1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SEASON 11 Race 8 IMOLA INCIDENT REPORT

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

;)

ps. i miss n°8 :( on title sorry

edit: Thanks Nicolai n°8:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Nothing to report :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

no incidents to report

• Like Like x 5
  4. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran Premium Member

No incidents to report

• Like Like x 6
  5. contact with Bob at the start.
    i was in front of Bob, kept a strait line , i guess Bob lost control ? when he was between me and Tim , his car pushed my car a bit , i lost control and span sideways .
    no damage to my car except we both lost some positions :(..

guess racing incident .

• Like Like x 5
  6. No incident to report.

I had to leave the track in two situations where I was not able to read the car I was about to lap correctly. I think the car ahead slowed down unexpectedly before fast chicanes, but I will need to look at the replay. no big problem though.

• Like Like x 7

7. First things first:
    I agree that we say
    it was a racing accident:thumbsup:

after the replays study
    However, you can see the following:

my wheels are in front of your wheels
    the distance to the street right edge
    of you is increasing because you slightly
    move left

and I then dropped back down to the end:(

cya, all in HUNGRY :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

sorry for some of the contact in the practice starts

Had no incidents in the race apart from messing up braking points sometimes leading to cut's or wide's; sorry for that.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

incident me and Kurt lap 23 we was in battle and at the exit of the first chicane with my left front tires I touched Kurt in rear right tire is a tiny hurt but with a big spun I am really sorry Kurt not my intention

• Like Like x 5
  10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

no incidents from my side :)

I also had a few unintended cuts or wides. (I hope everyone had a few so it equalizes finally, otherwise I'm guilty :rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 6
  11. I think that was me, I saw you go off track in the 1st chicane twice trying to go past me. I tried to stick to the inside to let you past, and you took to the gravel. Then when I saw you lapping me again, I decided to do the opposite and give you the inside in case that went any better, brake nice and early, and... Again, off into the dirt. Sorry about the confusion, I did my best :(

• Like Like x 7
  12. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nothing to complain about.

• Like Like x 7
  13. No problems April.

What I would have expected you to do was just keep going normal speed and lane. I was ready to slot in behind you and wait for a safer spot.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

No incidents to report

I bit of wheel to wheel rubbing with Tim and Alex but all good fun :)

Jim

• Like Like x 8
  15. It was very unfortunate that it happened, we had a good fight so far.
    I know it was not on purpose, it is always safe to race with you no matter what car or track it is (We have had close racing many times before but I think this is the first time it was like this in 11 seasons)
    See you Hungary and continue the fight there. Meanwhile I wish you and all presto driver a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

See you all on track.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 4
  16. I should have used a comma before the word correctly :) Without it sounds a bit arrogant. Iow I don't claim I was about to lap the other car correctly, I mean I didn't read the other car correctly.

Does this make sense? :O_o:

• Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Yes Nico :D

Ps... it's "sense" ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

be good to see a video of bob and anthonys incident as they very clearly disagree with the outcome, if im not too busy later ill throw a quick one together just for debating purposes.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ohh, my first disagree!
    I did not think that I'll get something like this once
    thank you very much Anthony:thumbsup:

In this occasion, I can learn how to make videos and
    set here.

e.g. at timestamp 116.90 - 117.25 bottom left

who is further ahead? Anthony or Bob?
    who leaves his line?
    Anthony pulls inward or outward pulls Bob?

if you were outside still stayed at the edge
    it would certainly not have happened.

You should you apologize to me,
    not for a racing accident but for your disagree!
    -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
    to all
    very happy christmas
    :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

can see a bit more in this vid, i think bob was very unfortunate that he had both aussie drivers (anthony and tim) either side of him, small sync issues could play a part here, what i have noticed though going back to early last season too is that anthony has alot of problems keeping the car in a straight line, i think thats your ffb settings anthony, i had the same until i messed with them some and now i have none of the bouncing back and forth of the wheel on straights.

anyhoo i think anthony shouldve stayed further to the right, and maybe bob couldve held a straighter line, but looks like there might have been a sync issue with tims front right wheel, there was nothing really bob couldve done in that situation except not tried to get through at the start, crowded by 4 cars, if he goes right he finds anthony, left he finds tim, just in front is......... and if he lifts he has a car to the rear, i think its a bit of both, but anthonys straight line problems i think have contributed to the incident, if you need help with that i can post settings you could try?

:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1