Season 11 - General Discussion

As for setups, i think Bahrain is a good base for Monza. All i need to know is wing levels used and the rest should be fairly similar.

Sorry for double post, didn't want to go full walloftext.

Google terms (not in any order): Contact patch, thrust angle (or camber thrust), slip angle, damper rebound and bound, toe-in/out, suspension geometry, caster angle, anti-roll, load transfer (or mass transfer)

This has pretty much basics covered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_setup

About grip/control. You can't have both. Either the car has huge amounts of grip but you as a driver can say very little where that grip is taking the car. Or you have great control but the car is "sliding" all the time. Racing cars are setup for more control because we have extra grip compared to road vehicles.

Last edited:
It looks like I may be unable to attend the SPA race.
I am moving this week to situate myself closer to the University (beginning a Bachelor in animation).

I have not been given a date that tells me when the ISP will install my connection.
If I am unlucky it could be after the SPA race. :unsure:

Will let you know if I am able to attend or not in a weeks time.

I do statistical consulting for manufacturing process optimization....yes a Statistician that sim races who'd have guessed. I'm working with my current client to only be onsite 1/2 day on Wednesday's which would allow me to be home in time to race. Nothing is final. Even if it works out there may be instances where I have to be there all day on Wednesdays with little or no notice if there is a problem in the factory. Should I sign up as "may be able to make some or most of the races" ?

A fun idea came to mind: A fun race before the season starts in Cicada. Date would be between our two week regular schedule. Reason for using that track: first, personal.. It's sad that it just sits unused.. It's FIA grade A track.. The second reason is that it's excellent track to master F3000. I designed it for personal F1 practice track but it's tweaked to accommodate F3000/IFM type open wheelers too. It is very challenging and the most important lesson is mass transfer and inertia, with some corner exit and off camber corner exit. Before Spa, i'm actually 100% certain that everyone would benefit from it.

Personally i think i'll start to use it as a warmup/reset tool (take few laps before regular practice, test setups etc..)

id be up for a practise race anywhere really if there was enough participants intrested, id planned for a spa practise race but due to personal circumstances have had to take a small break from everything, nico made a good point about it maybe taking away from the event and id agree with that.

if enough intrest is shown ill arrange a fun/practise race before the season starts :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I was just introduced to this league by Mr. Bartik, during some public racing today. He recommended me to join.

Even if I haven't been around here so you guys know me, I signed up right away. With 20 spots taken I felt I had to, right? ;) I think Ive run into some of you guys tho.

Please let me know if you want me to "prove" my level of driving or anything. I have been running some WTCC-leagues but have got a taste for formula cars lately.

Your league looks to be a high-quality one - the philosophy and codex seem great, and the commitment-bar feels high. I hope to be able to participate.

/Peter Decker

Welcome Peter! ;)

As long as you show the right intentions you're fine to join. :thumbsup:

I see you allready registered at prestogp.com and had a go on our servers. I'm sure servers will get more crowed when race day comes closer. So I hope you'll meet as much people as possible there to get to drive with us.

We recommend you to read as much as you can through our sticky threads and follow actual event preparation threads to get to know as much about how events take place and what kind of rules we have.

Nevertheless it could be hard to find each important information, so please don't hesitate to ask anything. ;)

Good luck mate! :D :p :thumbsup:

Had this strange behaviour from my Race07 yesterday. Every time Esc was pressed for returning to pits the game and steam crashed. If Esc was first fast-clicked then pressed down no crash occurred. Hope a reboot will help. Was too tired to wait for that and closed everything down and left. It will be interesting to see what happens in this silly metal box for the next session.

Hi all,

I’m back (again). Sorry for my long absence over the brake and thankyou to all who have clearly been putting in much effort ahead of this season!

Lots of stuff has been going on around here which has kept me from race07. A Few real world activities, some happy and some sad, though notability we have a baby on the way which could well change things a bit. I have also once again have been dabbling in iracing over the break. Some good fun with regular racing over there but not the same as a good bunch of guys preparing for 1 big event every couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to the season ahead!

Couple of questions about where we’re up to...

I’ve just read through the Season 11 Calender thread. The dates of the races are as per Nicos first or second post? (I’m sadly unavailable on the 11th Sept the same as Reik)

Did we reach a conclusion on tire wear and fuel use?

Looking forward to the first race! (Spa on the 28th...)

Tim.

Hy Tim, great to see you back here! :thumbsup:

I'm so happy to here about your familiy growing soon. :thumbsup: :D (What's the predicted date? Was it the reason for Jodies illness, when you met us? :whistling: )

You don't need to worry about the 11th September! If I'm not mistaken, the majority agreed in this thread to start Season 11 on 4th of September and go on two weeks later.

In the same thread we reached the conclusion (out of two prior test races) to use the following format for Season 11 (see post #15 and following):

Time - Qualifying starts at 8pm UK-time Wednesday 7th August
Car - F3000
Practise - 1 Hour
Practise Starts - x 3
Qualifying - 7 minute Open session
Warmup - 5 minutes
Race Duration - 62 minutes
Pit stop limiter - Off
Weather - random :) (created by Daniel Hansson again :thumbsup:)
Tyre Wear - x2
Fuel Usage - x1

these will be the settings used in the upcoming season, the only thing that will change depending on track length and laptime is the qualifying session, minimum should be 7 minutes, maximum 9 minutes for a track like spa.

We explored, that 2 stops will be the most common way to go for, as you most likely get the best average lap times during the race on a lighter car. Nevertheless the practice races weren't that crowded so the influence of traffic could change things. Also we might have tracks with a general lower tyre wear, where the brave could gain something by a one stopper. The good thing is also, that even if msot drivers go for 2 stops, we might see nice variations in stint lenths and when to use how much fuel. In the test race I always feared, that another 2 stop driver could have carried more fuel and therefor make a shorter pit stop. That was cool and tough to stay calm. :cool:

The new open qualy means we have traffic again and respect each other. The duration of the session might give you the options to go for 2 timed laps in a row or abort the first timed lap after an early mistake and start a second run. We agreed to wait for the green light at the pit exit when leaving it...

Any questions and additions on that? ;)

Thanks Reik for summarising the settings for season 11.
My computer was fixed few days ago and have not been on the forum for ages now and I had in mind somehow that the season is starting on the 28th of September , and today Tim messaged me and told me that we are actually racing next Wednesday :confused::geek:.
I have not done any prep yet, but I will do my best as usual to be on track on Thursday morning :thumbsup:
Welcome to all the new comers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back