and modern GTs. And maybe at the very best in rF1 with real classic, 60s-70s open wheelers (i just LUV those things...)

Last edited:
I personally don't see anything wrong with Race 07. I would be okay if we did Game Stock Car 2013, but still prefer Race 07. I would really be against it, but I guess I could do the original Rfactor. Anything else and I would not be interested.

Do not take this in a negative or offensive way, this is simply my opinion on the matter. :)

my own personal opinion is that race07 is prestogp's sim, it shouldnt change, presto's bread and butter will always be race07, wether thats f3000, mmg, whatever, i draw the line at tintops though cmon now :roflmao:

but..... times change, games change, people change, i think its now time that presto branches out into the sim world more, i think we have a great group who love race07 and love racing against each other.

myself and sean are making a porposal to the league that we could be a multi-sim league, we could run 2 sims fairly comfortably we feel, we have our member base for race07 which will be the main sim, and we can recruit for another.

what we propose is to run race07 and rfactor2 leagues back to back, with the same presto philosophy and rule set used in both leagues, at this moment theres upto 10 of us have rfactor2 so we are well on the way to being able to fill a league, recruiting for rf2 would also be much easier.

the proposal is to have a trial run of rf2 alongside season 12 of presto race07, theres nothing to say that rf2 will be the only trial either, we could have trials of other games to see what our future platform will be if it will change at all, and theres also no obligation to do the rf2 side of presto as wed still have race07 running on the usual nights and times, but i know myself and sean would participate in both presto leagues if it were to happen.

i think what everyone agrees with is the group we have is special in the sim community and we dont want to break that up, but what we need is something that keeps everyone satisfied and racing with presto, lets keep race07 that everyone is happy with and also try something else at the same time, it wont hurt :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back