Season 11, Race 02 Singapore setup thread

I made a video of my and David's best lap (1:44,997 vs 1:43,465). Maybe I'll post a video if I find the time, so far I have only studied the two laps.

What I find (not surprisingly) is that the differense in lap times comes from minimum speed in the turns. In almost all turns David has a between 10-25km/h higher minimum speed than me (the faster the turn the greater the difference).

My guesstimate is that this difference comes from a stiffer setup and more camber on David's side.

Last edited:
is that through any particular phase of the corners nico or through the whole corner? obviously entry could be explained by the braking procedure, apex and exit could just be that im using max wing and downforce at singapore, ive actually set the castor to a lower value to try induce less camber at the front so as limiting the understeer slightly, my setups are always to the understeer side but i felt it was too much at singapore, rear camber ive had slightly lower than usual to try get the traction needed.

id like to see your vid if you do find the time :thumbsup:

Most of the laptime on this track is found in the fact how much of the track you use. That's atleast what I've found out now, as I was driving some lines that were to wide before today.

I seem to have sooooooooooo freaking much understeer and don't know how to reduce it. In the club event it was so apparent to me every time someone was behind me they could take t1 for example so much faster as I had to down shift 2 times just too make the corner. I don't know what to do

I seem to have sooooooooooo freaking much understeer and don't know how to reduce it. In the club event it was so apparent to me every time someone was behind me they could take t1 for example so much faster as I had to down shift 2 times just too make the corner. I don't know what to do
First of all, make sure you are using the full width of the track. I gear down once at turn in (65-70m?) and once more before apex and then almost straight on throttle. Make sure your turn-in points are consistant and that the turn in is smooth and controlled.

Setup wise you get more relative front grip if you soften front/stiffen rear (springs and arb). The toe in/out is also supposed to make turn in easier/harder, but i don't use that setting much myself (I just reduce it a bit to reduce tyre wear). And wings of course makes a difference in high speed corners (reduce rear for less understear) Correct me if I'm wrong ppl :)

Having said all this, my "speed" comes from doing +/-150 laps on more or less same setup within a few days :)

Last edited:
I have been using this setup through every practice that I've done now but have thought about reducing rear downforce abit but it's the same level as David's setup as it's based on that. But thank you will try and change some suspention geometry a bit more.
As for the turning in points I try too keep to the same points but in race two I think I got flustered as I'm not use too so many fast cars behind me (was tempted to switch the mirrors off ;))

Throttle control especially with the f3000 can make a big difference to understeer and oversteer, if you can try and use your throttle by just creeping down on it you should find it moving more from understeer to oversteer. I think being able to get round the slow turns especially with as much mid throttle as possible will help you steer car where u want it.
Try going into a turn putting your steering to where it feels like maximum turning point of car this wont be max steering angle, and then slowly applying more throttle without changing angle of your wheel you should feel car steer more. You should find you can actually finely tune steering of car by just using throttle.

Also I can give you my money back guarantee that my setup is going to give everyone a pb :thumbsup: just put some laps with no changes other than steering lock which should be to what you usually use most races. Find a smooth line and don't try and force the car round the track I often stop when I find im trying to hard to beat my own pbs. My setup is based on Davids to just lowered softer with couple other small things it should suit you as David also improved with my edited setup.

Last edited:
Absolutely fabulous setup, million thumbs up. :thumbsup: Only needed to raise diff lock one click (inside wheel was spinning way too often) and lower brake pressure (too many lockups with worn tires.).

EDIT: What kind of times i should do in race? Currently i'm pretty firmly on 1:49s on race fuel, two seconds faster is my pb but i wont be doing any qualy practice anymore ( i did only 10 laps worth of empty fuel tests anyway, seems like a waste of time for me).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years