1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 10 Race 6 Shanghai setup thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Starting this now as i need setups.. I'm using Helders Melbourne as a base, doing 1:49s ATM.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Hi Kennett, i am so noob that i didn't even saved my setups from my 1st and only practcie at SHANGAI. But i used my sepang setups, with longer gear ratio. Made 47:7. You can try this one and give 2 clicks longer for 6th gear, and longer fomr 3rd to 5th also. I'll update this setuo next week.

Steeve

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  3. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

I tried Reik's Sepang settings today. W 20/24 felt ok. Race fuel. Different gear box. I think I will try springs 95 in rear next time. I like the way it turns in. Thanks Reik.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Here's mine pretty much same as last race will update managed a 46.7 so far:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  5. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Sean, did you also your 1:46:3xx with it? Of course it would be great to see a vid of a 1:46:3xx but I know it could be asking for too much as I know how much time it takes to record, convert and upload such stuff. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

heres my pb so far, 1.46.2, my setup is attached :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  7. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ye Reik, but with prob few edits ill add latest edit here and vid, what ive noticed I think is from 18/18 to 23/23 I can do pretty much same times and the track likes soft springs in my pb I thinki I used 50 front 60 rear springs but this affected my top speed I found out later, with amount of car scraping. im using 55/75 springs now, 21/22 wing. Also cldnt get rid of mirror in replay lol so gears etc wldnt show up lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Oh dear! There's much to improve for me. :confused: Looks like a soft setup is good for those very slow corners, so my harder one from Sepang may not be the potentially faster one.

Thank you Saen and David very much for your help!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. David and Sean your setups ROCK on this track ... i did my recent PB with Sean latest setup grats m8 :thumbsup: .

• Like Like x 4
  10. I trust you can do it CHAMP , keep pushing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And quess who would be flying on this track then ??? PETER be prepared, Nico is in HUNTING mood :D:geek::roflmao:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Here are my setup's (so far). They are as Anthony anticipated soft and also relatively low on wings.

Hehe, very true Anthony. But if I do not remember wrongly, Peter is himself a "softie" :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Again big thx to David! Was able to drive a 46:2xx too with just minor changes. Even though I post the setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6

13. I will check what u have adjusted Reik, I was testing both setups yesterday and noticed that David setup was a bit more balanced than Sean one but i could not beat my 147-4 time, maybe because I was too tired to try some changes as it was past midnight over here or maybe because the car was dragging a Christmas tree behind it on the long strait,. not sure .:whistling:

With Sean setup i found it a bit sharper at the turn in point which is excellent, no christmas tree on the long strait but the rear felt a bit too soft for my liking and somehow I still manage to beat my pb twice in a row with it . ;)

• Like Like x 4
  14. The FIA intelligent spy satellite was last night over the rainy Queensland territory and spotted an intensive track testing of a camouflaged F1 like racing car on the wet Gilberton-Norwell circuit in the area .
    someone was sandbagging for sure , does that mean WAR?:ninja::D

• Like Like x 3
  15. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

heres a small tip anthony, dont chop and change setups often, just load one, and keep driving it for a while, i havent changed the setup since the second night i started practising with it, i aim to hit a peak with what i use then consider making small adjustments, if you make adjustments too soon you end up not knowing what you actually need to be fast and consistant, my setup hasnt changed a whole lot since istanbul in the first race, now i know exactly what happens with the car any small changes i make as im in tune with how the car reacts.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Slight edits 45.7 pb mainly preload and harder rear springs helped overall time I think, and a few practise sessions :) I will add vid later

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  17. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Ouch, sounds impressive Sean! :thumbsup:

Now you're in a row with Marko to have the best chances to win this race - hope it puts both of you under pressure a lot! :devilish: ;)

• Like Like x 5
  18. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Reik, don't worry about me no pressure :) however if I was leading this Champ or was previous season's champ, im sure id be feeling the pressure :whistling: :giggle:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

My lap here at Shanghai

Thanks to David for most of the setup I'm using :)

• Like Like x 8
  20. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Heres vid of lap thanks to Davie,

• Like Like x 8