1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SEASON 11 Race 3 SUZUKA INCIDENT REPORT

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

:) hope no

• Like Like x 2
  2. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

incident with Bob L. in lap 4 just before last chicane Bob spin around track JIm come out really close to Bob for me the room was too close so I take the Bob side lost wheel and wing race over.
    is an incident race happen

• Like Like x 3
  3. :cry: this time I had the laptimes to really drive together with somebody

Lap 3, getting very near Kennet, planning where to overtake, I get a tad too close, so I have to brake and I slide a bit. Steve, who was behind, tries to pass on the inside, we touch, I lose control, rear wheel out and that was the race for me.

I don't think the overtake was unfair, I simply did not see him (was more occupied catching the slide), and then the contact in the middle of the turn was final.

* I might add, I have the virtual mirror because the normal ones fall out of my screen, I believe he was right in my blind spot.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  4. the first 4 laps would sooo cool, I came up to position 12!

Unfortunately, I came to the 130R a little too far to the outer curb
    and turned at 250 km / h
    even before I came to a standstill
    I was unfortunately in the line of vale and ruined his race :(

My very, very sorry to Vale :(

Hope, we got more luck for the next events:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  5. One lapping incident with Kurt (sorry mate, I was stupid).
    A tap from Steeve at the end, no problem for me.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Sorry if I blocked you Tim. Thought it was Anthony. I got no blue flags. I always respect blue color.

Kennett, I'm very sorry for turning your car around in Casio.

- I perceived it as we raced for position. Isn't the rule that the outside car yields if there is no room when you go side by side? And in your clip it looks like there was a smallish space for your car on the left. But of course I'm sorry for the contact Steeve, it wasn't intentional to go that wide.

- No problem Alex. You didn't see what happened.

I will check the replay later and produce a better incident report. Right now I'm on my way to my daughters family in Stockholm, a 450 km drive in wet and maybe some frozen wet. Hope I can avoid contact and going off track :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

no problem mate:) happen better not happen but sometime:D

was too late try to turn on left for avoid Bob.I had chosen to move to the right because he was first to the far left but him spin again and across the track at right:mad::D

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  8. Got rear ended twice, no damage. Both in the last chicane, i had VERY conservative braking distance, sacrifing on brakes but gaining on exit.. With engine map 1 i could put throttle down before the car settled.

Vale: those situations are like a coin toss, it's 50/50 chance, left or right.

• Like Like x 5
  9. NP Nicolas no damage the car was OK

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. One of this was me :cry: I am really sorry Kennett. It was my fault.
    Later (after watching the replay) I will post an accident report (there were some) :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran Premium Member

No worries Valter, I know you are normally very good on the blue flags. It's a shame they weren't working. Luckily I wasn't going to get back past Reik unless he made a big mistake and I had plenty of breathing room behind.

Had a couple of incidents with Peter early in the race. I'll have a look at the replays later and report in.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

1 small incident to report:(

End of lap 3

Braking into the chicane I touched Bob L's rear left, this was the lap before Bobs big off, I hope there wasn't any damage that could have contributed to his accident 1 lap later?

Bob? were you ok after the touch?

Jim

• Like Like x 6
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

No incidents

• Like Like x 5
  14. No incidents if I remember correctly :)

• Like Like x 5
  15. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

no incidents to report

• Like Like x 5
  16. TS 846 incident with Peter.

Peter had a spin earlier and came behind me , he had a better exit out of spoon curve and tried a pass on me, then suddenly his front right hit my rear left , my car span and hit the wall with the front first . the car was heavily damaged , the steering wheel was bent and lost the front wing. i had to let everyone pass me as the car was un-drivable.
    After repair i came out 2 laps down :(

Peter did wait for me , I am not sure what exactly happened there , watching the replay it seems Peter lost control right when he tried the pass.

Anthony

• Like Like x 4
  17. NP, you got decent punishment as i was entering the pits anyway that lap leaving you to confusion when you waited for me to pass :devilish:,,..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 4

18. I have not noticed Jim
    no problem with me and the car :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  19. I understand your confusion Valter, i confirm we had a nice fight there for many laps but i pitted on lap 27 , I guess Tim came behind you right after that. that was an unlucky moment for Tim :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I think the other tap may have been me, but I can't find it on the replay. If so, sorry and glad there was no damage.

• Like Like x 3