SEASON 10 Race 1 ISTANBUL RACE REPORT

My big congrats to Marko for a dominant(!) victory, and to Helder and Dino for completing the podium! :thumbsup:

Qualify (10th):

The timed lap started well until I made a big mistake when missing the apex of the middle sector uphill right hander. I went too wide and left the track there which may have cost me ~ 1 second. That's why I qualifyed 10th with a 1:39:7xx instead of a realisitc 1:38:7xx. I felt dissappointed about that but on the other side I think it was my first big mistake since having Super Pole and it make the decision to go for a 2-stopper much easier. ;)

Race (5th):

Strategy: 14 laps 68 liters / 13 laps 63 liters / 13 laps 63 liters (both stops with tyre change)

I expected most of the drivers on a 1-stop-strategy with a heavier car, so went for a 2-stopper to be able to make some passes and hopefully win a few places by the end of the race. And so it happend. ;)

The start was very clean by everyone around me and I had some nice side by side action with Eliezer through the first turns. Finally I held 10th position. The next couple of laps were very enterteining for me, as I could make some passes due to my lighter car. I don't remember each overtake but I think I had good racing with Anthony, Sean, Tim and others.

Finally I had overtaken David to be in 4th position and was closing up to Dino in 3rd when I made a poor mistake in the last hairpin section. I had a power oversteer and a 360 spin which cost me ~ 7 - 10 seconds. Back in 5th I had to close up on David again and past him again.

Before I was able to catch Dino again, I had to make my first scheduled stop in the end of lap 14. My heart was bleeding when all the drivers I had overtaken before and a few more flew by on the main straight. :cry: Lol, at least now I knew that they all were on a 1-stopper, so I needed to give my best to get as many as possible of them on track again or when they stop.

I think I came back in 13th or so (very uncertain about the exact position) and pushed hard immediately. I had a few overtakes again but also longer periods with no traffic to get the best out of my shorter stint.

When each driver had done their stops, I think I was back in 4th seeing Dino in 3rd coming back from the pits in front of me. Of course Marko, Helder and Dino in front were much heavier on fuel now, so I was able to overtake Dino and soon also Helder without big problems. Marko was very quick even with the heavier car so he gave me a good tow until I closed up on him. I had one or two attempts wich he could block properly :thumbsup: but finally I got him down the back straight.

This made me be the leader for exactly 3 corners :D because I had to come in for my second stop. :cry: Again a few drivers past but not that much like in the first stop. I'm not sure in which position I left the pits again but I remember the great scenes with Sean and Tim and me sneaking through somewhere. ;) Threewide down the main straight was just cool.

Now I was in 5th behind David, Dino, Helder and Marko. There were 7 laps to go and David was 15 seconds away. I knew that was too much to get him but I pushed as hard as possible just in case he got into trouble. Indeed in the end he had to safe fuel but finally he managed to bring it home a few seconds away so I finished 5th.

Except the disappointment about the bad qualifying result it was a very, very entertaining race for me. :D Great, close fights without any incidents. More of it please! ;) And I'm happy to finish 5th from 10th starting position.

Now I need to learn quickly how to get up to speed to be equal to Marko, Dino and Helder. I'm very curious if the track change will have an influence on each drivers strength.

Thanks to Nico, RD and Simbin (not MMG this time)!!!

See you in the UK soon.

My race report:
Qualify 13th. 1:39,827
A quite expected time, if I am to do better I need to do some qual practice right before joining the race server, or in the practice session. (my pb at prestogp.com is from season 2 btw)

Race (strategy: stop lap 14, 61 liters and tyre change, stop lap 27, 61 liets and tyre change)
I tend to get a good launch with the f3000 for some reason, and had a good start this time as well. I cannot remmeber too much... I need to see the replay first :) this post will be updated in an hour or so.
EDIT: I'll rather make a video this weekend, there was so much good action :)

i dont think its was right one or was anything to do with the cars though :thumbsup: it would have been same any choices.

We have become better and better each season, and was expecting this to continue into season 10, especially considering the quality of all of our new drivers this season. Also, the trend is that drivers usually are well prepared for the first race of the season.

On the other hand I think the much improved sync/lag situation is very valuable for us, and I think it will have a great effect on our season, both directly and indirectly :thumbsup: Also, I think f3000 was the only choice that would give us 21 motivated and prepared drivers, which is what we need for a successful race. (Sean and David was the two biggest opponents of f3000, but they both took the extremely close "defeat" like true men, so did Chirlie until I "insulted" him away!)

On a personal level I enjoy the f3000 ride the most, so for me it was a win-win situation. I am also surprised how quickly I became comfortable and consistant with it, although I suspect I have dropped a little in relative pace along with several others. But that is only natural.

Lol Nico you didnt insult me away mate , after all we are hairy chested males :giggle: (well some of us) .I just didnt feel confident about the race as everytime i came to the DREADED turn hehehe i got the shakes and cold sweats :redface:.

I will be there for rest of races this season and will try to be more predictable , as i know we will most likely see each other again close on track lol :) with a better outcome from now on tho hehe :thumbsup:

P.S sorry if wrong thread too

Grats Marko ! , Helder and Dino :thumbsup: and everyone who finished.

Q 7th , a few small mistakes
R 7th 100 100 softs ? :giggle:

Got ok start and early on had some good racing with Anthony and Tim, also Elizer and Vinc through 1st stint was some action and good racing guys :thumbsup: . I was alone on track for 10 or so laps was abit boring but Tim managed to catch up to make it a much more enjoyable end at lap 27, we then had great fight you can see in previous vid it was really cool and took alot of consideration from me, Tim and Reik also in that vid, even though hes behind us hes still using great judgement with where he puts his car and taking parts slower etc and with Tim we see great side by side awareness of what each others going to do.
:mad: im just absolutely gutted i couldnt keep speed up to make that full turn 8 on outside :p

GR and cyas on servers, here and next Race thanks RD, NIco and presto!

continued...
I wouldnt say im f3000s greatest nemasis though :) really just i like fast f1 style car alot more, as im such a f1 big f1 fan and cant get enough:barefoot: ive been watching all i can of testing etc atm on youtube and i do have to say its good to hear the engines again but anyway as ive said before id drive anything in presto as long as its f2's rf2 next season :roflmao:

They may have helped with sync issue which is good, i also think this would happen with any ingame or slightly more accurate mod as with frr speed never seemed to be a factor in sync or lag issues with them, but its will also still have slight lag issues with distances etc i know i thought cars dissapeared and then back but when i checked, it was freezing on track like Peter said in incidents thread. May be games way of trying to avoid problem when slight lag or may only happen once to hopefully i suppose :thumbsup:.

Do you mean at the end Valter when message would pop up say: person has left the race ? or during race at any point ?
I think i know what you mean we should keep going until everyones done or you main main if crash out early which may be harder to wait on server. Good idea for end atleast though this would also stop people commenting with grats etc until everyone is done which can happen. Also same goes for q obviously, i think someone commented in q and is something we should try and remember to check names see whos out on track still:thumbsup:

I dont know if I did right or wrong do the race but this is what happen to me about frozen and at start after first "nobody on track?":D I thought no nice leave the race too time that I wait :) and I dont want any damage so let pass all and stay behind with safety+carefully , was strange thing same place happen this freeze when it happens.Im sure no video problem always I tested the race at home with 24 cars and I have "no problem" and is first time that happen in this mode.
I think was some provider problem ;)

I forgot to say was Lap 1 but has happened many time:O_o:

That video was funny Valerio, I laughed at the last fear scene (I know the feeling when a car freezes and suddenly comes towards you, heart wrecking :)

I think it looks very much like some type of network issue on your side. That your internet connection does not seem 100% stable at that time. Is your modem/router old? Do you know what type of connection you have? And is your computer connected to the local network with wireless or a cable?

I would like to have an "Super Like Button" for posts like Valerio's last one:roflmao:

I use the like button to show that I've read the post and doesn't unlike it very much.

Car mini freezes.
I think a computer that is loaded to the limit of its maximum capacity can hiccup to a moment in the presentation of 3D graphics (Race07). It is quite demanding to run the game online with the 20 + cars racing. And I think we should check on car mini freezes occur if someone leaves the session during a race. That kind of if thing can be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

That video was funny Valerio, I laughed at the last fear scene (I know the feeling when a car freezes and suddenly comes towards you, heart wrecking :)

I think it looks very much like some type of network issue on your side. That your internet connection does not seem 100% stable at that time. Is your modem/router old? Do you know what type of connection you have? And is your computer connected to the local network with wireless or a cable?

connection at provider line 7M with home router my PC have WiFi because I tried many time to install cable but seems that my pc dont like it or better the router dont want or I dont know how can I do:D
the pc of mine daughters have a cable and run well.I have to say that is the first time that happen so look anxiously for the next race:roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%