Season 11 - Various settings

Maybe was fine to have a real "Entry List" what i mean is...

Marko #1
Filipe #2
Reik #3
Nico #15

and go on...correct numbers in the skin, i would like to see it, what you think??

ps:i already change my skin for #2 lool right in the end of the season :)

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2013-06-20 14-20-08-54.jpg
    Race_Steam 2013-06-20 14-20-08-54.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Race_Steam 2013-06-20 14-20-23-41.jpg
    Race_Steam 2013-06-20 14-20-23-41.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 192
...and...What about 75min. Race??
Maybe is more balanced between 1stop and 2stops keeping the x1 normal tirewear...

I have been thinking the same as you, if we make the race longer it will move the balance towards 2 stops. It would be easier though, to do this without expanding the total time frame (8.pm-9.30pm).

75 minutes race would definatly require that we expand our time frame, also I think for some the race is long enough already.

I think maybe it would be more realistic to propose the following:
Increase the race length to 70 minutes. 1 minute can be taken from the warm-up session (reduced to 4 minutes), while the other 2 minutes from better dicipline in the practice starts (everybody on track within 1 minute, and I will more quickly "click the server" to qualify session when practice start 3 has ended).

correct numbers in the skin, i would like to see it, what you think??
I have no problem doing that myself at least. That means we need a new skin pack for next season, Something we probably would have done anyway.

A common rule from lower levels of racing, and also proposed by Marko some time ago, is the rule that the poorest score out of the 10 rounds does not count (in other words one can miss one race or have one dnf with smaller consequences than with our current rules).

I am unsure what I think myself, because at the same time as it makes sense, the PrestoGP point system is first and foremost constructed to reward the 2 most important contribution from all members, namely attendance and finishing races. If all drivers throughout a season have 100% attendance and 100% finishing rate it will be PrestoGP-Nirvana.

(ps: to avoid cultural misunderstandings; unsure = 50/50, it is not a diplomatic way to say I am against it :)

:) I think the idea of 1x 2x wear needs some testing, but I was to thinking like Helder said maybe just longer would be ideal. The few minutes Nico found he could is great, this may be enough to mix it up or atleast make it more fun and a challenge, i think a 7 to 15 mins maybe around the ideal number where 1x wear 1 stop, is pushing the limits and 2 stop could have a chance but im sure at the least some tracks would have mixed strategy's with that extra time.

I have no problem with longer say 5, 10, 15, even 20 mins added to race 25 Id be thinking maybe this getting to long :) but id still go to whatever everyone wanted but didn't think anyone will be wanting shorter races ? As Nico said its probably more for people who have time limitations and couldnt go longer.

Some other ideas for possible test races, fuel use, maybe heavier(1x tires 2x fuel) may run into strategy options or even what about no fuel use we run and just change tires (x2 wear x0 fuel) we would just have to pretend we have full tanks like current f1 also improves speed of pitting and this removes working out correct fuel for race etc, but is a small loss most people tell everyone before races etc anyway. This may also affects stratagy as pace maybe a lot different with fuel loads heavy and then if 0 fuel, pace should drop as tire wears and fastest lap in stint would be 1st few.

Theres a lot of things we can do I think best to pick track we already done or all know pretty well for testing in offseason and its probably important that we do it as a mock race with as many members as poss to get idea of correct conclusions rather than individual tests.:thumbsup:

Even if we are unclear with anything from test idea, we can always fall back to same as this season and with 70 min race and it would be proven and still be slight more challenge.

Also I like Dinos 2nd idea:thumbsup: and with skins I may need some help as mines is downloaded, is it ok to change numbers in someone elses skin if you get me ?

When i was a no-lifer unemployed etc. it was not a problem to make longer races. But as it is now, the race is over at midnight here.. The longer and thus more physically demanding it becomes, it starts to eat from our sleeping time.. I takes about an hour before you are even close to a state where sleep can be achieved.. That leaves some six hours of sleep, which is okay but prefer having a bit more.

But it's great that there's a totally awesome base to use if we can't agree or tests show problems in alternate configurations.

EDIT: as i read my own text, it sounds selfish.. Our ozzie friends have to endure much harsher conditions...

In the first place I agree, that leaving everything as it is for another season would (could) be the best choice. I think we've had a very thrilling competition this season eventhough (or especially due to) we changed the car. The gained experiences by all of us should make it even more thrilling now, so why not go for it again but this time on the great tracks the second half of the year has to offer? ;)

If the majority likes to make changes to ensure more strategy options I'd support the idea of testing tyre wear x2.

During the season I found it a bit unrealistic to drive the fastest laps with low fuel but on tyres wich had been used more than half of the race. This doesn't feel balanced and makes it impossible to go into the pits earlier to avoid traffic and possibly undercut the opponent in front or to put him under pressure.

I asume that tyre wear x2 would still allow to handle the car in the end of the stint when going for a 1-stopper but make it a bigger challenge, which seems logical to me. If that would mean that a 2-stopper would be the safest and most common choice then, we could also (re-)introduce the pit speed limit so the 2-stoppers would pay their safer strategy with a longer pit time then.

I can imagine to have a test race on a wednesday and on one of the last tracks from Season 10 using the same old settings but tyre wear x2. Half of the field should go for a 1-stopper and half of the field should go for a 2-stopper. To ensure that nobody knows about the predefined strategy of his opponents, a third person who doesn't take part could randomly tell the signed up drivers via PM which strategy to go for.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back