1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 10 - Preliminary Calendar

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Nicolai Nicholson, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Round 1 - 06th of February - Istanbul
    Round 2 - 20th of February - Silverstone
    Round 3 - 06th of March - Nurburgring
    Round 4 - 20th of March - Melbourne
    Round 5 - 03rd of April - Sepang
    Round 6 - 17th of April - Shanghai
    Round 7 - 01st of May - Bahrain
    Round 8 - 15th of May - Barcelona
    Round 9 - 29th of May - Monaco
    Round 10 - 12th of June - Montreal

This is, as the thread title suggest, only a preliminary calendar. Round 4-10 corresponds with the same F1 race 3 days earlier (Round 5 and 7 are 10 days after F1 race). Istanbul they do not race in F1 anymore, but it is a very recent track and it is in-game as well. Silverstone and (probably) Nurburgring are done in the Summer when Presto GP is out enjoying the sun, so we move them to the start of our season instead.

All the rounds can be contested, and the order of the first three rounds are more or less by chance. This is not done to shut out a voted track or two, it is just to get us started.

• Like Like x 12
  2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

im very happy with how that calendar looks except for montreal, if its the old montreal we used 2 seasons ago id vote against it, it was a horrible track but as its the last in the calendar i wouldnt be too gutted to have to race it if its the one picked :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Happy with the calendar as well, might sit the three last ones out due to exams though...

• Like Like x 5
  4. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nice selection of tracks logic seems sound to me no need for vote :thumbsup:, Montreal wasnt best looking like David says but im not to fussed or perhaps a vote for final track then.

Worth pointing out we will have the new layout Silverstone to use i think ?
    Also i think theres 2 Nurburgrings, an official simbim and 1 we previously used i think. Obvioulsy we would opt for the official simbim 1 now, if im correct in thinking there is.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Put me down for this, but I may miss 3 of the races due to holidays, I will try to talk the wife into other dates.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Starts earlier than I have expected it, but it should be allright

Sean Greenlaw Yes the Nürburgring track that came with GTRevo is very good and the standart used version of this track evverywhere I've driven it (and that was a lot of times :) )

Can't say anything about Montreal though, never tested it on Race before.
    The new layout of Silverstone also works very good for Race.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

I cant make the 6th of Feb, I'm off to the Alps as usual:cool:

The rest of the calender looks ok tho but how about we find an "interesting" alternative to Nurb seing as we raced it only a few weeks ago?

Jim

• Like Like x 4
  8. It was Hockenheim we raced a few weeks ago. Last time we raced Nurburgring was round 3 in season 8.

As a matter of fact I think all 10 tracks that was in season 8 are in the suggested calendar, in almost the same order.

As for Montreal, I had the real track on my mind when I wrote it, the track we have but never been "allowed" to race :) But it might be wiser to have a voted track instead.

And I agree that it is probably wise to decide what version of Silverstone and Nurburgring early, the latter I think is part of GTR Evo.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Oh yeah.....Doh!! :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just booked tickets for the real Monaco race :D , so I will definitely not be able to make the race on the 29th.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I'm fine with the calendar, too.

I agree that we should vote about the track versions of Silverstone and Nurburgring and for a different track for round 10 (Montreal).

My opinions:
    - due to good quality of stock tracks it should be good to use the GTR Evo Nurburgring
    - for Silverstone we could change to the 2011 version as it was tested and liked by many of us
    - due to being the season final, we should find a nice challenging track for round 10 ;)

• Like Like x 8
  12. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

+1 to reiks opinions :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

I have understand which track or version Silverstone or Nurbur you speak but Im fine with Calendar:D.
    I'll try to be faster,I promise:)

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ok, so far our calendar looks like this:

Round 1 - 06th of February - Istanbul
    Round 2 - 20th of February - Silverstone
    Round 3 - 06th of March - Nurburgring
    Round 4 - 20th of March - Melbourne
    Round 5 - 03rd of April - Sepang
    Round 6 - 17th of April - Shanghai
    Round 7 - 01st of May - Bahrain
    Round 8 - 15th of May - Barcelona
    Round 9 - 29th of May - Monaco
    Round 10 - 12th of June - Vote

Remember, if you don't speak up now, you cannot complain later :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. I'm not sure if Monaco as last round is good idea. Maybe in the middle of the season, but in the end of the season it might be too lotteryish :)

Which Bahrein configuration we are talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  16. There have been many complaints from members regarding Melbourne from last season and earlier. I have never experienced any technical issues with it myself.

• Like Like x 2
  17. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

melbourne problem was with too many cars? someone would end up sharing and drop onto the grid.

apart from that its a great track and the rest have been used countless times so should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

• Like Like x 4
  19. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I like Bahrain due to different reasons. It has a good mix of tricky sections and longer straights. So it's a challenging thing to setup the car well. Also the tricky sections before the straights may lead into slight mistakes some times, which can give the following car a good opportunity for a pass in the end of the straight. So we could see some nice passes.

Our past events there have shown that it's not the lottery one would expect at Monaco. We always had high finishing rates. I think in generall we have reached a level, where everyone has a good balance between safe racing and required agressiveness.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Zandvoort is an old F1 track that we could do a fun race on. Just to find out if it suits us. A very technically safe Simbin track. It's a challenging course, something very far from the drag-racing straights and slow chicanes of Monza. Last grand prix was held in -85.

• Like Like x 6