Season 10 - General Discussion

id agree with you there reik, i still much prefer the mmg car but the racing is good and close so it more than makes up for the loss.

regards the damage, i think we're already at 100% damage so these f3000 are obviously built like tanks which is a pity as somewhere inbetween mmg and f3000 damage level wouldve been ideal, but in a way your right it is much more forgiving and is a good thing too.

Im pretty much same as you I think Dino I also lack some motivation with f3000s id race rf2 with fisi2012 or even f2s in a heart beat, I just think the ffb and physics and everything rf2 has to offer will make sim racing even better.
I only play gtr/f3000s now because of Presto and maybe the f2s or lower formula maybe best option when n if we jump ship for the learning curve even thought as David said in Essington club race id only just update my rf2 and very little practise I think rf for most in presto will be very easily to transition, maybe just take a week until your happy with ffb settings.

I cant believe yours is that old Jim :) mines was to after updated end of season, you should notice a few improvements I think the fisi2012/marussia ( its also like dino says couple secs slower than fisi) and f2s pick of bunch so far lol also did you put in that fanaleds for control of pedal vibration ? it sounds mainly like just for csw leds etc, but it also control usb pedals separately as its a low resolution when pedals connected to a fanatec wheel.
I never noticed this until I got my csw and could have been using fanaleds to control the vibration from brake pedal for months before when I was still using g27 :unsure:

lol :roflmao: id love to use the mmg again but........

for the future the fomula isi have to be the natural progression? in my mind, yes, id love to be racing them regularly with everyone from presto, the game is ready for league competition it would just be convincing folk to splash out on the game and any upgrades to their pc they'd need which will be the hardest part.

lol :roflmao: id love to use the mmg again but........

for the future the fomula isi have to be the natural progression? in my mind, yes, id love to be racing them regularly with everyone from presto, the game is ready for league competition it would just be convincing folk to splash out on the game and any upgrades to their pc they'd need which will be the hardest part.
almost ready for league competition :D The rest I agree with :sneaky:

Really hard to tell.. Physics feel really great, reminds me more Race than rF1, just without the exaggerated FFB of course. But where rF1 FFB is one big rubbery, sluggish porridge, this feels sharp. Just have terrible problems with braking, they tend to lock up or i get snap oversteer without any feedback from the vehicle... If you're vehicle not perfectly straight, you miss the corner or have to start braking wayyy sooner what the AI is capable off.

And i mean perfectly level, just one bumb at wrong place can make you spin. It could be because the test car is GT Corvette (blaah..) that the fronts just overheats, no way of knowing that atm (haven't checked telemetry screen setup yet..).. I can barely touch the brake pedal at corners. The rear of that vehicle is not the most forgiving, you have to crank tire volume to 200% to even have some warning when your losing grip.. I don't like that Corvette is the demo vehicle, don't know how well that is tested. It certainly is not the easiest on GT series and this model hasn't got the understeer in/oversteer out that i'm used to..

Also i'm still using auto-clutch, that feels exactly like it is in rF1.. Race at least enables auto clutch much later in the rev range, it's more anti-stall than auto clutch.... In rF2 it feels like i have no engine brakes at all. Combined with snap oversteer/front lock ups, it's handful. Graphics look really weird (= rubbish...) at settings that can do 40FPS, i have the recommended requirement graphics card (well, it says GTX270 and i got GTX260..), i think there is some hidden stuff somewhere to make it smoother.

Would you say I'm able to play it on lowest settings at all with my weak system just to get an idea of the physics and FFB? I have an old Intel Dual Core 2,1 GHz with 2 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD4850 running on Win XP. (Please don't laugh at me! :()

PS:
I know I can't "hinder" the change to a newer and better sim for too long only because of having a weak PC. But I think that most of the highly anticipated stuff like rF2, Assetto Corsa or maybe C.A.R.S. should be available around Christmas so even if I had a better PC I guess I'd vote for another Season with the F3000. And looking at the great challenges with the F3000 last season I see an even greater challenge coming if we stick with it.

oh i dont think theres any doubt thats we'll do another season of f3000 reik, thats what the majority want isnt it? im quite happy to have another season of f3000, but after that things really need to be looked at, by the time we have our season 11 race07 will be 7 years old, about time for something else?

regards your pc reik, try the demo, dont expect it to run on high or ultra and youll be fine. had a look at this.....

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/rfactor-2-developer-qa/

seems your system will run it fine but like i said dont expect max settings, turn down what you need and you might get away with your system for a while yet :)

kennet, you cant say the graphics look wierd or rubbish when you dont have the recommended minimum card for it, i run it all on high/ultra with no aa or vsync and get between 50-70 fps most times, only dropping when sitting on the grid and to me it looks great, graphics arent battlefield 3 but their very good for a sim.

regards your ffb kennett, what wheel do you use? it takes some messing to get it feeling how you like, i set it to 1.60 ffb multi and use whatever you like on the filter, the pedals could be too sensitive for you, try using the pedal settings in the control options screen, you set a minimum and maximum for pedal travel, even turn the sensitivity to 50, i actually use 0% sensitivity and feels good to me.:thumbsup:

Really hard to tell.. Physics feel really great, reminds me more Race than rF1, just without the exaggerated FFB of course. But where rF1 FFB is one big rubbery, sluggish porridge, this feels sharp. Just have terrible problems with braking, they tend to lock up or i get snap oversteer without any feedback from the vehicle... If you're vehicle not perfectly straight, you miss the corner or have to start braking wayyy sooner what the AI is capable off.

And i mean perfectly level, just one bumb at wrong place can make you spin. It could be because the test car is GT Corvette (blaah..) that the fronts just overheats, no way of knowing that atm (haven't checked telemetry screen setup yet..).. I can barely touch the brake pedal at corners. The rear of that vehicle is not the most forgiving, you have to crank tire volume to 200% to even have some warning when your losing grip.. I don't like that Corvette is the demo vehicle, don't know how well that is tested. It certainly is not the easiest on GT series and this model hasn't got the understeer in/oversteer out that i'm used to..

Also i'm still using auto-clutch, that feels exactly like it is in rF1.. Race at least enables auto clutch much later in the rev range, it's more anti-stall than auto clutch.... In rF2 it feels like i have no engine brakes at all. Combined with snap oversteer/front lock ups, it's handful. Graphics look really weird (= rubbish...) at settings that can do 40FPS, i have the recommended requirement graphics card (well, it says GTX270 and i got GTX260..), i think there is some hidden stuff somewhere to make it smoother.

FFB is not very indicative of tires loosing grip or braking, that one you have to get used to, allthough it is a bit better with the other cars than the Corvette or Nissans.

The Corvette last time I drove it was super hard to the front tires whilst you coudn't get the rear tires to wear no matter what you did, so you get a developing understeer with every lap.
Atleast I haven't figured out how to get the balance making more sense, but this also is better on the other cars.

Also like david said, try lowering pedals sensibilities (100% is linear).
On the open-wheelers I use something like 60% on the brake and 80% on the throttle. If you use pedals without much resistance and/or short throws, you might try lower sensibility values too, especially on the brakes.

Also forget AI when it comes to comparisons with grip or traction. They don't use the same physics that you use when driving.

Next thing that isn't very accurate or the official minimum/recmmended settings. They aren't really recommended for a smooth experience at all in my opinion. You certainly need a bit of a faster cpu (and also gpu) imo. When I switched from my Core2Duo @ 3,8ghz to the i5 2570k @ 4,2ghz I got a jump of up to 50% in fps with the same GPU (HD 6870).

Btw biggest fps eaters are mirrors, reflections and HDR (the different detail-settings, not so much).

Also you should really try to get to 60 fps at every moment, but better yet 90+ fps to get the game as smooth as possible and to reduce any kind of input lag as far as you can. For that you can set a maximum fps in your player.plr to have kind of a vsync on a higher level (I have it on 120 fps) without the consequence of input-lap.
Everything regarding physics and its translation to ffb will make much more sense when having input lag as low as possible.

Also for a fully customiseable HUD that has all the infos you could possibly need, go HERE

David Turnbull : Momo black. Decreased roration to 220deg, rate to 10, steering lock to 12 from the car setup. Brake sensitivity to 0 and throttle at 20. From windows FFB 100%, springs 20, damper 20, spring return 15. At rF2 i decreased FFB to 80, momo will definitely clip with anything above 100 from any level (basically i should put 100 from the game and then reduce the overall power from windows but that's my default to get the full range first...)

I got the wheel-feel pretty good, now i'm fiddling with exaggerated YAW, dropped that to 10.. If i'd have more muscles, putting that to -10 felt really nice but i think i'll fry my motors eventually as it -stiffens/loosens+ the center feel. It could be the car too as Corvette just came out.. But it has been forever since i last tried anything as heavy as GT cars, i do remember my few seasons with them and they have awful brakes that can fade off pretty fast..
There were two options for that in the past, either put everything to front and overheat them above optimum so they are nver at full potential but i'll doubt that rF2 is like Race where you can keep braketemps in 1½ race at 3000deg easily... The second solution is to move them back, step by step so fronts wont fade out, it's trickier to drive and really sensitive to car balance.. But i need to see brake temps, there is a button for that, just need to configure that nostromo keypad that i bought secondhand (10€) for racing and work, haven't configured it yet for rF2.

Oh, HDR.. My game goes black if i take that off, only HUD is visible....Also pausin, watching replay will freeze the race, i can restart it thou.. I got the demo version so it might be that.. I'll try to get that hdr off. EDIT:HDR fixed, it had to be taken of from the launcher, much better now.

I got the lifetime I thinks its going to be worth it if I play rf2 for more thn 2 years which going by race07 and its beign 6 years maybe best idea, I think you can upgrade to lifetime also this is a option rather than paying for another year a few extra £/$ you can get it for life.:thumbsup:

There's also some tinkering for ffb and other settings in plr file that can also be done especially for head shaking which personally I don't like and theres plenty guides a tweek threads on the isi forums to give you guy a head start to if you have no rf1 time then some of these things also maybe unknown :thumbsup:

Track map plugin is one id recommend from Dino there :thumbsup: it has all the telemetry goodies you could ever want and pretty cool how you can customise it to your own liking, I made mines kinda look like xd for gtr :giggle: lol. Motec is pretty cool and works ok atm to although I just like looking at the fancy colours and lines but with rf2 you get drag and wing load levels to which can aid in balancing setups :thumbsup:

On performance I think a relatively new quad core cpu and pretty good gpu you will have pretty good performance with it, also through the beta to where we are now I have went up a lot of fps without changing anything pc hardware wise, so mostly the game itself has improved performance. I was shocked when practising for club race I was getting near 100 fps max and 40/50 fps starting grid when, im sure last time I played (before s10) I was nearer 60 max fps and 20 fps on starting grid with 18 cars.
Ive got the game near max settings on triples wi aa off and some reflections off but my pc is prob nearer higher end.

I cant really say anything about the corvette as ive only driven once for a few min's, I pretty much only sim race formula style don't really enjoy tintops, id preferred f2s or skips or fisi for you guys in demo lol but hopefully with the likes on fsone2013 and even mmg 2008 in works them and a track pack for season is more what ive been waiting for with more f1 style circuits, ill deffo be practising some Silverstone this weekend and watching alot of it to :)

Managed to get it to Race level graphics (mostly using medium settings), shadows unfortunately won't work on low settings, cars still "float on air", ie no contact shadows, didn't even try with other shadows settings, they are easily the biggest single power hog, greater than reflections, IMHO. 50FPS steady with 12 visible cars. That's good enough. Next month i'm gonna buy the full version, even without the demo it would've been soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back