Season 10 - General Discussion

I understand that, but say I go through turn 11 tight then someone is right on my ass the next lap, I'm not allowed to hang it out there to force a decision from the chasing driver? Not that anyone will be behind me. :D

I race my races and expect the driver behind to react to me and if I am chasing I am reacting to the car in front.. if it's a collision it's my fault for not reacting.. I don't make passes easy by being predictable, never have.. :unsure:

You can force him to go whichever side you want Kyle. The key is to make it clear early and only move once. This discussion is about a corner that isn't very normal (mainly because there is no braking) Almost always you chose the inside or the outside and you leave room for the other guy.

Never the less, I now know that David, Chirlie and Sean are taking the wide route, so if I am following them I know I can dive for the inside without risk.

i dont remember saying id be taking the wide route? i dont actually see anywhere that ive given away what line i use, the video i posted is the line i used at that moment overtaking chirlie, my natural qualifying line isnt much diffrent from that but still, i havent mentioned taking wide tight or through the middle, everyone has their own line, all i commented on was the indecision made when following so close, you either lift or choose another line but following so close isnt an option and as reik says theres plenty more straight after the kink.

the more talking we do on this the more likely an incident will happen because people are thinking about it while driving it, lets look forward to tonight instead of causing ourselves more debate and problems.

Take care of each other during the first laps. We all want to get all the way to the finish line. Keep in mind that we have more than an hour to show what brilliant drivers we are;)

Believe it or not, but in my eyes you have done nothing wrong. on track you followed your natural racing line as I would predict (I just didn't think of that it could be very different than mine).

In a way you did PrestoGP a service, as you and I experienced what can happen if two drivers with different racing lines meet. Having incidents of that type before the real event is a gift, it allows us to identify and possibly correct spesific problem areas with the track. That is what the drivers meeting thread is for.

My anger and demotivated feeling comes from:
When I can tell from the various posts that they are defending you, that means they are already on a personal level, which is forbidden (but nobody are able to live up to this) and is irrelevant when disecting a situation. Further more, when they bring in the personal aspect it looks like I am an arrogant idiot who always have to find out what others did wrong when I make a mistake, when I in fact are fulfilling my duties as a driver dilligently through trying to disect an incident to learn from it.

For me, who always try to look in the mirror both 2 and 3 times before pointing any fingers, it is terrible when my 100% technical focus and 0% personal focus is misunderstood by many or all to be me blaming others for my mistakes.

If you can apprechiate what I am trying to say here, that I feel everybody misunderstand my drive and motivation, and the enormous frustration that comes from it, you also understand that I am having great troubble finding the calm I need to join the race tonight.

As always, i do not blame anyone for ill intentions, it just turned out really bad for me.

nico i dont even know where to start with that.....

but ill start here lol i really dont understand what your trying to achieve here, why did you bother mentioning the incident or posting a video and a long post? you asked for replys, your comment about at a personal level is untrue because its only an incident in a fun session so i honestly dont care about defending chirlie even though hes a mate, i gave an impartial view to an incident you asked for views on, you obviously dont like the views or this wouldve been dropped by now.

can i just ask this question though nico and i dont mean to be nasty or that but why are you angry? is it because we dont agree with you on the everyone should be taking one line thing or because we gave our explanation and it didnt agree with yours? i really dont know why youd be angry about a nothing incident then turn it into a huge debate about a corner thats never caused problems before.

its never nice to know your upset nico but why are you upset?

Nicolai, lifting off just 2-3% throttle would have spared you your spin and allowed you to draft but that is racing and everyone makes errors, you have pointed it out quite boldly which, well, only works if there is actually an issue there other than a driver error. I have nothing personal with you or Chirlie as I have never even spoken to you before. Don't get all angry or negative about it, I'm sure no one here has ill feeling towards you but in all honesty from a completely outside and somewhat precarious "new guy who know's no-one" position, that was your error, unavoidable incident. In my opinion anyway.

Now, be there or be square! To not race because of this is silly!

Anyway, you'll all have a laugh at me bouncing off barriers in the replay I'm sure.

THEY DON'T CALL ME PINBALL FOR NOTHING! :whistling::D

Seriously though, my first race in the Presto GP tonight, I might be gracious and let y'all through as I'm the new guy but if I'm feeling it I will race like I usually do and I've always raced as if it is the attacking cars job to avoid contact whether I'm attacking or being attacked. Of course this changes if the car in front makes an error causing the collision but in general it works as when that happens it can usually be put down to a racing incident. In my opinion anyway.

Right, going to go hide behind the couch now before everyone tells me to STFU N00B. :giggle:

I think it is best I do not try to explain myself anymore, but rather end it now, learn from it and move forward.

but in all honesty from a completely outside and somewhat precarious "new guy who know's no-one" position, that was your error, unavoidable incident. In my opinion anyway.

This illustrates perfectly why I became so angry, the way the discussion turned out it will be seen in the light of "who was fault and who was not". and in that light I think I am a wuzz, drama-queen and more. In that light I would take 100% blame. But I do not discuss in that light, from the start I was trying to find out why I got confused, why my instincts misread the situation, which they very rearly do when I race at Presto GP.

The important thing i try to remember is no one here means harm by anything they say in these forums, its always done in way to intend to improve everyones driving/our racing and i always look when we comment on incidents the ways it could have been avoided.
I think Nico has always done this and tends to do more than most when helping with incidents hes not envolved in:thumbsup:, we will also have probably alot more heated discusions this season, so its important to remember what anyones says its to help and not accusing of etc.

We all guilty of sometimes reacting wrong way to posts or incidents in the past and, because we can sometimes go on the defensive if we feel our safe driving being brought into question or that have been hard done by in a incident, as i think we all proud of way we drive here. :thumbsup:

When I can tell from the various posts that they are defending you, that means they are already on a personal level, which is forbidden (but nobody are able to live up to this) and is irrelevant when disecting a situation. Further more, when they bring in the personal aspect it looks like I am an arrogant idiot who always have to find out what others did wrong when I make a mistake, when I in fact are fulfilling my duties as a driver dilligently through trying to disect an incident to learn from it.

Pmsl so i see am not missing much, the only thing al say is yes nico u are a total noob & u can't take it so u moan like a bitch thats why ave not been back & would rather race in another league with people with a better attitude's & respect for other drivers on & off the track, which u dont have, & it seems everybodys scared to say things which i think more of them would if u took criticism better, anyway thats all i have to say good luck

I would like to have this clarified once more that we have agreed on one lane change per straight-away. If [or when] we move off the ideal racing line [whilst being pursued] we are not then allowed to return to the ideal racing line [or braking zone] for the approaching corner.

E.G. After turn 10 at Istanbul, select either the left or right-hand side of the track and stay there for the Turn 11 braking zone.

Yes, after F1 adjusted their rule a year ago it is now identical to ours, if you go defensive you cannot move back for braking zone. Be aware though that the natural racing line will bring you from the left side of the track to the right on the straight after t11. This is obviously not a move. If you stay on the left side after t11 it is a "move"

My impression is that everybody has a good grip on this rule :thumbsup:

You may change your line only once.

For example if you drive down the straight on the right side, because the next corner is a left hander and you get chased very close, you are allowed to make your defensive move to the left side (inside line). But you are not allowed to drive back to the right side then (weaving).

Regarding Eliezer's driving lines tonight at Istanbul...to me, I was thinking there was a lot of "tail wagging" going on ahead of me down the back straight as I watched Tim chasing Eliezer. :giggle: . Should something be said or change? :)

In one point I understand Nicos anger. All time he underlines that for him it's not about who's to blame but many comments are about who's to blame.

Of course my earlier comment also implies that Nico is at fault there but it wasn't my intention to shift the blame. I added my comment because of the following reasons:

- I like to let you know how I'd like to have such situations handled (maybe from the sum of many comments we find a consensus)
- I like to let others know how I think and how I race so I get predictable for them
- I like to add comments to such topics

Sure, everytime someone raises a topic one can ask if it's worth a debate. But finally everyone's still free not to comment at all.

Personally I don't see a reason why Chirlie should be discouraged. I mean we are men, aren't we? ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%