Season 10 - Race 2, Silverstone - Drivers meeting

Turn 1 for the start may be tricky, Also pit exit has no white line.
We stay right on pit exit if blue light flashing, and until track is seen to be clear on entrance to track ?.
i think that pole position should have priority at turn 1 silverstone, if your attacking from p2 on the grid or the inside in general, to take it at any sort of speed puts your exit on a wide line, to take it tight gives you the problem of the big bumpy kerb that can spin you out, i propose that if pole is half a car length ahead at turn 1 then whoever is p2 yields and falls in behind and can attack at turn 2 or t3, two cars going in full speed doesnt work side by side here unless both are more safety minded than position.

i think that pole position should have priority at turn 1 silverstone, if your attacking from p2 on the grid or the inside in general, to take it at any sort of speed puts your exit on a wide line, to take it tight gives you the problem of the big bumpy kerb that can spin you out, i propose that if pole is half a car length ahead at turn 1 then whoever is p2 yields and falls in behind and can attack at turn 2 or t3, two cars going in full speed doesnt work side by side here unless both are more safety minded than position.
I experienced this at the FRR fun run during one of the practice starts. I was on the inside entering turn one [too fast] and ending up going straight and off the track to the left; it was quite embarrassing really.:redface: I could not get my car [FRR] to turn sharp enough and so I left the track boundaries....and I wasn't 2nd on the grid. I think all who are on the left-hand right-hand side of the track may well be at a disadvantage going into turn 1. Odd numbers may be highly prized in Q.

No doubt this could be even trickier should our 'weather god' showers up with his 'blessings'.:notworthy:

David, Peter and everybody else. I think it is a good idea that we take the discussion on Sean's post in the drivers meeting in this thread, and once a conclusion have been reached Sean can edit his post accordingly. (therefore I moved David and Peter's reply to this thread).

This to make sure that everybody should get all the info that is in the drivers meeting thread :)

I moved them back and give up what I am trying. The fact that it killed the dicussion and received minimal feedback tells me it's not working, and I'm better of to Laizzez-faire.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%