Season 10 - F3000 Skins - Discussion

Sorry for the noob question but I have decided to use the Ferrari 1991 skin from nogrip but I placed it in the file directory that it tells you too and loaded the game but it wouldn't appear. Not sure if I am doing it right to be honest lol.
I am completely new to using skins so could someone let me know how to get them to work and also so I can see others skins while I'm driving cause I don't see anyone's. do I have to download them from mydrive?

Does anyone have a link for the blank PSD so I can make my own skin? The simbin site won't let me onto the Race 07 gamepage. :(

I put the F3000 body, cockpit, and hemet, driver suit template files on mydrive in the Season 10 skin folder for you. Formula 3000.rar and Driver_Helmet.rar

You need to get the dds plugin for Photoshop found here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

to save the psd files as dds files for the skins. Cheers

I have buikt my onw skin now. Thanks Jonas for explanations. You can download it on mydrive. You need to get the one that is title: "Steeve Fournier_canada" not the one title "Steeve Fournier_good one" this is my old one :)

Thank you

This is what it looks like:

Attachments

• new skin.jpg
    new skin.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 667
Looks good mate! ;)

Ah well, thanks Reik. Though i found its not so good so i worked on a new one... MUCH better. :) The body is done. Need to work on cockpit and driver gears. This is what it looks like. I will upload it only when its finish. So its possible you see me in a red car for a few days :)

Steeve

Attachments

• Steeve Fournier skin2.jpg
    Steeve Fournier skin2.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 404
Hi guys, is it difficult to create your own skin?
And how do you start: what's needed and where can you find it? (blanco skin, photoshop I assume?)

sry for the many questions...:geek:
ps: if I fail I might take the Lewis skin if it's still unused by you guys and if it's okay of course for Helder. Awesome job man!: link

edit: sorry guys, just found some info: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-9-skin-thread.53787/

edit2: jeezes, looks time absorbing stuff!:redface:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years