Season 10, Race 2 at Silverstone - General discussion

I do not know how you could go that fast with these cars, i do not have the time to do many practice laps to get used to it but still i can feel that this car is very responsive to the setup setting changes than the mmg and harder to drvie but that make things even better and more challneging L:)

i tried Helder, Sean, Fournier and Marko set up they are all almost the same, the car felt very nervous and hard to control for the entire lap without making mistakes, i tried to adjust couple of things with Marko setup and i was so surprised how the car responded immediately to those changes, it went crazy and became impossible to drive .. so what i learned is a person should change 1 setting at a time then go out nd try it for couple of laps and then make the adjustment , that means lots of settings and many laps until a person is satisfied. :O_o: ..

I am still counting on Reik to come with a setup for this track :geek: , his setup was the only one that i could drive at Istanbul , he still making smooth car to my liking. .. the rest are doing superb job with setups for sure but they are a bit beyond my ability to handle them at the moment...

A small setup tip for Reik maybe it helps with his setup mission to build nice setups :), during my testing on these cars i found the rear toe in setting is playing a very important role on the cornering stability handling of the car, and should be considered first when working on a setup, i found the optimal range to be between -020 to +20 at a max with 00 is the best setting to start with and build the rest of the setting around it before increasing or decreasing , when you go towards the ( + ) setting the car has more stable and sharper cornering feel but if you exceed the positive settingit it tends to make it harder on the car to reach top speed quickly and harder to turn in , now if you go towards the ( -) setting the car turns in better but lacks stability and lose traction out of turns and the rear tends to go a bit sideways when hard braking ..

i might be completely wrong but that is what my " testing sensors " was telling me , hope this little tip helps ..

you got a point Reik :thumbsup:

It's not me exploring that for the first time. ;)

Whenever it was about making changes, that point has been evaluated by the whole community. That's why such discussions about introducing something new are very usefull. Even though someone might find it hard to follow so much stuff it makes sence to discuss that detailed and lighten each pro and contra.

I am still counting on Reik to come with a setup for this track :geek: , his setup was the only one that i could drive at Istanbul , he still making smooth car to my liking. .. the rest are doing superb job with setups for sure but they are a bit beyond my ability to handle them at the moment...

Oh dear, I'm afraid I have to dissappoint you this time. :cry: Until now I was able to have only one test session. As usual I started with my last setup (so from Istanbul) and only raised wings a little bit. Tweaking things here and there (without being aware of what I do) I had to find out that I couldn't make the setup work properly at Silverstone.

So finally I tested Seans and Markos setups and got the best effect with Markos setup. I'm sure I made very few changes to make it suit me well, so I can upload it asap in this post. But in general it is Markos setup, so BIG THANK YOU to Marko! :thumbsup:

I like to thank you very much for sharing your impressions about rear toe settings. I'll certainly test it soon. I wish you best luck to get one of the other driver's setups to work. I think Silverstone 2011 isn't made for me either, so driving without mistakes will become a very big challenge for me, too. :cool:

I have practiced about 2 hours per night since the last race mainly offline to hide my embaressment. The setups posted I find totally undriveable and way too twitchy, so have been using Default setup, completely dumbed down to get me about 4 seconds off the pace. Then tried it in the wet just in case and it is pathetic, so set about getting a wet setup I was happy with and could finish the race with. Tonight I have finally sorted it out and will be using it no matter what the conditions. So if it is mainly dry or damp I expect to be last by a long way and if it is completely wet I expect to be last but not by as much. I doff my hat to all of you who seem to handle these cars with ease. The funny thing is, because I cannot drive these cars, I am practicing more than ever, it's not making the least bit difference, but I know every piece of tarmac on every track.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back