1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Season 11 Race 7 Interlagos - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Hello all :)

The weather forecast for Brazil:

Varying weather expected for the weekend, where the conditions differs between the sessions. Approximately the same chance for rain or dry in a session. The rain is likely to be quite steady around medium intensity and last for almost an hour and upwards.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,695
    He, he, sounds promissing again! Thank you very much mate! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Thanks Daniel, this can be a very intersting race, especially if everybody are able to avoid spins etc. (I like a challenge :))

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,761
    thanks daniel :thumbsup:

5. Kurt Kjellin

Kurt Kjellin

Ratings:
    +505
    Thanks Daniel

6. Bob Luneski

Bob Luneski

Ratings:
    +832
    Thanks Daniel
    Hmmmmm.....7 minute qual, 5 minute warmup, rains for an hour............you do the math :)

7. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Remember that Daniel operates with a virtual time schedule, isn't that correct Daniel? (iow in Daniel-world the qualify, warmup and race does not take place within 1h and 14 minutes. Do you still have this schedule availeble Daniel?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,695
    I think Nico is right. For Daniel each session stands for itself. So if you get hit by rain in a session it might last for an hour (for example nearly throughout the whole 62 minutes race). So if you enter the 5 minute warmup and it rains, it's most likely raining all time as it should be such a one-hour rain. Be aware that it could happen different, as it is a forecast. ;)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Correct Nico and Reik. The sessions are spaced a couple of hours apart.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,226
    Thanks Daniel interesting weather and the race will be :cool::confused::mad::cry::rolleyes::)
    translate:1)start 2)T1 on wet 3) wet=some hit here and there 4) damage 5)running wide 6) end of race

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:

12. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Weather was at good limits, it was really hard but not impossible. At some point i thought when rain increased will we have to red flag but it stayed within limits. Did my fastest lap on last lap, i think 5th or 6th fastest. The drying happened perfectly, good humidity.

Also the weather in qualy was neat, high humidity kept the track pretty much stable, just a little bit drier in the end.

Definitely on the high end, the track had 0.75 WetGrip, that's pretty low. Combined with cold air/track, it was maybe slippier than what Daniel thought it would be. But still within limits. We had to make 4 practice start and still people spun.. We got 8 DNFs, that's a bit high but we had few completely new drivers too..

13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,741
    Yeah that was really not bad considering multiple new drivers had this more difficult race as their debut :D

But really, there is no impossible conditions in race07 imo; even 100% monsoon rain is still driveable somehow :)

14. Alberto Casado

Alberto Casado

Ratings:
    +788
    Well 2 DNFs were out of fuel, which had not much to do with the rain (maybe Reik's).

15. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    That drops DNF to 6. Not bad in those conditions. Not good either but adequate, i would say.