SEASON 11 Race 2 SINGAPORE RACE REPORT

A somewhat late report, again.

Q: 7th :)
R: 5th :D

Q: (Btw, please let everyone go into garage before posting in chat)
I managed to do three laps. Queued up 3rd at the red lights to make it possible - aborted the first since cut in T2 and let Dino and a follower past. I thought of letting more people by, but suddenly remembered I had to go for it if I wanted to get two more laps. So I rejoined pretty tight, and it went ok. I had a whopping couple of secondss margin to finish the 3rd lap :cool:

R: 5th - 1 stop - 85 and 84 liters
Start: loose 1! fight back 1! observe the front pack - but never any realistic opportunity, stressed by Steeve from behind (if I was a female dog, and he a male, you could think he was keen on getting some puppies :D no but I managed to tail-block him by placing the tail between my oh so elegant legs :thumbsup: :sneaky:)
After 9 laps of Steeve trying to knock me up he gave up and wet into pits, so I suddenly became very alone. It became like strategy, strategy, boring, strategy, lapping, boring, shall I take 2 stops for some action instead? no - strategy, boring, overtake? seriously? no - opponent spun (after my pitstop Steeve went passed by 1 sec or so, so I guess he must have become so excited of having me around again so he lost focus when I came from behind instead ;)) aaand then it went on being boring, boring, watch people being past during their pit-visits, boring, but HEY FIFTH PLACE! WOOOOHO! :)

And Steeve, just joking around a bit here :) Thanks for your apology before also - I guess we all learnt a small lesson :thumbsup:

Q 18th
Slow but I never had time to train for Q.

R 14th
Started with 112l of fuel and intended to make 2 stops, one for tires only and the second for tires and 58l of fuel.
I managed to get myself out of trouble in the first turns and was up to 12th place at turn 8. Jim made an impressive pass at turn 10 chicane and I ended the first lap at 13th position, with Vincenzo on my tail, who passed me in turn 7 shortly after. Alex did also in the same turn, on this outside this time, one lap after, and then I was sandwiched between Alex in front and Valter in the back for a long time. Valter and me had a contact in lap 5 while I was doing a power slide exiting turn 9. At lap 10 Nicolai was gaining on me but he couldn't pass me until I pitted at the end of the lap. My pit was not very good, since I ran into the wall entering the pits and overshoot my box, but since I didn't need fuel I knew my pit stop would make me win some 10 seconds on the other pilots.
After everyone stopped I was in 13th place, and quickly passed Bob and Richard who were very slow at that moment. Some laps later Richard began to put some pressure on me and almost passed me back in lap 18, but he made a mistake and I was safe again. Then it was Vincenzo but I managed to make good laps and was safe until I pitted at the end of lap 22.
Exited the pits at the 17th place and hoped that the pilots that were close behind would stay behind after their pit. Nicolai was a few seconds behind me before I pitted, but he gained some time while I was slowed down by Valerio at the end of lap 24, and he exited the pits under my nose, but unfortunately too close to Valerio and there was and incident between our 3 cars. It seems I recovered the best, and I had the 12th place, and then 11th since I passed Vincenzo who pitted in lap 28. Jim was then a few second behind and I had to make perfect laps in order to stay away from him. In the end, I noticed that I couldn't make it to the finish line since I lacked about 2l of fuel, so I had to lift off in the final lap just before I could attack Eliezer, and had to let pass Jim, Vincenzo and Nicolai and finished without fuel and engine at the 14th place.

It was an enjoying race for me, unfortunately my fuel calculation were wrong and I couldn't manage to attack other pilots at the end (I was always the hunted and not the hunter), but I'm very happy with the challenge this season, and I hope to do better at Suzuka, one of my favourite track. CU there!

PS: I also had some cuts and a lot of wides, especially in the first stint since my car was heavy with a lot of fuel, but I assure you it was not my intention to gain some time. I consider every cut and wide as an error (as touching the wall), and I made a lot during that race. I hope I'll be more prepared next race.

Well, sorry for frightening you. :whistling:

When pulling over initially for the first millisecond I thought: "Why is he braking so early before the usual mark?" The next millisecond I thought: "Oh dear, not again!!!!"

I remembered that I did the exact same misscounting of braking marks like last Singapore event with the F1. In other words, I was one mark too late and therefore very happy that I didn't take David out. I'm happy that I didn't lock tyres behind David by just smasing into the brakes but turned the wheel and braked afterwards.

I'm frustrated that this own mistake took me the chance to have a nice battle with David and maybe Dino in the end of the race and prove that a 2-stopper had a chance, too. :cool: Better luck (skill) next time I must say. :O_o:

Hi Reik
I remember that to:=) damm miss to drive whit u Guys..

Last edited:
Grats Sean, Dino and David!

Q: 17th

R: 16th

Two stops for fuel an tires. Rather a lot of wing, max actually.

I had a good time. I'm glad there was no serious incidents around me.Thanks to all of you that was in close distance from my flying F3000. You made it worth practicing for the race. I was too slow to follow the midfielders this time, but I hope Suzuka can work better for the team.

Thanks Nicolai, Daniel, RD and all involved!

Hi Reik
I remember that to:=) damm miss to drive whit u Guys..

Good to know to have members around who actually don't drive. Would also be nice to meet you and other former drivers on the practice servers.

When I practice, I most likely do hot lapping on the qualy server. So if anyone jumps in there I'm happy to have a few sprint races just for fun. Had some great action with this format in the past. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%