SEASON 11 Race 8 IMOLA INCIDENT REPORT

You should you apologize to me,
not for a racing accident but for your disagree!
If we disagree it simply means we have different opinions about the same subject however it will be my pleasure to apologies to a real gentlemen like you Bob whenever it is relevant :)

regarding the incident:
After the race i had 2 minutes before the rush to work to check the replay to see what happened, i noticed that your car had contact with Tim ( see the video) and then bounced of his car and moved towards mine. i quickly assumed you lost control because of that and the accident happened , things happen, i filed it as racing incident , and i moved on.

Then i read in your 1st post ( and now in your second post ) that what caused the incident is mainly that because i moved towards you, i did disagree with that based on what i believe and what i see on my replay but i did not have time to reply to explain my disagreement.

i believe this incident started the moment Bob put his car between me and Tim , there were minimum safety margin allowed between all 3 cars and therefore the risk for an incident to happen was much higher so any small error from any driver the incident will take place and that exactly what happened, the first one when Tim and Bob scrubbed wheels but luckily nothing happened and with the second error when my car moved a bit to the left the impact happened as there were not much room to avoid it .

i believe i kept my car in a fairly strait line and moved slightly left or right within the allowed safety margin without doing any unpredictable lane changing that could surprise anyone , however it is more clear on the other videos that my car moved towards Bobs and that what caused the incident and in this case i will take the responsibility for that particular part that caused the incident and i do apologize to Bob for sending him back to last.

cu all at Hungary
and Merry Christmas to everyone :)

I agree with Anthony, that what created the situation in the first place was Bob going between the two Australian cars at the start.

If one are to judge Anthony's action, his onboard camera gives the best view. Looking at it I agree he could have done even more to keep the right side of the track (did he know they were 3 abrest?), but it doesn't look too bad (it looks like he is staying in the slip stream of the car ahead).

I think bottom line is that Bob played with small safety margins at the start and Anthony could possibly have done a better job sticking to the white line.

no, no, :)
you always have to look at the distance between
his front right wheel and the road edge on the right.

in repetition has always the one that is being watched
a straight line :)
I see what you mean Bob, i look at it a 2nd time and i see it a different way. And i think Nico explain the situation very well. Thats racing, there is always a risk going side by side, specially at the start. But isn't it what is thrilling us the most?? :)

I hope to take the start at Hungary :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned FFB oscillation on straight. There's one parameter in the controller file, FFB sensitivity. Just tuning that one parameter should take care of that problem. It's not the same as steering sensitivity:
FFB sensitivity controls how the torque is "mapped", it's curve (50% torque at 50% FFB is linear, 50% torque on 75% FFB is less sensitive)
Steering Sensitivity controls the actual steering input curve (you turn from zero to a quarter, wheels turn less than what they would on linear curve).

I have it just slightly oscillating but easily controlled with just fingers, very close to Momo default value. If it oscillates on straights = excellent cornering feedback. If it's too limb on straights, you lose feedback information on corners. With F3000 drifting in straights is a problem with it's short wheelbase and wide track width. Increasing Caster helps a lot on wandering car but it affects cornering characteristics a lot. Tweaking sensitivity until it hits the sweet spot also makes races less demanding physically and mentally as you can make pit stop adjustments, sip some water, take a puff from your favorite ecig etc. tasks that are performed on straights a LOT easier.

If i remember the setup pattern on FFB sens.. First decrease it (the actual value was reversed in the config files if i remember right, higher value means less sens..) until the car straightens itself after minor steering change (yank the wheel just a bit and let go, it should straighten itself..). Then find the other extreme, car doesn't stay straight at all and you need both hands. Go back to middle of those two values and start experimenting inside the range trying to get it to point where it doesn't correct itself but the oscillation doesn't violently increase ie it's not going into feedback loop.

If i do that in 200km/h, the wheel starts oscillating without hands. It starts out pretty fast but immediately weakens until it gets' to real oscillating frequency (which is dependent of everything in the car, tire pressure, suspension setup, geometry, fuel load..) and needs couple of seconds before it gathers critical amount of energy. Enough time to get a correct counteraction from the driver.

It takes a lot of driving to get used to new feedback, maybe wait until the end of season before experimenting (or do it separately, use old settings in races but start research in it already and implement changes to race setup gradually). Monza seems to be a good track to do tweaking, that's what i used. It's very important setting but fortunately SimBin defaults are pretty good, just remember to use the factory defaults for your wheel as starting point (Momo actually performs better in a lot of games when using G27 FFB settings but not in Race07)

Last edited:
I have to give in I'm a bit drunk at the moment, but I think I'd also not be able to follow you to the end of your post if I wasn't. :) lol No offense mate. Just my low IQ :)

ohh, my first disagree!
I did not think that I'll get something like this once
thank you very much Anthony:thumbsup:
If we disagree it simply means we have different opinions about the same subject
I don't think there is anything wrong in using "disagree" in the incident thread, it is the "dislike" that can be insulting to receive :) Unfortunatly one do not have the option to both like (the contribution) and disagree (with facts and/or conclusion) a post.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%