SEASON 11 Race 5 ABU DHABI RACE REPORT

Q. 1st slight side on t2 I thought pole was out of reach.
R. 1st 85 85

Managed to get good start which let me take s1 a fast pace giving me the gap I needed to Gus for the straights as he had low wing I was slightly worried. I then slowly built a gap to Gus paying attention to if Reik or David got by and just staying inside the more risky kerbs.
Come pitstops I seen David and Reik pit early and I think I went in lap after David just coming out ahead of the pack they were chasing so worked out perfectly giving me a gap again I could manage to the end. Had to concentrate hard not to let mind wonder but all in all a good race.

Grats David and Gus and everyone who finished and thanks everyone :thumbsup:
Hopefully cyas at awesome Watkins Glen :cool:

Ok, please guys, give the newcomer to this harsh f3000-world some boost here...

...first lap... behind Tim (my favourite contender in the standings btw, a fair guy, as Ive said in some reports before, but I've also said DONT SPIN if I dont want to LOSE TIM, gah, IQ like a fishing-bird (fiskmås in Swedish, dont know the English word, cuz I HAVE SUCH LOW IQ) I of course SPUN tightly behind him (Peter, remember, behind another moving car, there is DIRTY AIR) and yeah, happily Peter joined and felt half the race was ruined.

A lap later or maybe two, or three, my low IQ makes it hard to recall - I managed to somewhat boost myself into thinking that I could actually still win this (low IQ again, but hey, good spirit right?!) And then...

...my first DNF... race incident that was SO UNNECESSARY where I got a front right wheel bumping into my left side between front and rear left tyres. And boom, left spin into barrier.

Ok, recovered with damaged suspension, and then, throttle down to get away, BOOM, spin left, smashed nose, front wheel(s?)... Too much throttle anyone? Yes Peter, think, or at least, try to, you may be lucky to actually succeed if you try really hard TO THINK before you decide TO DRIVE.

Q 10.
Far from my PB, but finally I settled higher than expected.
R 11. (16 laps+16 laps)
It was the most inetersting race for me in this season. During all the race I was in close battles with Vincenzo, Nico, Jim, Anthony and other guys. My pace was really good but unfortunately I had chosen a high-wings setup for the race, so I could not attack, but was often overtaken in the end of long straight.
Thank you all for good racing.
Thanks Nico, RD, SimBin.
See you at the States!

Q 13th
R 8th.. 1 stop, 92 litres each stint.. same Sean Monza setup 24/28 wings.
Absolutely fantastic race, non stop action and tension throughout the race, from the moment the lights turned green until the last second when I crossed the finish line.
it was one of those rare races when you get the chance to be involved in a close fight with a group of top drivers of your calibre, there were so many great racing moments , hard to mention all of them here.
I was on the same strategy with Vince, Alex , Jim and Nicolas, I had great racing with each person and then we had in the mix Nico who made the whole race live and tense, he was most of the time on lesser fuel and more rubber , delivering fast laps and storming through the field like a hungry tiger, I kept him on my radar for most of the time and that made my heart beating level on max for the whole race , especially the last 5 laps or so when he finally reduced the gap to less than a second and kept pressure me to steal my 8th place :p until the last second when we finally crossed the line with less than half a meter distance :geek:
Great racing from everyone , lets do it again :thumbsup:
thanks all and grats Sean , David and Guzz..:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back