SEASON 10 Race 1 ISTANBUL INCIDENT REPORT

Lap 3 Turn 12 - Nicolas Rouge spun in front f me.
I was about to pass him outside on the right side, instead of staying put he started to back up so which made it impossible for me to go around him. I got confused and started to go to the left instead but it was too late and I hit him dead on.
Maybe I should have slowed down more, but either way I think it is better to not do anything if you spin, just stay put and wait until other cars have passed. Otherwise iy is impossible to gauge which way to pass.

I had to pit to repair damage (over 40 sec repair stop) - my race was over, I quit a few laps later after having to let the entire field pass me.

L 1 T 8 came too far out on the curbs at the end of the curve, was skidding across the track and took out Bob L. (he was on the inside) I would lift the accelerator a bit, instead I tried to keep my place and destroyed Bob's race. When I saw that Bob DNF I did the same Im very sorry Bob:(

I'm sure, it was not intentional, and that is why we are, the incident
quite elegantly say: THATs RACE !

( but I really have to say, it would actually really like to go a bit longer:( )

Good Night, all :)
DSOTM.JPG

AT LEAST, THERE WAS STILL THE DSotM LOGO OK!

Lap 3 TS 398.8 Nicolas Rouge bumped me trying to pass though T11 no damage, Slowed me down and he passed on the outside and then cut in front of me just before T12@ 407.25. Had no time to avoid and tapped him slightly which caused Nicolas to spin and did negatively influance Henriks race. Have video uploading but it's huge because of 3 monitor capture.

I could have gone wider on T11, but did not expect him to cut in front of me so quickly taking away my line into T12. Maybe I should have expected it, I don;t know. I'm just sorry that Hekriks race was impacted.

Nothing much to complain about, a nice race altogether:thumbsup: I collided with a car in the final twisty part of the track. No damage done and only a marginal time loss. My analysis of that is; the spun car should stand still after spinning until the pack have past the danger zone. It's really hard to predict and avoid a quite irregular movement in front of you. I'm not the fastest, but my sped is far over the usual parking lot sneaking around in those turns. That makes it hard to save the situation in some cases.

I had Peter in front of me a long time and I can report that the twitching I sometimes experienced on the Aussie cars last seasons was gone. He's car was as stable as Kurt's. Kurt's house is only a couple of km from here.

Didn't notice anything but if you say so.... ;)

it was when you overtook me in sector 3, i tried coming back at you in the second part to undercut you on the last turn but we got a bit close and when i turned in we bounced against each others tyres, i saw a small kick from your rear so thought youd felt it.........

in fact if you didnt feel it then it must not have happened and im mistaken and we should move on...quickly

no incidents to report :D

ts 306-307 : had to go in the grass to avoid Anthony. We had side contacts but it seems I managed to set him right on the track.

ts 399-411 : incidents with Bob Luneski and Henrik. After passing Bob Luneski at T11 on the inside with some apparently some frictions that I haven't felt, I swerved a little on the left a the braking of T12 to avoid the car in front in case of an early braking. The problem is that it placed me right in front of Bob and the braking started immediately after. Bob tapped my rear lightly but it caused my car to spin, putting me in Henrik's way. I'd really like to know what you think of that incident (am I to blame?). Anyway, I'm really sorry for Henrik.
Lap 3 TS 398.8 Nicolas Rouge bumped me trying to pass though T11 no damage, Slowed me down and he passed on the outside and then cut in front of me just before T12@ 407.25. Had no time to avoid and tapped him slightly which caused Nicolas to spin and did negatively influance Henriks race. Have video uploading but it's huge because of 3 monitor capture.

I could have gone wider on T11, but did not expect him to cut in front of me so quickly taking away my line into T12. Maybe I should have expected it, I don;t know. I'm just sorry that Hekriks race was impacted.
My video of that incident :

TS 2466, Nicolas Rouge gave me a bit of a push on turn 6, almost spun me. Not really worth a video upload, barely worth a mention. I have no problem with it personally, would've been nice to see him hold up for me to get back going so we could continue racing but I got him in the end anyway. :) Do with it what you will! :)
Sorry Kyle, I haven't felt the tap. Thank you for the fight.

Thanks for illustrative video Nicolas.

In my view you did little wrong. I think Bob should have antciapted that you needed to move a little to the left to avoid being right behind the car in front, and thus he should have moved to the left as well before braking.

The second part, when you are stranded, it all happens so quickly, and I find it hard to say that you should have done differently. Perhaps you could have locked your tires immediatly? I don't know. Looks more like an incident caused by the initial contact.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%