1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SEASON 10 Race 10 HOCKENHEIM - Setup

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Marko Vuori, May 31, 2013.

1. Our next track (Hockenheim 1999) seems quite fast track with long straights. Yesterday I was having some practice races with Helder, ASD (MF) and G. Zizzo, and found pretty ok setup. Was able to hit 311 km/h (193 MPH) down the straight when slipstreaming. I will attach setup later.

• Like Like x 11
  2. :confused: :roflmao::rolleyes: :whistling:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Good to know. Thank you mate for your early help and input! ;) :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
  4. I made some laps and came up with this :inlove: setup with 1:55-7 .'
    the car felt good and stable under quick acceleration, I am sure this lap time will be beaten easily but at least we have something as a bench mark to compare to :)

PS: i did not have enough time to run zero wings to try reaching 311 km/h , but will be fun to test your setup soon when it is uploaded Marko :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nice ty, I haven't had chance to be on yet but in the immortal words of Ricky Bobby 'I wanna go fast' :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

I see the times are not linking to the Presto page as there is no Hock99 column

My PB so far 1:54:881 if anyone's interested, I'll attached a setup tomorrow after I've worked on it a bit more:)

Jim

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Shake 'n' Bake Sean!:roflmao:

• Like Like x 4
  8. good point, I'll look into that asap :thumbsup:

I've fixed it now, but I hope there is something wrong with Jim's time. If not I need to find another 10 seconds :)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I'm interested mate! I had my short, first ever run with this car-track-combo today and managed to hit ~ 1:54:9xx with two different setups having very different wing settings, so I'm uncertain where to go with wing choice...

• Like Like x 6
  10. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Here's the best setup I have so far

Jim

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  11. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nico

Can you delete my 1:50:463 from the timing on presto, and also David's 1:53:222, we were messing about last night, experimenting with some alternative "lines" (if you get my drift), we didn't think that those times would be logged:redface:

Jim

• Like Like x 6
  12. They are deleted :)

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Cheers Nico

Here's an improved setup, it's the same as b4 but with shorter gears at the bottom end, use 2nd for chicane's and 3rd for T1

Good for 1:54:405

Jim

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

:p

• Like Like x 5
  15. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

we actually thought the times werent being logged, we were just testing how much time could be made up by cutting and going wide, jim obviously is much more experienced at cutting than me :roflmao:

• Like Like x 7
  16. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Au contraire BlackAdder:p

• Like Like x 7
  17. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Heres mines quite happy with it mix of Jims settings, my Monaco and some random clicks lol but working for me maybe for someone else to :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  18. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Jim, your latest setup works brilliant for me!!! Nearly no changes to suit me. Thank you very much mate. I would never have an idea to make such adjustments as they appear in this setup. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  19. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

although this is technically an illegal lap its my pb so far and ever so close to being legal :( , i had a couple small slides during the lap too so i think maybe another .2 could be had, heres a video of the lap.......

and here the cut rendering the lap illegal, if nico wants to remove the time thats fine by me :thumbsup: my next best was 1.53.8 :)

[​IMG]

and here the setup i did it on, its modified from seans earlier setup, its a purely qualifying setup at the moment i havent tried any stints yet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  20. Make it legal! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4