SEASON 11 Race 10 A1 RING RACE REPORT

First of all huge, huge congrats to David for winning the championship! :thumbsup: It feels pretty much deserved as your general speed nearly ever was the highest.

Also big grats to Dino and Sean for making it such a close battle until the last event. :thumbsup:

Q: 3rd
Managed to put in a solid lap in the first attempt. Was lucky to do so, because when I wanted to push harder in my second attempt I already crashed in the last turn before even starting the flying lap. :rolleyes:

R: 5th
strategy: 23 laps, wets, 90 liters / 23 laps, wets, 90 liters

I had scheduled for a 1-stopper in the dry and noticed during the practice starts that I also had a good balanced car with 90 liters in the wet, so I decided to go for it this way.

I had a nice start behind David and Sean but Sean had troubles with traction and holding the line, so I had to brake a bit and lost two positions to Dino and Peter. I had a close fight with Peter for about 2 laps before overtaking him and gaining P4.

From there on Dino had a constant gap of ~ 2 - 3 seconds to me when Sean and David disappeared by slightly increasing their gap to Dino and me. A few laps later Dino and I passed a very unlucky Sean who had spun in the second hairpin. So I was 3rd now.

I hoped to be able to close up on Dino but he did well in keeping the gap of 2 seconds or so and David slightly disappeared until he came in for his first stop, which was a small surprise to me, seeing him going for a 2-stopper.

In the end of the stint Dino slightly had increased the gap to me when I pitted one lap earlier due to closing up on cars being one lap behind. The stop went well taking wets again, a few drivers passed and one lap later Dino joined in front of me by 2 seconds again.

Due to lapping I was able to close up on him but not to make an attack. So a while later he had back the good old gap. Then David went in for his second stop so I was P2 behind Dino leading the race.

I slowly started to recognize that wets weren't the best tyres anymore. So I could just try to hold it on the track and make no mistakes. But it got worse and worse, feeling like driving on ice. So I unfortunately lost it twice after the second last corner and had to leave the track there whilest Dino didn't make a mistake. Top driving mate! :thumbsup:

Due to that David came closer quickly and finally got his revenge for Hungaroring making a nice outside pass on me in the second hairpin I think. ;) So I was in P3 again

The last two laps were very breathtaking as Sean behind me came very close on better tyres. I hoped to hold him behind me but in the last few corners he catched me and after the final corner also Vincenzo mamaged to catch me. :thumbsup:

Finally I finished 5th after a very tough race wich looked more promissing in the beginning. Looking back I'm unhappy that I didn't make a 2-stop-strategy, which I most likely did earlier in the season. On a 2-stopper I would have taken slicks for the 3rd stint which could have been a succes but who knows.... :whistling: :)

I like to thank all drivers from PrestoGP very much for making this a great season. I don't highlight anyone special in this matter, because only the whole bunch makes this the best place to race. :inlove:

From the supporting aspect I very much like to thank Daniel, Nico, RD and everyone who gave his input here like setups, videos, tips, fun and so on... :D

I hope to drive as many seasons here as possible, so see you all then. :laugh: :thumbsup: ;)

David slightly disappeared until he came in for his first stop, which was a small surprise to me, seeing him going for a 2-stopper.

truth is reik, i hadnt a clue what i was going to do, its the only race of the season i was at odds with myself at, dry 1 stop wouldve been what i went for, but soon as i seen the practise starts being wet the doubt crept into my mind, i also felt daniels forecast left the possibility of a dry track at some point in the race so i gambled big time on what could happen, if it had stayed wet then the 2 stop wouldnt have worked for me and id have been around 4th or 5th, but it worked for me perfectly, you live and die by the choices you make, i survived the hardest choice of my sim career so far :) thankfully lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back