Round 3 - 06th of March - Nurburgring
Round 4 - 20th of March - Melbourne
Round 5 - 03rd of April - Sepang
Round 6 - 17th of April - Shanghai
Round 7 - 01st of May - Bahrain
Round 8 - 15th of May - Barcelona
Round 9 - 29th of May - Monaco
Round 10 - 12th of June - Montreal

This is, as the thread title suggest, only a preliminary calendar. Round 4-10 corresponds with the same F1 race 3 days earlier (Round 5 and 7 are 10 days after F1 race). Istanbul they do not race in F1 anymore, but it is a very recent track and it is in-game as well. Silverstone and (probably) Nurburgring are done in the Summer when Presto GP is out enjoying the sun, so we move them to the start of our season instead.

All the rounds can be contested, and the order of the first three rounds are more or less by chance. This is not done to shut out a voted track or two, it is just to get us started.

Nice selection of tracks logic seems sound to me no need for vote :thumbsup:, Montreal wasnt best looking like David says but im not to fussed or perhaps a vote for final track then.

Worth pointing out we will have the new layout Silverstone to use i think ?
Also i think theres 2 Nurburgrings, an official simbim and 1 we previously used i think. Obvioulsy we would opt for the official simbim 1 now, if im correct in thinking there is.

The rest of the calender looks ok tho but how about we find an "interesting" alternative to Nurb seing as we raced it only a few weeks ago?
It was Hockenheim we raced a few weeks ago. Last time we raced Nurburgring was round 3 in season 8.

As a matter of fact I think all 10 tracks that was in season 8 are in the suggested calendar, in almost the same order.

As for Montreal, I had the real track on my mind when I wrote it, the track we have but never been "allowed" to race :) But it might be wiser to have a voted track instead.

And I agree that it is probably wise to decide what version of Silverstone and Nurburgring early, the latter I think is part of GTR Evo.

I'm fine with the calendar, too.

I agree that we should vote about the track versions of Silverstone and Nurburgring and for a different track for round 10 (Montreal).

My opinions:
- due to good quality of stock tracks it should be good to use the GTR Evo Nurburgring
- for Silverstone we could change to the 2011 version as it was tested and liked by many of us
- due to being the season final, we should find a nice challenging track for round 10 ;)

Ok, so far our calendar looks like this:

Round 1 - 06th of February - Istanbul
Round 2 - 20th of February - Silverstone
Round 3 - 06th of March - Nurburgring
Round 4 - 20th of March - Melbourne
Round 5 - 03rd of April - Sepang
Round 6 - 17th of April - Shanghai
Round 7 - 01st of May - Bahrain
Round 8 - 15th of May - Barcelona
Round 9 - 29th of May - Monaco
Round 10 - 12th of June - Vote

Remember, if you don't speak up now, you cannot complain later :)

I think this was Bahrain track and layout we used http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=24226&page=2

bahrain_international_circuit_map1.gif

I like Bahrain due to different reasons. It has a good mix of tricky sections and longer straights. So it's a challenging thing to setup the car well. Also the tricky sections before the straights may lead into slight mistakes some times, which can give the following car a good opportunity for a pass in the end of the straight. So we could see some nice passes.

I'm not sure if Monaco as last round is good idea. Maybe in the middle of the season, but in the end of the season it might be too lotteryish :)

Our past events there have shown that it's not the lottery one would expect at Monaco. We always had high finishing rates. I think in generall we have reached a level, where everyone has a good balance between safe racing and required agressiveness.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%