Season 11 race 10 A1-Ring setup

Let's hope I don't join late again like a moron and cause myself to get kicked :p

Gonna be fun ;)

as long as your in before the end of practise all will be fine, but.. are you ready for it?

ive noticed youve no times set on a1 ring on the presto site, have you done any offline practise for the event? and theres possibilities of the race being wet at some point, will you be fine driving in the wet?

jumping in at the last race of the season and it maybe being a wet one it may be too much for some folk to start out on.

as long as your in before the end of practise all will be fine, but.. are you ready for it?

ive noticed youve no times set on a1 ring on the presto site, have you done any offline practise for the event? and theres possibilities of the race being wet at some point, will you be fine driving in the wet?

jumping in at the last race of the season and it maybe being a wet one it may be too much for some folk to start out on.

I'll be fine ;) I'm far from a beginner in any weather conditions...

Getting a "Connection Lost: You have been voted off" message as soon as I enter the server. Am I still on the ban list or something?

CC @Valerio Vinassa

You clearly don't know my schedule. But go on, be judgemental ;)

Here I thought this league was for fun, but clearly I was incorrect.
The league is meant to have some fun, but there is a high standard according to the serious of the drivers in. It is a great accomplishment to be a PrestoGP champion, therefore, like David said, its not the best idea to join a final season race for your 1st ever race in the league, specially when there are 3 possible champs.

Don't take it as offense. Even the fastest rookies go thru the same process. Safety is #1 and that aspect can't be confirmed without getting to know each driver. That takes a bit of time. People who have joined mid-season all have shown consistent laptimes before the races and proper attitude. I've been generally happy with all the rookies this season and i can fight with them with confidence.

This is not as "exclusive club" as it may seem. Getting in is super-duper-easy, at least drive few stints on official servers so that there is some way to confirm. There has been very very few who "doesn't make it" and mostly it's the attitude. We do take this a bit too seriously but it's the only way to keep it friendly without official judicial and penalty systems. Having a 15 lap streak with competitive lap time and variations of +/-0.5s: everyone is more comfortable after that.

In time, people get to know each other, gains trust: i had to drive with every single driver here wheel to wheel without giving up but not touching either before i could feel that i have that trust. And i've made mistakes too.. People train for two weeks, each according to their method, need and possibilities. I'm one of the least lapping drivers per race and i got my personal reasons. Before todays race, i had three race stints = one race length in total. I can say without any doubt that i had 100% trust on everyone on the grid.

It's just my "method", Kimi style of doing very few but methodical, efficient practice to have a good mood and energy in the actual race. Two years ago, when i joined, i did +200 lap practices... Last season before this, i did usually +100 laps more than what i wanted, out of respect for everyone else on the grid. People here know that history firsthand (man i was a real douchebag in the beginning, trust me on that.. i was angry, frustrated, exhiliated, depressed, then angry again, blamed everyone here for being a close-nit dicks, almost burned bridges, came back etc...)

It takes a bit of time to get what this league is for but one thing i know for sure: this the best and fairest of simracing leagues in the existence so it's worth to stick around. Season just ended, next one starts and it's the perfect time to start doing the off-season work. For rookies that means showing their faces in Fun Races. The Cold Laps event is perfect.. If anyone can stay on track 100% on that evening, he can consider to be world class driver in safety.

There has been very little talk of Super License as it has been deemed unnecessary (and it is...). One thing would be to put something in the rules that it can be used as a basic tool, some sort of driver test since a lot of new drivers do ask "what are the requirements". All we have now are a bit vague.

i 100% agree with nicos decision here, you must remember dewald that nico does whats best for the league at all times, if earlier youd replied to my questions with yes ive been practising offline, yes i have experience in the wet, and also stated that you understood that theres a championship battle going on and youd have been the only new guy, everyone else is well versed in how to treat traffic and other situations, if youd have replied to these then you might have had a chance, but to be honest anyone can walk in here and say yeah i'll be fine, many have tried only to discover that their a bit out of their depth, im not saying you would be by any means, just that there was a lot riding on tonight and it wouldnt have been the best intro for a newcomer to our way of doing things.

season 12 sign ups will open in the next 5-6 weeks most likely, if your serious about joining then get to know the guys on the servers, do some laps that show that your pace is comfortable with us and there should be no problem with you joining presto.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back