SEASON 11 Race 6 WATKINS GLEN GP RACE REPORT

Making a video for this race will take too much time, because it was sooo much action! In other words it was one of the best races I've had (measured in track enjoyment, not points ;)). Still not seen replay, so everything is from (poor) memory.

Qualify 12th:
I lined up with 3 laps of fuel, I think I was 4th or 5th in line, with Anthony or Tim behind. Towards the end of the outlap a green car ahead slowed a lot down, and my first thought was that it was Alberto who by mistake was in front and wanted to let cars ahead. I passed him but immediatly thought that maybe it was Guus in the green car, only trying to get more space to car ahead. Long story short, I aborted my try half way through timed lap, fueld for 2 laps, waited for opening and did an ok'ish lap.

Race 7th (2 stops):
Stint 1 (61 liters):
I managed to drop down to 15th at the start and really had my work cut out for me, being one of very few on a 2 stopper. I was fighting for positions almost the whole stint, but it was not easy. The car ahead of me usually had another car ahead of him, defusing most of my slip stream advantage. But it lead to many 3-ways battles at the end of the straights. When I pitted I think I was 8th or 7th.

Stint 2 (58 liters):
I can't remember where I exited, but I think it was around 15th.I think I might have passed 1 or 2 lonely cars (slip stream advantage), but most of the stint I was alone, hotlapping and gaining valuable time. Towards the end of the stint after everyone had pitted I think I was 3rd.

Stint 3 (58 liters):
I exited around 10th and had a trio (Jim, Bob and Nicolas I think) 5-6 sec up the road. Lots of lovely fighting, and in the end I got past and could start hunting down Alex in 6th. After some laps I could tell that I would catch up with him with at least 1 lap to try to pass. However, with 5-6 min left of the race I got confused. I only had fuel to complete lap 40, but I was sure the race was to be 41 laps. My head started to calculate how much fuel I was missing for the 41st lap, and considering either fuel saving or waiting for lead car to lap me. I did neither, but with about 3 min left I could tell it would only be 40 laps, and my focus was back on. I caught up with Alex on the last lap after the long straight and messed up my overtaking attempt a few turns later.

Epilogue:
It was a fantastic race with loads of great fights. Many names should be credited for great battles (eg. Valter and Bob), but I am afraid I will forget someone. So perhaps I need to make a video after all :)

Last edited:
My best perfomance this season!

Q = 9th
~0.4 slower than my PB, but I was satisfied starting in top-10.

R = 6th
1 stop (Lap 21).
Good start. Many good battles. Just one major mistake (T1 ofcourse).
There was a contact between Nicolas and me on Lap2. I was not sure if it wasn't my fault, so when in few laps after I saw yellow car in my mirrors, I let it pass. But it was Peter, not Nicolas :D

Nice pressure from Bob Laube during 1st stint, and fantastic danger from Nico on last laps!
I was rather slow after my pitstop, becuase I was really afraid of making a mistake and losing that high position I was holding. But in general that fear helped me to bring car home without mistakes. :whistling:

Thank you all guys for this event. Nice racing!
Grats podium!
See you at Interlagos :thumbsup:

Q. 1st
R. 1st 64 62 64 last should have been 63 also due to a miss calculation and slight panic 2nd stint i thought i didn't have enough fuel for some reason so added 2 litre's during race.

Pole was slight surprise again also with Reik and everyone being so fast in practice starts I thought during warmup i would change strategy to a 2 stop. I knew through practice 1 stop was faster strategy but took gamble that with being able to maybe get away into lead and no fighting for position it may work out.

Managed a good start ad good run onto straight and took inside for big right and was just able to stay in lead with pressure from Reik into the fast right.

After David got passed Reik t1 lap 2 with his small mistake i knew i had to push with these guys fighting for position to try and get the gap i would need.

I tried to ignore gaps and just do my laps with consistency, I think i looked around lap 8 with a big gap to Tim i think I was quite surprised at the time but was quite happy with gap although it was totally unclear what had happened to David and Reik.

A glance before pit seen Reik was back in 2nd and around 14 sec to him So was hoping Reik as I presumed was on 2 stop 1 would mean trouble.

Into 2nd stint Reik stopped lap after me so was able to try and push again thinking it might pay off and would then keep aye on fastest 1 stopper Dino. Also in this stint i said above I started to think i was light on fuel for some reason lol this affected my pace slightly until i added 2 litres.

Gap To Dino was around 39 seconds before last stop so i knew it was going to be close and I came out just 4/5 secs ahead so i could now relax and concentrate on not making mistakes, manage gap and bring car home also with lapping people it was a lot less stressful very well done from everyone involved for me yet again this season.

All in all was a good race for myself i don't think I made any mistakes was quite lucky to get win using the 2 stop strategy and circumstances of the race played their part helping it work out for me.

Thanks to everybody and Grats to Dino Reik and everyone who finished the race !

Cyas all in Interlagos !

Sorry for late report, won't have time to review the race, here is what I remember :

Q 8th
I had time to make 2 tries, the second one was the best. I still can't believe I was that fast, especially since I never tried a Q lap before the race.

R 8th
Strategy : 1 stop 100 / 92
Setup : Sean's with some adjustment for a less tail happy rear and shorter 5th and 6th gear.
After a decent start, I made a stupid mistake in lap 2 trying to pass Alex and dropped to last place. I then made my way back up to the 7th spot with a lot of overtaking and some nice battles with a lot of pilots. Couldn't resist Nicolai at the end and had to leave him the 7th place to finish 8th.
Wonderful race for me, making my way back to the middle made me race with a lot of people, that were almost all in the same strategy as me. I can't remember passing so much people in race, and without trouble since everyone were perfect. I remember a long embrace with Valter also :inlove:

Thank you everyone, you made it what I think was one of the best race of PrestoGP.
CU in Brazil.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back