1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 11 Race 7 Interlagos - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Hello all :)

The weather forecast for Brazil:

Varying weather expected for the weekend, where the conditions differs between the sessions. Approximately the same chance for rain or dry in a session. The rain is likely to be quite steady around medium intensity and last for almost an hour and upwards.
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

He, he, sounds promissing again! Thank you very much mate! :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Daniel, this can be a very intersting race, especially if everybody are able to avoid spins etc. (I like a challenge :))
    • Like Like x 1
  4. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

thanks daniel :thumbsup:
  5. Thanks Daniel
  6. Thanks Daniel
    Hmmmmm.....7 minute qual, 5 minute warmup, rains for an hour............you do the math :)
  7. Remember that Daniel operates with a virtual time schedule, isn't that correct Daniel? (iow in Daniel-world the qualify, warmup and race does not take place within 1h and 14 minutes. Do you still have this schedule availeble Daniel?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I think Nico is right. For Daniel each session stands for itself. So if you get hit by rain in a session it might last for an hour (for example nearly throughout the whole 62 minutes race). So if you enter the 5 minute warmup and it rains, it's most likely raining all time as it should be such a one-hour rain. Be aware that it could happen different, as it is a forecast. ;)
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Correct Nico and Reik. The sessions are spaced a couple of hours apart.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Daniel interesting weather and the race will be :cool::confused::mad::cry::rolleyes::)
    translate:1)start 2)T1 on wet 3) wet=some hit here and there 4) damage 5)running wide 6) end of race
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:
  12. Weather was at good limits, it was really hard but not impossible. At some point i thought when rain increased will we have to red flag but it stayed within limits. Did my fastest lap on last lap, i think 5th or 6th fastest. The drying happened perfectly, good humidity.

Also the weather in qualy was neat, high humidity kept the track pretty much stable, just a little bit drier in the end.

Definitely on the high end, the track had 0.75 WetGrip, that's pretty low. Combined with cold air/track, it was maybe slippier than what Daniel thought it would be. But still within limits. We had to make 4 practice start and still people spun.. We got 8 DNFs, that's a bit high but we had few completely new drivers too..
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Yeah that was really not bad considering multiple new drivers had this more difficult race as their debut :D

But really, there is no impossible conditions in race07 imo; even 100% monsoon rain is still driveable somehow :)
  14. Alberto Casado

Alberto Casado
    Premium Member

Well 2 DNFs were out of fuel, which had not much to do with the rain (maybe Reik's).
  15. That drops DNF to 6. Not bad in those conditions. Not good either but adequate, i would say.