1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 10, Race 3 at Nurburgring - General discussion

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Anthony Ishak, Feb 22, 2013.

1. where to download the correct Nurburgring track ? it is showing unknown track on the server.

thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. You need GTR Evo pack Ishak

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony, is the situation that you do not have GTR Evo? I might know a way to fix that in that case ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ah thanks guys , i deleted GTR Evo last season when we had issue with steam... it is ready now and the track is there .:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  5. I have to install Evo aswell yesterday. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 6
  6. I thought the times on PrestoGP for this track were just taking the mick with me doing 1:47s, but after hours of practice down to 1:44s, but that is my limit, it's as fast as I can safely go without spinning.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I'm sure the fastest guys will post a hot lap video, so others can learn from it (including me ;) ).

If I find the time, I make a vid of my 1:41:9xx, too. But I'm sure the best guys will improve soon.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Hello Bob I think we will meet on the track:D

• Like Like x 6
  9. I remember loving driving the F3K in the rain. Based on the weather report, maybe converting at least one of the servers to having rain consistent with the forecast would be useful :) Pretty please ;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. You can chose anything from 10%, 20%, 30% up to 100% wetness, that is the limitation of the server without a custom made weather.txt file. What would you like for the wet server?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Here is my 1st video. Special thanks to Marko for teaching me how to make a video :) Its my pb at Nurburgring so far. its far from fastest riders time but i think it shows a pretty good racing line.

Hope it can help someone :)

Steeve

• Like Like x 6
  12. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

can compare it to this one steeve :thumbsup: couple of mistakes so still plenty of time to be had for me.

• Like Like x 7
  13. thanks David, its hard to tell where you gain that 0.7 on me. it would be nice if i was able to put your lap as ghost over mine. This way i would see it clearly. There must be a way of doing that....

• Like Like x 5
  14. David does one good hotlap in time attack, posts it online and you load it. One of the perks of using default content. Does not need to be PB, a good clean run is the best.

• Like Like x 4
  15. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

sorry no ghost laps, thats making it too easy :p my new setup is uploaded to the setup thread, although not much change to it.

im noticing a number of places where im gaining the time steeve, using 1st gear in these cars isnt worthwhile if youve got decent acceleration with your 2nd, it also keeps a higher average speed up than dropping a gear and loosing speed, im also a lot tighter to a number of apexes during s1 and s2, hitting the apexes makes exits easier so you get the power on earlier and carry alot more speed, the most important part is practise and experience with hotlapping though.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Here's the vid. I think I can't improve anymore. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  17. I agree on my lap i miss some apexes, and i have to say i was surprised to end up with my PB knowing i miss these. Better example is T2, its the one and only time i run over the curb there on the outside (cos i miss the apex) but was my best sector 1.... ?!?!?!? i might have gain somewhere else without knowing how... lol.

As for downshifting in 1st gear its new to me. Its because i use Helder setups for gearing (i thought it must be good as he did 41,7), but i am normally never using 1st gear with F3000.

I load Reik and your's setups and compare them with mine. I built a "combined" setup with mine, your's and reik's. Will test it on monday night. hopefully i'll gain a few tenth :)

Have a good week-end!

Steeve

• Like Like x 7
  18. Remember, XD has delta times.. It's really useful for finding the quickest lines as you can see the difference to previous fastest and previous lap on every turn, updates ~1/s

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

My hotlap video:
    Very close with the white lines a couple of times, but somehow still in bounds :D
    The setup is mosty the one from David

• Like Like x 6